Sneeze Fetish Forum

FIC: "When You Love Someone" - (3 Parts)

Guest Tootsie2008

Guest Tootsie2008

Hello, everyone! I've been trying to find a place to post this story, and the only area I could think of is here. It has a lot of sneezing-related situations in some of the chapters, but the actual plot-line is more serious. Thought I'd share...hopefully people still remember this movie!

Title: When You Love Someone

Author: Hermione Eveningfall

Fandom: Wild America

Rating: PG

Summary: Scott Bairstow and Amy Douglas are deeply in love during the filming of the movie. However, they discover feeling so deeply for someone can hurt just as much.

Author's Note: I am in no way, shape or form in contact with the actors involved with this movie. This is merely a fictional take on what potentially happened while they were filming "Wild America", so do not take any of this as truth! Amy & Scott are NOT an item in real life, this is just more of a guilty-pleasure thing I have going on. :-D

Chapter 1

Leslie Johnson felt a huge rush of relief when Professor Bennet released her biology class, shoving her books into her backpack. She was exhausted after struggling through two exams, and couldn't wait for spring break to begin. She stepped outside into the dry, warm air of Savannah, Georgia, and turned her lightly tanned face towards the sky. Leslie couldn't believe her first semester at Savannah State University was already halfway finished! She chose the location because her boyfriend was filming a movie nearby. Zack Ward, tall, thin, and in her opinion...incredibly handsome with his red hair and freckled cheeks...had been cast as the town bully in "Wild America".

This film, Leslie read in a magazine she picked up at a local bookstore, told the story of the famous Stouffer brothers who dared to go on a trip across the country filming wild animals. Now they were famous in the documentary field, hosting their own television show by the same title. All of her friends at school pestered her for information regarding the three famous lead actors: Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Devon Sawa, and Scott Bairstow, and she couldn't but feel a bit smug. She'd met all of them when Zack first brought her on set after the filming began a month ago, and instantly she became friends with everyone. Amy Douglas, a newcomer to the film business, became her best friend, and fell head over heels for Scott. According to Zack, their relationship continued to grow over the past couple of weeks, despite their eight year age difference.

It was hard to believe that such well known actors were so down-to-earth. Leslie spent hours talking to Jonathan and Devon during downtime on the set, and as a group they went out to movies, dinner, miniature golf, etc. Scott was the quiet, paternal figure of the group, which suited sweet, shy Amy just fine.

Leslie barely made it back to the dormitory when her cell phone rang shirlly from her purse, and she pulled it out. Glancing at the caller ID, she recognized Zack's number at once, and immediately her lips turned into a big smile.

"Hello?" she spoke, pulling the front door open after using her key card to unlock it, and greeted the RA at the desk. She got into the elevator, sighing happily as she waited for the device to reach her floor.

"Hey babe, what's going on?" Zack asked, and Leslie watched as the doors slowly slid open, allowing her to step out into the hallway.

"Fine," she replied. "I just finished my last class, so spring break...here I come!" she took her key and opened the door to her room, grateful her roommate, Kelli, wasnt back yet. They got along, but it was nice to have the room to herself, especially with Zack on the other line.

"Yeah, about that," He continued, and she sat down on her bed, removing her sneakers. "I had a proposition. I know you planned on going to see your parents for a week."

"Uh huh?" Leslie lay back on her pillow, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Would you mind spending spring break with me?"

"Zack," she laughed, tightening her ponytail, and he smirked.

"I know, I know...the whole family thing," he admitted. "but seriously, I'm asking you on behalf of Amy."

Leslie sat up again, surprised. "Amy?" she asked, scratching her head, for she'd just spoken to her friend the other day, and things seemed fine.

"Scott hasn't been feeling well over the past few days, and she's been freaking out over every little thing. I think she could really use some distraction."

"What do you mean, not feeling well, Zack?" Leslie asked, feeling her heart racing, and hoped it wasn't anything serious.

"That's just it," Zack said. "We don't know. Scott keeps telling us he's fine, and won't go and see a doctor. She said he woke up with a fever of over a hundred for two nights last week, and he's just hasn't been looking good in general."

"Oh come on," Leslie groaned, rubbing a hand over her face. "Why are you guys so frigging stubborn?"

Zack laughed. "Don't yell at me!" he begged, and she smiled.

"I'm not," she promised. "so, you want me to come and rescue Scott, basically?"

"Uh, sorta?" he asked. "don't get me wrong...I'd have you here every day and night if it were possible. But I know your parents would skin me alive if they knew I was preventing you from finishing college."

Leslie rolled her eyes. "Yeah," she agreed. "they won't be happy that I'm bailing out on them again, but I can't let Amy down."

