hankyhonk

Do you use coloured hankies?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. what sort of hankies do you use?

• I only use white hankies
    • I only use coloured/patterned hankies
    • I use both but mainly white hankies
    • I use both but mainly coloured/patterned hankies
  2. 2. What do you prefer to see others using?

• I like seeing guys using white hankies
    • I like seeing guys using coloured hankies
    • I don't mind what sort a guy uses as long as it's a hanky
    • I like seeing women using white hankies
    • I like seeing women using coloured hankies
    • I don't mind what a woman uses as long as it's a hanky

Hi all,

I bought some new hankies recently, various check patterns or plain colours. I usually use white in public as I think it draws less attention (it's bad enough that I honk!). Also, I have noticed that very few guys these days use hankies and even fewer seem to use coloured or patterned ones.

I wondered how many of us here use coloured ones. If you do, do you prefer them? Or do you mainly use white? Or do you only use white ones? I know it probably doesn't occur to 99.9% percent of the population that it even matters, but we're different aren't we?

Looking forward to hearing what you use.

Sorry in advance for the exclusive use of the British spelling of coloured!

Cheers

HH

P.S. for the record I've been using a blue and red check one today.

I started out with white hankies only, but now use almost exclusively colored and patterned hankies. I actually like the fact that patterned hankies call attention to the fact that they are indeed hankies and not tissues. About the only times I use a white hankie is if I'm wearing a suit, which doesn't happen very often.

By the way, I like the British spelling of coloured, althought in my bown writing I remain true to my American roots and use colored.

Good topic... (for us at least). I similarly used to use 90% white hankies but have changed dramatically over the years and now use predominanaly coloured handkerchiefs. Although of course I never dismiss anyone using a white hankie, after all it is still a hankie.

And I know at least two of us, myself and a fellow female member who both love using coloured hankies. In fact I feel that more recently on the forum there seem to be a few more handkerchief users making themselves known - both male and female - which is EXCELLENT news .. long may it continue and even grow

Hank

I am afraid I use coloured handkerchiefs all the time.

Its very rare that I will settle for putting a clean white handkerchief in my pocket, when I have a couple of hundred more interesting ones to use. I don't often get comments, sadly.

I don't think we should labor on the fact the Americans spell color without the U, that argument could go on and on like a running fawcett made of aluminum!

I think actually the word is tap.

I use both but mainly white....and I prefer to see men with white hankies. Sorry lads!

Guest mlp1006

I always call it a "sink" haha.

I have mostly white men's hankies that were my grandfather's, and around here, that's usually all you can find in a store. But I really like colored hankies. I have a couple, but I would love to add more to my collection if I could find them! Patterned ones too!

I've never even used a white hanky in public, so I can't imagine using a colored one! But maybe someday...we'll see.

First of all: I don't have any plain white hankies at all... :D

All of my white ones do have some coloured (heehee continental spelling) embroidery.

Quite a lot of my collection items have pale colours like pink and light blue etc.

But bright green and orange and red can be found too, as well as some dark colours.

All of them are used in public. One should not think that the whole world is staring when a colourful hankie is being used.

Try walking a busy shopping street, wearing 2 different shoes: NO ONE will notice !

Last but not least there are the silk, bandana, ... hankies, which are reserved for private use.

C

Has to be coloured / patterned handkerchiefs - white ones are just plain old boring to me!

I have about 10-12 handkerchiefs that I use for every day nose blowing, but as countless said I do have many other handkerchiefs that are reserved for private use..

it's very rare actually that I see a female actually using a handkerchief - most I see use tissues.... I saw a lady on the bus the other day blow her nose into a red bandanna like handkerchief - made me go weak at the knees! :wub:

I use mainly coloured hankies but on occassions will use a plain white hanky.Coloured hankies are fantastic the more colours the better,and if it is a women using a coloured hanky well :drool: i go weak at the knees :D

• 3 months later...

I love using both white and colored handkerchieves depending on mood,but probably colored more than white if you add them up--some are white with colored borders so they are a mix,but they are always a pleasure to use whatever is chosen--I always have a half dozen to a dozen when I go out so if my mood changes I'm prepared! :D:unsure: :

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few white hankies and the rest i have are in colour. I mainly go for blue hankies.

I love using white handkerchieves in a number of styles, but colored handkerchieves have far more varieties and styles,so I use them probaly 3:1 over white and ther's a bigger selection to choose from.

I have a question. How i can see the profiles user here in the forum, and how i can Vote?

I always receive a mistake report.

( You am not entitled ) :P

I have a question. How i can see the profiles user here in the forum, and how i can Vote?

I always receive a mistake report.

( You am not entitled ) ;)

i think it's because your still "at posting school."

but to answer the real question: i am a relatively new hanky user, but i find that i have more patterned hankies than white ones, though my softest and favorite hanky is a plain white cotton one... :rollfast: i like how soft that one is on my nose... :D but i like colored and patterned ones, they're fun and stylish...

idk if you write not enough or what...i just know that when i was "at posting school" like it says under where your avatar would go, i couldn't vote and whatnot.

Archived