Sneeze Fetish Forum

Holding your nose closed while stifling sneezes.

JackJenkey

This is a question for all those out there, male or female, who hold their noses closed while stifling a sneeze. My question is this. Are you able to stifle your sneezes pretty much without holding your nose shut, and the nose pinching is just an added measure to help make the sneeze even more quiet, or eliminate any chanc of something coming out? Or, are you actually not able to stifle your sneezes very well if you don't hold your nose shut?

I can pretty much stifle a sneeze without pinching my nose. However, sometimes it's silent and other times a sound does come out, although it may be fairly quiet. So, if I want to be sure that the sneeze is totally silent, I pinch my nose shut as I'm sneezing and that basically assures that no one will hear the sneeze. So basically, I can stifle without holding my nose, but I often hold my nose as extra reinforcements. On the other hand, I know people who apparently cannot stifle their sneeze if they don't hold their nose. If their hands are not free, they have no choice but to let the sneeze out normally. That's why I decided to ask this question.

I hold my nose shut pretty much everytime I sneeze (yes, I'm a compulsive stifler :rolleyes:) unless my hands are otherwise occupied.

I've been doing this for years now, and I find that I can only actually stifle the sneeze if I pinch my nose. If I'm not able to do that for whatever reason that I almost always have to resign myself to the fact that I'm going to sneeze stifle-lessly. Pretty much the only case of hands-free stifling I ever have is if someone surprises me mid-sneeze and I somehow stifle instinctively. Definitely can't do it at will though without my hands ;)

I'm not a stifler, but if I wanted to I'm sure that the only way I could would be to pinch my nose shut. I find it much more enjoyable, however, to allow the sneeze to explode out freely into a nice cotton handkerchief.

When I stifle alot of the time I dont pinch my nose and most of the time its has almost no sound. Unless it is a particularly strong sneeze. If I'm trying to stiffle and someone happens to be looking at me or talking to me I tend to pinch my nose alot of the time I find it works less effectivley for me.

I definitely am incapable of successfully stifling without pinching my nose. -admires those who can actually stifle-

I can stifle without pinching my nose although (to be perfectly honest), I've never tried the latter, so I'm not certain as to what the effect might be. I don't like to stifle anyway...I always end up feeling a little dizzy and disoriented after... :huh:

I stifle sometimes, but I don't like pinching my nose close because I feel like it makes a strange noise, and my head feels like its going to explode. I am able to silent stifle without pinching.

I've only ever tried stifling once, without holding my nose shut...dead silent :huh: But after reading all the warnings about what stifling can do, I decided never ever to do it again. It hurt...no idea how you stiflers can do it every time...>.< I've also never actually tried holding my nose shut...sounds painful...:laugh:

For me pinching my nose is to make sure that absolutly no sound gets out. My sneezes are usually pretty strong so I can usually stifle the first one without pinching my nose with fairly little noise, but if I want the next two to be silent or not sound completly weird I pinch my nose.

If I want to be moderately silent, I have to pinch my nose. HARD! *L*

Me too, but let's not forget that it's very bad for your ears to do that. I think some of us just weren't meant to stifle!

The few times I've tried stifling pinching my nose was the only way I was able to do it, but stifling made my head pound so I stopped. :unsure::drool:

I don't pinch my nose at all, although I find it unbelievably cute when other people do. :unsure: I've noticed, though, that people who do pinch their noses when they stifle don't usually manage to be completely silent. Just my experience, not an actual scientific survey or anything. :drool:

~W.I.N.

I'm not a pincher myself, but in addition to the reasons you mentioned(helping to stiffle the sound of the sneez), It could probably be helpful if one is sick, doesn't have a tissue/handkercheif handy, and doesn't want to risk "expulsion". I'm not a pincher myself because when I was a child I was very prone to getting ear infections, and was told(&experienced) that the added pressure could lead to blockage of my Eustachian tubes(particularly when I was sick) and development of bacterial infections therin

Well I've noticed it's like a build up... everytime I pinch my nose to stifle a sneeze, that sneeze will just sit at the back of my nose waiting, same with the next one, and the next one...etc... until finally there is no more room for me to hold back any more sneezes and I suddenly without warning let out a very loud powerful "WHAAAAASHOOOOOOO!"

I don't even have time to grab my handkerchief or anything.... :dribble:

Archived