"I love you," Zack replied. "And it's my treat, your hotel room and everything. When can you be here?"

Leslie was just about to respond when the door opened, and Kelli strolled in looking just as exhausted from her final day of classes. Both girls exchanged silent greetings, and Kelli immediately opened the miniature fridge, pulling out a soda.

"I can leave tomorrow," Leslie promised, and could hear Zack sighing with relief. "Tell Amy to hang in there, okay?"

Zack nodded, watching as Amy came towards him at that very moment, a hopeful expression on her face. She smiled when he winked at her and pointed to the cell phone in his hand, and she folded her arms.

"I will," He promised. "Love you...bye." he hung up the phone, shoving it into his pocket, and nodded. "She's coming," he said, and Amy leaned against the fence.

"Thank God," she breathed. "I need someone besides men to talk to all day."

Zack rolled his eyes playfully, and encouraged her to come on a walk with him.

Leslie, after ending the call with Zack, glanced at Kelli who sat at her desk.

"What's up?" Kelli asked, turning her chair so they could face each other.

"Yeah, my best friend's boyfriend hasn't been feeling well, and she's kind of going out of her mind with worry. I'm gonna spend spring break with her and Zack."

Kelli's face lit up, and she leaned forward. "On the movie set?" she exclaimed, and Leslie grinned.

"Yes," she replied, and Kelli drew in her breath.

"You are so frigging lucky, girl!" she exclaimed. "I wish I could go!" she leaned backwards. "What are you going to tell your parents? I thought you were going home for break!"

Leslie shrugged, dreading that phone call. She lived in New Hampshire, which was a fair distance from Savannah, and only made it home for Christmas. The other holidays Savannah State provided were too short to travel that far, but she did speak with her mother and father on a regular basis. "I can't let Amy down," she explained. "believe me, if I thought Zack was getting sick, I'd be the same way." she called her mother's number, expecting an explosion of disapproval when she told her the news. However, Mrs. Johnson was shockingly understanding, and wanted updates.

"Mom, you're awesome," Leslie gasped, and Kelli shook her head with amusement. "I promise, I'll let you know what's going on with Scott. Yeah...I'll be careful," she added. "trust me, Zack's a great bodyguard...yeah. Love you, Mom...bye!" she hung up, and raised her arms in the air. "That was easier than I thought," she exclaimed, and Kelli giggled.

"Well, if there's illness involved, that helps," she said. "I hope it isn't serious."

"Me too," Leslie agreed, pulling her long, brown hair into a messy bun. "at least Zack'll be paying for my room at the hotel...I'm kind of limited with funds at this point."

Kelli nodded in understanding. "Tell me about it," she said. "Listen, good luck with all of that. Give me a call if anything happens."

Leslie promised she would, preparing to pack for her new location. She took the framed photograph taken at the beginning of filming, which included her, Zack and Amy. Then she had another picture of herself with Devon and Jonathan, and of course, Amy and Scott...their smiling faces melted her heart into a puddle. When you love someone, it's an incredible feeling, she thought, putting the pictures back onto her desk. And I wouldn't change that for the world.

Guest Tootsie2008

Chapter 2

Leslie spent most of the evening packing for break, and decided to do some research on-line for possible illnesses. "I wouldn't do that," Kelli announced once they came back from dinner. "You'll freak yourself out."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Leslie muttered. "his symptoms are so general...fevers, dizziness...they could be anything." she closed out of the internet, and stretched her arms over her head. "Listen, I'm going for a walk...need anything while I'm out?"

Kelli shook her head. "No," she promised. "I'm cool, thanks."

Leslie took a stroll around campus, enjoying the warm but comfortable weather. A gentle breeze blew past, ruffling her hair and clothes ever so gently.

The last day of life at university ended with a thunderstorm, surprisingly enough, and Leslie lay watching as the lightening would occasionally illuminate the room. She glanced over at Kelli's bed, amused that her roommate hadn't budged at all since the storm began. She could sleep through an atom bomb, Leslie thought, pulling the blankets over her head, and trying to block out the noise.

In the morning, both girls said their goodbyes, and Leslie promised to call if anything happened with Scott.

She called Zack around ten, wishing she had her car in Savannah. It was too much of an expense to keep a rental car at school, so she either took the bus into town, or Zack came to pick her up.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes," he explained. "Amy's asking to come with me."

Leslie smiled, excited by the prospect of seeing her best friend again, and decided to relax with a book to pass the time.

She leapt to her feet when she saw Zack driving towards her dorm building in his black corvet, and she could see Amy in the passenger seat. Leslie grabbed her travel bag and flew to the car as soon as it pulled to a stop, hopping into Zack's arms barely a second or two after he climbed out.

