Sneeze Fetish Forum

Small and Thick or Large and Thin?

hankyhonk

Hi all,

Bought some new hankies this week after seeing kleeny's post about his new ones. I've noticed something. Normal hankies on the whole tend to be thicker than those called luxury ones. I bought some normal hankies from Next (UK clothing shop) they are about 16 inches square and fairly thick cotton. I also bought some from M&S (Marks and Spencer, another UK clothing shop) they're called luxury hankies. they are about 18 inches but a lot thinner than the next ones. I've used one of the next ones and also one of the M&S ones (after washing so they're not soo stiff), the next ones seem fine but I don't think I could ever use any of the M&S ones if I had a bad cold or allergies. They just don't seem thick enough.

My favourite hankies are still my plain white ones with the half inch flat hem, they're definately thicker and also a bit larger than standard (about 18 inches). I've got some massive bandanas too which are great for colds!

Enough rambling, anyone else noticed the difference in hanky thickness?

Cheers

HH

P.S. Any hanky is still better than none! Sooo many people on the train sniffing all the time, what wrong with them, are hankies too heavy for them to carry?

I am glad I've iinspired you get buy some more hankies Hankyhonk. Its always nice to refresh you collection now and again.

As for thickness, I know what you mean. Some are so thin you mught as well use a tissue, althogh I have never had a handkerchief rip on me. I like a good sturdy handkerchief in my pocket.

Some are better quality than others too, some lose their shape easily or are too small for nose blowing use, I have a small number set aside for cleaning my glasses, as they're not adequate for a good blow.

As a female hankie blower I know what you mean. Female ones have the thickness problem even more often than their male brothers.

I do have some 'luxury' ones in my collection, Swiss made. They are rather thin and have a more silky feeling because of a finer weaving technique.

When I use those (I love the feeling on my nose) I never unfold completely.

My preference ? That depends on the circumstances. For a quick sniffle those thin hankies are fine, but with a cold I would definitely choose a thicker one.

C

For everyday use, I definitely prefer thicker hankies, as long as they're not too small. The 16 inch thicker hankies are my favorites, although I do like the larger, thinner white hankies for formal occasions. I too have found that thicker hankies tend to curl more after washing; I'm not sure what causes this, but if anyone knows of a thick cotton handkerchief that maintains it's shape after washing, please let us know!

By the way, it's great that there's been so much hankie discussion on the Forum lately; talking about hankies is the next best thing to using them! :P

By the way, it's great that there's been so much hankie discussion on the Forum lately; talking about hankies is the next best thing to using them! :)

I agree, Shy Guy !

C

Hi all,ive definatley noticed the differance between thickness,as when i bought some hankies from the market they were so thin and not that good quality ,compared to my new next hankies (purchased thanks to kleenys photos).The thin hankies cant take a good blow at all!

Archived