Sneeze Fetish Forum

Snatiation

Guest Skinny girl

Guest Skinny girl

Hi all,

I was reading up on sneezing on wikipedia & found this article.

Snatiation is a medical disorder characterized by uncontrollable bursts of sneezing brought on by fullness of the stomach, and typically observed in sufferers immediately after a large meal. It is thought to be passed along genetically as an autosomal dominant trait. The phenomenon was first described by Ahmad Teebi and Qasem Al-Saleh.[1]

The term "SNATIATION" was coined by Judith G. Hall. The term is a backronym created from a portmanteau of the words sneeze and satiation. It stands for Sneezing Non-controllably At a Time of Indulgence of the Appetite—a Trait Inherited and Ordained to be Named.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snatiation

Does anybody here have this? I thought it was interesting.

Have a gr8 weekend!

:winkkiss:

I believe at least one person here enjoys this interesting condition; and I've come across a couple of people who seem to have it, although it's difficult to separate from sneezing after drinking in many instances.

I once heard on the radio something about twin sisters who seemed to have it; you know, "It's so funny when my sister and I go out for a meal; we never know which one is going to start sneezing first" sort of thing [which must be spectacular].

Am I alone in finding these silly words and sillier acronyms irritating? Why not just call it food sneezing?

Bleh, I'm almost positive that my father has it too, as he goes into huge fits especially after large meals when we have guests... I pretty much try to sneak away at that point... :cheers:

Geez, what is it with fathers and this snatiation thing!? My dad's a frequent sneezer, but extra especially after meals...and forget "sneaking away", I go hide. Literally. Otherwise I'm asked to do the dishwasher with my dad...:cheers: Not that I shirk my responsibilities or anything, I do it later..when my dad's stopped having fits. Until then...:hug:

There also seems to be a related cause of sneezing : feeling hungry. There is someone on the forum who has this (they will probably out themselves if they read this !)

I don't think the full stomach thing is particularly rare - there are medical articles on it, and you hear reports of it pretty frequently.

My own photic sneezing is almost always after lunch (especially a big lunch), so I wonder if I haven't a touch of it myself.

Ick. I'm glad MY father doesn't have it... The condition itself is kind of interesting, though.

I do have a friend who has this! And sure enough, when he warned me about this 'terrible problem' he had, he said his father had the same problem, so there's the genetic thing. I had never even heard of it before - could hardly believe it, in a way - and yet got to witness it for myself when I finally ate supper with him. He wasn't kidding or exaggerating at all!! He was totally normal during the meal, and then, sure enough, as soon as he was done eating (well, probably several minutes later... and it probably seemed even longer than that because I was WAITING for it with anticipating, hehe), it was as if some invisible allergen had entered the room. He just sat there in front of his empty plate, sneezing helplessly, for a really long time... it was much more of a show than I expected!! I was expecting maybe a quick set of 5 or something cute like that, but this was the kind of helpless sneezing that seemed like allergies... it was really wild. We were in a group, so the rest of us just kind of gave him his space and talked amongst ourselves while he sat there sneeze after sneeze after sneeze, just waiting for it to stop, looking totally worn out. Truthfully, I felt kinda bad for him.. although utterly fascinated at the same time... *sighs*

The SO's mother and sister both suffer from this and launch into spectacular sneezing fits after a large meal. The SO suffers from it to a certain extent but he really has to overeat before it kicks in.

Also, I used to have a boss who used to have the same problem and remember one night when we had all gone out for a curry after work and after two courses and several beers he launched into a fit that lasted upwards of ten minutes... was one of the first major sneezing fits I witnessed and still provides fantasy material if you know what I mean :angry:

Sometimes my stomach will get this weird feeling, and it shoots an impulse up to my nose and I sneeze. it happens a lot in the morning. But it doesn't cause fits, just one. Hmm...

:wub:

i've only heard of the opposite - my roomey sneezes when he's hungry, so i try to starve him as often as i can...just kidding, sort of :)

Archived