"Hey," he greeted, and kissed her passionately. Leslie heard the passenger door open, and Amy, dressed in a pair of capris and a sleeveless button down top, joined them on the sidewalk. Both girls hugged, and Leslie squeezed her friend's hand.

"Are you okay?" she asked, and Amy wet her lips, leaning against the front of the car.

"I'm just so glad you're here," she said, and Zack blew out his breath. "Do you mind if we talk before we go back to the hotel? I don't want one of the other guys listening in just yet. I think Devon's the only one who knows, but Jonathan we're trying to keep a bit in the dark."

"Why?" Leslie asked, and Zack encouraged them to go around the corner, and he sat in the car with the air conditioning and music blasting.

"We don't want him worrying," Amy explained.

"What do you think's going on?" Leslie cocked her head to one side. "Scott's always seemed healthy to me when I was around."

"I don't know," She admitted. "And that's what's driving me crazy. I thought he might be coming down with the flu, which has been going around. I've tried to convince him to go to a doctor, but he won't do it."

"He's probably afraid he wont be able to continue filming," Leslie pointed out. "I mean, the three guys are pretty close, and it would definitely be heart breaking if he had to step down."

Amy nodded in understanding, swallowing hard. "I'm just scared," she whispered, and Leslie hugged her again. "I just found him, and I couldn't stand it if I had to give him up."

Leslie rubbed Amy's back, glancing at Zack through the window, and smirked when she saw him using the steering wheel for a drum.

"You're won't have to," she promised. "we're going to take care of him. Maybe I can convince Scott to at least get a check up...as you said, it could be the flu, and maybe he just has to take medication and stay in bed for a few days."

"I hope it's that minor," Amy replied, and smiled faintly. "I'm sorry I'm putting you in the middle of all this. I know you wanted to be with your parents over spring break, but I can't handle it alone."

"Hey," Leslie continued, turning her friend so the two faced each other. "Didn't I say I would do anything for you?"

Amy nodded. "Yes, but..." she paused. "Yes, you did."

"And I don't go back on my word." Leslie encouraged her to come back to the car, and Amy allowed her to have the front seat for the time being.

"Everything okay, ladies?" Zack asked, lowering his sunglasses, and Leslie nodded.

"As well as can be expected," she replied, and made herself comfortable.

When they arrived at the hotel, Leslie followed Zack so he could check her in, and accepted her key card from the front desk. The hotel had a nice, comfortable atmosphere, and there weren't too many people hanging around the lobby. The cast and crew of Wild America booked the entire third floor, and she felt a bit strange to have a room to herself as well.

"Leslie?" A familiar male voice called from the opposite end of the hall, and Leslie turned to see Jonathan running towards her at full speed. She practically dropped her bags so she could hug him, and realized with a start just how dark the Savannah sun made his skin. "I didn't know you were coming!"

"Spring break for me," she explained. "so Zack invited me to spend some time with you guys for about two weeks."

"That's great," Jonathan replied. "Devon's out getting something for lunch, but he should be back in about fifteen minutes."

"Where's Scott?" Amy asked, for the last time she saw her boyfriend, he'd told her he was taking a nap.

"Still laying down, I guess," Jonathan replied. "Haven't seen him for about an hour or two."

Amy sighed, and told Leslie to get herself settled, and she would go and check on things. Zack followed Leslie down the hallway to the vacant room, which had a queen-sized bed, a refridgerator and a microwave. There was a medium-sized bathroom with a tub and shower; the sink was by the front door.

"Like your new digs?" Zack asked, and Leslie rolled her eyes playfully.

"You're such a dork," she scolded, and he pretended to take the wound straight to his heart, and fell backwards onto the bed.

"Come here," he said, using his finger to direct her, and Leslie stood with her hands on her lips.

"What do I get out of it?" she asked with a mischevious smile, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, about a dozen or more kisses," Zack replied, and she came to the bed, shrieking when he pulled her down on top of him. "You're amazing for coming here, do you know that?" he asked, and Leslie grinned.

"I like to think so," she teased, and he reached up to smoothe her cheek. "I wish they'd give Jonathan the heads up," she sighed. "it's not fair that he's being kept out of this."

"You're not going to be the one to tell him, I hope," Zack said, his eyes narrowing, and Leslie shook her head earnestly.

"I won't," she promised, "but that won't stop me from disproving their decision."

"Listen.." Zack eased her into a sitting position. "I spoke with the director, and told him you were coming down for about two weeks. We're doing the drag racing scenes tomorrow, and he's allowing you to be an extra if it suits you."

