Sneeze Fetish Forum

How to solve the problem of fake sneezing on TV and in the movies

Bondi

So you have a TV show episode or a movie and for whatever reason you need the character to sneeze at some point. You get a tiny little chip and you stick it up the actor or actress's nose who you need to have sneeze in front of the camera. The chip is controlled remotely, and anytime you need the character to sneeze, someone from wherever just presses a button on the remote, and the chip really irritate's the actor/actress's nose and they sneeze immediately, and you can press it a few times if you want multiples. No longer would you have to settle for really fake sounding sneezes in your production, for now you can get real ones, therefore attaining much more realistic production values that really draw you into the show. You can even have sneezing in more serious works now because the sneezes would no longer have to be laughably fake since you're finally getting the real thing. Naturally, the chip is completely harmless and easily removed once the shooting is complete. Can also be used on voice actors/actresses, for when cartoon characters need to sneeze as well.

You and your imagination ;) Just what is called for in the episode of Hannah Montana my sister was just watching....they are all awful fakers...>.<

Why restrict its use to TV shows? Oh the fun we could have with such a device!

Seems like a good invention to me, someone should get on this, who knows hollywood might make more movies with sneezing just to use it. Who knows what actresses we could get to see sneeze :)

Oooooo.... *isn't thinking at All about all the fun that she'd have watching "House" * :blushing: hehehehe

Good point!

:)

You and your imagination :) Just what is called for in the episode of Hannah Montana my sister was just watching....they are all awful fakers...>.<

I actually... disagree... '>_>

This sounds like such a wonderful contraption and I hope someone invents it someday. It would serve both our community and Hollywood, of course :)

Sorry to be pessimistic, though, but this idea wouldn't work in all cases. Broadway prodcuers, for one, need absolute perfect timing for a sneeze if it's in the middle of a song (see: Adelaide's Lament, and others for that matter). I know you said it would really irritate the person's nose and produce a sneeze immediately, but I doubt that would be 100% effective. (But, we can always wish... ^_^)

My other thing with this is that if the script calls for a very squeaky sneeze and the actress can't make her real sneeze do that, she'll have to fake it anyway. (Or... she could just practice :blushing:)

So, all in all, good idea ^_^

I don't think multiples would work because the chip would probably fall out during the first sneeze.:P

Still, good idea. It would be nice to see real sneezing in movies/TV/etc, and it would be really nice to see real sneezes often! :drool:

Oh Bondi - you can't imagine how many times I've had this fantasy...

Where my mental engineering usually hits a wall is the question of how to keep the chip securely anchored in the nose (or as Secret said it'd just fall out after one sneeze) without it irritating the nose when it's not meant to (ie: able to only produce one sneeze).

(Has thought this all through way too much :drool:)

I think a small electrical impulse emitter taped to one spot would work - you'd have to use tweezers to apply and remove it though.

Rather than something in your nose, it would probably work better if this was some kind of electrode that interfaced directly with your brains "sneeze center" nerves (kind of like how photic sneezing works).

Well, one thing I can say. If this existed, there would be no need for inducing...

You and your imagination :P Just what is called for in the episode of Hannah Montana my sister was just watching....they are all awful fakers...>.<

I actually... disagree... '>_>

i actually do too...the one where theyre handcuffed? i thought that actually sounded quite real. a little impressed with the skillz! haha =)

Handcuffed...? I don't know, I wasn't really watching until I started hearing sneezing :D When Hannah gets a date thingy with Rico(sp?) and Johnny or whatever his name is...played by Corbin Bleu.

you know... i bet this wouldn't actually be too hard to make... and if you made it conical shaped, with a slight expansion to it... perhaps nesting the electrode onto a small, rolled polymer, something with a bit of texture to it for sticking, and a bit if stretch and expansion, so that the cone would open to fit to the interior of the nostril... that could keep it from flying out...

Okay, I think it's time to steer the discussion away from underage actors and characters now :unsure:

Archived