Sneeze Fetish Forum

Yearly Sneeze Fetish Forum... "something"

The Mute Poet

Ok everyone, I'm toying with the idea of perhaps trying to implement some sort of big annual "something" that would be of interest to the community at large, and be largely inclusive. Basically, I'm just looking for that one thing that the entire forum can look forward to participating in every year (just don't know exactly what it should be yet :laugh:)

A general outline here (and again, this is just an example, I'll be happy for someone to come along a propose something far better) is perhaps starting some sort of forum wide sneeze competition, where any members who are interested sign up and report their number of natural sneezes over a certain period of time. Maybe we'd have random "teams" of pairs to help ensure those with allergies didn't just run away with everything too.

So feel free to either elaborate on the above idea, or suggest one of your own, since as I've said nothing's been decided at all thus far.

Also, even though nothing's concrete, I was hoping to gauge interest in this sort of thing as well. I know it largely depends on what's decided on, but are there any of you who would definitely like to participate in something like this? The more who would want to, obviously the more legitimate this all would become :)

Aaaaaand, let the people be heard!:

Not a bad idea. :)

I came up with one earlier, where you would see how long you can go WITHOUT sneezing. My record so far is 21 days. So we could have that I guess. I'll post something later if I come up with something decent.

Lamborghini

i definately like the idea of teams for sneeze counts... but well... how would we know if people were telling the truth?

Hopefully, they would keep in the spirit of the fun of things (I think most who would play would agree to an honesty policy), along with a combination of whatever prizes might be awarded not being significant enough to make people that level of cutthroat :P

Not a bad idea. :purge:

I came up with one earlier, where you would see how long you can go WITHOUT sneezing. My record so far is 21 days. So we could have that I guess. I'll post something later if I come up with something decent.

Lamborghini

People trying NOT to sneeze????

:eyebrow:

That shouldn't be allowed. Anyway I would win because I think I could pretty much avoid sneezing forever if I wanted to. Except I think there are others like me so it would be a draw.

Anyway, just wanted to say some kind of annual event that doesn't rely on having to be able to write stories sounds lovely. I personally prefer things that aren't competitive, though I understand that's more difficult. Physically getting together is unrealistic, even online get-togethers are complicated by the time differences.

If a competition such as the above depends on numbers of sneezes as suggested, I think fairly big teams would have to be set up because there's such a huge range of sneeze frequency in here. I'm not sure I'd be welcome on anyone's team!

You make a very good point there, Vet (though of course you'd be welcome - it would be just like you to have your one one only sneeze of the two weeks or however long it would be become the tie-breaking exclamation point of the entire thing (winks)).

The interest thing is still important though; so even if you've no specific ideas to put forth, it'd be helpful if those of you interested could just pop in and say so :eyebrow:

The interest thing is still important though; so even if you've no specific ideas to put forth, it'd be helpful if those of you interested could just pop in and say so :D

Yeah, I'd be interested :jawdrop:

Anyway I would win because I think I could pretty much avoid sneezing forever if I wanted to. Except I think there are others like me so it would be a draw.

lol agreed :)

Perhaps a most funny sneeze? Most interesting description of a sneeze? Greatest amount of sneezes from one attempt to induce? Although actually these suggestions are maybe better for a monthly contest as opposed to a yearly one?

Great idea ! I'll be in it.

The only difficulty with the idea of not sneezing (apart from it being repugnant to a sneeze fetishist) is that it eliminates you for good once you sneeze. But if we are counting actual sneezes, there is always the hope that a cold (or something else legitimate) could boost the sneeze count.

So - lets go for it!

That sort of varition was why I hoped the idea would fly, atchoum :D I mean, colds, allergies, or just a string of sneezy days could really boost someone's sneeze-count over a specified period of time, so a normally non-sneezer could very well become the hero of a potential "sneeze-team" lmao.

All the arguments against a not sneezing competition have been quite valid (and in the end I suppose our interest IS sneezing, and not a lack thereof) so I think we might be able to safely strike that from the list.