Leslie's eyes practically bulged out of their sockets, and she felt her heart stop in mid-beat. "Are you kidding me?" she asked, standing up on the bed, and Zack watched her with amusement. "As in, I'll be apart of the movie?"

"Well, that's generally what an extra is," Zack laughed, and she couldn't believe it.

"You didn't think I'd say no, do you?" she asked, and he shrugged.

"Ever since I've been cast you never showed any burning desire to be part of the film, so I just assumed that type of thing didn't interest you."

"Zack Ward, you should be ashamed of yourself!" Leslie scolded, and he raised an eyebrow.

"What? I was just respecting your boundaries! And you were so excited about school, so I didn't want to throw this at you, too."

"Definitely tell your director that yes, I would be more than happy to be an extra," she replied, and he pulled her into a kiss again.

"You can tell him yourself," he replied. "I said I would introduce you to him once you got yourself settled."

"Kelli's going to kill me when she hears this," Leslie teased, and Zack gave another smirk.

"What, your roommate?" he asked, and there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Leslie called, and Amy pushed it open, peeking her head through.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything important," she teased.

"If it doesn't have a do not disturb sign, then you're free to enter," Leslie explained, and saw Scott standing behind her. He looked pale and weary, but generally the same guy she remembered from her last visit to the set. "Hey," she greeted, and Zack let her off the bed so she could give him a hug.

"Good to see you," Scott greeted.

"You too," Leslie agreed. "Amy, did you know I was going to be an extra?"

Amy's face lit up, and she shook her head. "I didn't know it was definite...I heard Zack mention the idea to our director, but I didn't know if you'd want..."

"What, does everyone think I have a vendetta against the film business?" Leslie threw her arms into the air, and Scott laughed at her enthusiasm.

"We'll be glad to have you on board," he replied, excusing himself to yawn. "I'm sorry," he apologized, and Amy wrapped an arm around his waist.

"I wish you'd start feeling better," she said, and Leslie exchanged a concerned glance with Zack.

"It's probably just a cold," Scott promised. "I should start feeling better in a few days."

"Is that all you think it is?" Leslie asked, and he looked at her.

"Leslie," Zack warned, and she subtly nudged his shoulder.

"It's none of my business...I apologize," she said, and Scott chuckled warmly.

"Don't feel like that," he replied. "I know Amy's been a little on edge, so I'm glad you came to keep her company."

Leslie nodded her agreement, and watched as Amy pulled Scott into a hug, and encouraged him to go back to bed for a while. "I'd rather you rest than pass out from pushing yourself too hard," she warned, and he planted a kiss on top of her head.

"Hopefully I'll be more alert tomorrow," Scott said, and Leslie waved, watching as he made his way back to the hotel room he and Amy shared.

"Wow," Leslie breathed when he was out of earshot. "He's not doing so good, is he?"

Amy shook her head. "I'm going to go and lay with him for a while...Devon should be back soon, and I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you."

When she disappeared from view, Zack came up behind Leslie and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Try to be discreet," he whispered into her ear. "We don't want Scott getting upset if we start pestering him."

Leslie nodded, leaning against his chest, and closed her eyes. "I'm glad I came," she said, and he leaned his chin against her shoulder.

"Me too," he replied.

Guest Tootsie2008

Chapter 3

As promised, Zack took Leslie to the director's room, and both stood out in the hall waiting for Mr. Dear to let them in. When he did, he greeted Leslie with a warm handshake and a smile, encouraging her not to be a stranger.

"Zack's told us all about you," Mr. Dear announced once they were both sitting down...Zack was told to take a walk while they discussed the situation.

"You'll be one of the extras during the drag racing scene, and if you're here long enough for the beach scene. Zack told me you're on spring break?"

Leslie nodded eagerly. "Yes, sir," she replied. "I'm on break for two weeks."

"That's great...you'll be able to do both, in that case. Tomorrow morning we'll have you join Amy and the rest of the girls in the wardrobe and make up trailers...can you report to set by five thirty?"

Leslie cringed at the idea of having to be up before the sun, but it was worth every second if she was going to be part of the film. She couldn't imagine what Kelli would say when she heard the news!

She was about to respond when she heard what sounded like someone yelling in the hall, and nearly jumped a foot. "What was that?" she asked, and Mr. Dear stood up, providing her with a copy of the script.

"It's something Scott's famous for on set," he explained.

"That was a sneeze?" Leslie gasped, and Mr. Dear nodded. "Geeze...I hope he's okay!"

The director laughed, and handed her a copy of the script. "You won't have any lines, but you will be required to do some shouting."

