Sneeze Fetish Forum

I always figured medical science would ruin our fun eventually...

frozenfire

Well......................................

Isn't this an interesting plot twist?

First they come closer to curing the common cold (or so they say)... and now this?

If this becomes a huge worldwide thing... and something tells me it might... as someone with cat allergies, I will personally refuse this vaccine. :yes: It's all that I can do, anyway...

Four weekly injections of the vaccine significantly reduced sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, running nose, shortness of breath, and wheezing of cat-allergic people exposed to two felines in the same room for one hour.

Never mind any potential vaccine scare - imagine being one of the researchers assigned to establishing the baseline in this experiment!! :yes::blushing::drool::twisted:

Four weekly injections of the vaccine significantly reduced sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, running nose, shortness of breath, and wheezing of cat-allergic people exposed to two felines in the same room for one hour.

Never mind any potential vaccine scare - imagine being one of the researchers assigned to establishing the baseline in this experiment!!

A VERY good point indeed! :yes:

Yet alas... What would we do without allergies or the common cold? :blushing: We'd be thwarted into extinction, we would! *runs away to find pepper shaker* I won't go down without a fight!

Oooh, the evils of modern medical research!! (says the girl who's intending on entering med school through a research-based degree...:yes:) How DARE they??

*please fail to cure colds, please fail to cure colds...*

According to a Swedish newspaper poll, over 70% (-ish) agree with you!

/Tari (aka Eowen)

According to a Swedish newspaper poll, over 70% (-ish) agree with you!

/Tari (aka Eowen)

Oh? This is interesting! Long live Sweden! I will raise a pint of mellanöl for our dear, brave neighbours! :boom:

And WolfMotaki, we need our insidemen and -women to sabotage the research and do business with us by selling cold viruses from the lab, of course! :D

I'm not going down without a fight either! *joins Char*

Meanwhile, Wolf must sabotage all the cold-cure research...

...and I must meet the Swedish sneeze fetishists who sabotaged those newspaper poll results! :D

*preps chainsaw, dynamite, eggbeaters and other sabotage equipment*

MUST STOP THE EVIL!!

Was there any reason given for not wanting a cure for colds...? I doubt 70% of Sweden can be fetishists :yes: If that is the case, I'm moving to Sweden as soon as I can scrape up the resources...

*preps chainsaw, dynamite, eggbeaters and other sabotage equipment*

MUST STOP THE EVIL!!

Was there any reason given for not wanting a cure for colds...? I doubt 70% of Sweden can be fetishists :D If that is the case, I'm moving to Sweden as soon as I can scrape up the resources...

Haha. If they are, I'll join you. However, I think the real reason is probably that they don't want their immune systems to wither. If you think about it, the common cold is the thing given our lovely vaccinated immune systems any real excercise. If the common cold goes poof, then our immune systems will atrophy. And if they atrophy, and some potentially deadly disease comes along, the human race is SCREWED.

Just my thoughts.

Why would they be so crule! :drool: I m there to help with the charge! Lol

So, there we go, we're safe :drool: And yeah...colds=:winkkiss: Somehow I doubt they'll find a way to permanently eradicate colds/allergies anyway, there would always be people who'd refuse to vaccinate or whatever...us for example :rolleyes:

Well then, this is certainly an interesting article. Personally I wouldn't be too upset if they cured the common cold, I hate snotty sneezes. Though I do know many members and other people that like the assets of colds so I'll digress.

I'm not too worried, though; I live in America and here in America we don't feel like injecting ourselves so often just because of allergies. There's also the percentage of people that could misplace the vaccine or not hear about it. So although there will be people that could prevent cat allergy-induced sneezes I doubt it'll affect us much. Plus it could be a dud! :cry:

Also, that little tidbit about how cats licking themselves stimulates sneezes...:)

A couple of years ago, there was a study reported of a similar allergy vaccine containing ragweed pollen. In fact, my allergist had patients participating in one of the clinical trials (I didn't, though).

There are always going to be lots of people who don't enjoy allergy shots, even if it's just a couple of shots, and so won't get them. And some people don't have health insurance, or their insurance won't cover shots, or they have a huge out of pocket that deters them from getting shots, so they won't get them for those reasons as well. There are also lots of people who don't like taking allergy meds, because it's expensive or simply because it's a hassle. The allergic people who sign up for shots and take their meds are the ones who may get bad asthma along with allergy symptoms, and they're the ones who should benefit most. So overall, I don't think we have that much to worry about.

Personally I think the theory behind these specific shots is fascinating, but then again I like medical stuff.

Archived