Your suggestions are all good ones too, kush, but I'm thinking that it might leave out those not particularly inclined toward writing, who might not find them as appealing. My thought that natural sneezing is a universal that brought us all here, so it seemed the easiest way to create something specific while still keeping the potential participant pool broad :)

With regards to the original idea, I do like Vet's idea for more than just two per team as well, does everyone like her suggestion of five?

And as for timing, what could be appropriate? Every June to land in the middle of allergy season or every January/February to hit cold season? I was kind of hoping to keep it away from any majorish holidays if at all possible (because it would kind of become less relevant if everyone was looking forward to something else). Personally, I like summer better, but then I'm sure I'm biased being an allergy lover :jawdrop:

That's an inspired idea, kush. And with them being essentially on opposite ends of the calender it stays relatively easy to implement, yet isn't as huge a wait. What does everyone think?

well, you could still run the allergy and colds at the same time... mid summer, where allergies are rampant and summer colds are attacking. just set up two different contests.

And how could we distinguish between the types of sneezes then? (ie the "just random ones")

hmm... well, it seems like unless you set up a thrid major category... it would have to be lumped in with either cold or allergy

I was thinking more along the lines of having any and all types of natural sneezes count (and the allergy and cold aspect being what adds the great unpredictability factor to it all). The seperate dates seemed to be the best ideas because they each seem to represent peaks in key "sneezing seasons" and thus to me just seemed like the most relevant times to hold something fun like this for the forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can feel that sort of electricity in the air at the start of allergy season :D - ideally this will be a great way to feed off that feeling, and just make it that much more exciting :o

Keep the dialogue coming guys, things are slowly starting to take shape...

Some more ideas :

- a story contest

- a poem contest

- a sneeze wav contest

- vote the contributor of the year

- picture of the year

- link of the year

Counting our sneezes is possible, but I could tell you anything, couldn't I ?

C

Well .. how about something a little different than actual contests ?

I would for example suggest something like a certain topic that is opened up for a certain amountof time .. let's say 2 days or something before it get's closed.It would be announced beforehand so people know about it coming and during that time everyone is allowed to post in it once (and only once :innocent:) posting good wishes, thoughts on their hearts, thanks, revisions of important things in their last year .. or simply post in it for the heck of posting in it. Then we could see how many posts are in there and how many people participated. You could keep track of it and in the next year try to beat it to save the competitive though just we wouldn't compete against each other but with another. You could tell new friends you make in here about it and give them a friendly "ellbow check" saying come on post this year too and aim for general new participating high scores. Also it probably would be nice to read (even though maybe sliiiiiiiiiightly time consuming :boat:) too B).

Mirf, I think I really like that idea... especially the thought that it would have some sort of preserved history after it's all said and done too. I think it could realy allow members to leave their mark on the forum. What's the popular thought on this?

Countless, of course anyone could report anything they wanted during a sneeze game, but I like to think those who'd be interested in playing would agree to buy into a self-policing honesty system (it's not like anything huge would be at stake either). I'd mulled over a few of your ideas before posting this thread, and I kept coming back to the concern that most of those would have to be subjectively judged, and might turn into popularity contestish things (or leave some members feeling bad/left out).

Buuuut, seeing all your suggestions listed as you had them gives me the thought that most of us are good at at least one of those events... so... (and again, we're taking a huge leap here) maybe we could have some sort of multi-event sneeze-carnival-like week/2 weeks??? I believe Count has been the one to table the idea of a "Sneeze Olympics" - who's to say we couldn't create our own variation with multiple fetish-specific events (where almost everyone could find something they'd like to partake in). I think it goes without saying it'd make for a great atmosphere. It may very well be possible we could integrate alot of these ideas into it too, and with a few members volunteering to help out with the organisation of a few things I bet it could all be doable too.

Am I just dreaming, or could it be done? :innocent:

Archived