"That's fine," Leslie agreed. "Thank you for allowing me to be part of this, Mr. Dear. I really appreciate it."

Mr. Dear nodded, and promised he'd stop by and check on her when she got on set the following morning. Leslie left the room, script under one arm, and literally ran into Devon as she came into the hallway.

"Ow!" Both cried in alarm, and Devon stared at her once he realized who he'd hit.

"Leslie!" he exclaimed, immediately embracing her, and the two of them began talking at once, thrilled to see each other again. "When the hell did you get here?"

"About an hour ago," she replied. "Zack invited me to spend my spring break with him, so I'll be staying in the hotel."

"That's awesome," he replied, and they heard another violent sneeze in the distance. "Oh crap, he's at it again," Devon muttered, and Leslie giggled.

"Again?" she asked, and Devon shrugged.

"Scott's been sneezing a lot lately...I'm sure you've heard how worried Amy is about him?"

Leslie nodded. "Yeah," she said. "Devon, do you have any ideas as to what's going on? And why aren't you telling Jonathan?"

"Tell me what?"

Both whirled around to find Jonathan coming down the hall with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Nothing," Devon promised, folding his arms. "Where've you been?"

"Caffine," Jonathan replied. "I think I'm old enough to wander around the hotel unchaperoned."

Leslie grinned. "Aren't you afraid of fan's chasing you?" she asked, and Jonathan made a motion with his hand to prove otherwise, and gave a half wave before going back into the room he and Devon shared. Once the door shut, Leslie sighed with relief, and touched Devon's shoulder.

"That was close," she admitted, and Devon nodded.

"Scott made us promise not to tell Jonathan he hasn't been feeling well...they're incredibly tight."

"Aren't all of you tight?" Leslie asked, and Devon smiled.

"Oh yeah," he replied, "but Scott shares a bond with Jonathan that he doesn't have with the rest of us."

Leslie understood, and rubbed her chin. "Well, I guess we'll have to keep an eye on him. Guess what...I'm an extra in the movie now!"

Devon's eyes lit up, and he immediately lifted Leslie off of the ground, twirling her with excitement. "That's great! I was hoping they'd let you in...when do you start?"

"Tomorrow morning," Leslie said. "well, I should go and hang out with Zack for a while. It was good to see you again, Devon."

"What are you guys doing for dinner?" Devon asked, after they gave each other another hug, and she shrugged.

"I have no idea," she admitted. "why, do you guys have plans?"

Devon checked his watch. "Of course, it's just lunch time now, so I was hoping we could get together and go out to eat. That is, if Scott gets out of bed anytime soon."

Leslie grinned. "I'd love to," she said, and he nodded. "Run the idea by Zack, and let me know," he said, and she promised she would, disappearing into her hotel room for a few minutes. She gave Zack's extension a call, and he came right over seconds later.

"Hey, why don't we share a room?" she asked, and he cocked his head to one side. "I mean, Scott and Amy can do it, right?"

"True," he replied. "I just know you like your privacy."

"I appreciate that," she added, "but it doesn't make sense to pay for another room when everybody else is doubling up."

Zack smiled at her, and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"If it'll make you more comfortable, I'll gladly do that," he insisted, and she grinned, wrapping her arms around him. He peered into her eyes while she kissed his lips tenderly, and the two of them made out for about ten minutes just standing in the middle of the room. When they finally parted, she placed her hands against his chest, and sighed with contentment.

"Devon invited us to go out to dinner tonight," she said, pulling him down onto the bed, and he slid his arms around her waist.

"Yeah? Just with him or the other guys?"

She shrugged. "I guess it's up to how Scott's feeling tonight," she explained. "but he told me to suggest the idea to you as well."

"I'm up for whatever you want," he agreed, and she blushed a bright shade of crimson.

"But we're not going to be partying late either way," she teased. "Mr. Dear dropped the bomb that I have to be on set by 5:30 tomorrow morning."

Zack burst into laughter, knowing how much his girlfriend loved her beauty sleep. Her idea of getting up early on a day off from school was noon, no exceptions. Well, except for something as incredible as this, of course.

"Don't worry about that," he insisted. "so how about tonight I spend in your room, and tomorrow we'll see what we can do about having share with me?"

Leslie kissed him again, grinning. "I'd love it," she agreed, and he nodded, pulling her back down again.

Amy, meanwhile, sat on the bed with her back leaning against the headboard. Scott continued to doze, the blankets pulled close to his neck. She glanced at her watch, which read one thirty, and turned her gaze to the window. She felt helpless, wishing she could do something to help him feel better, but he wouldn't let her in. He kept such a thick wall between them when it came to his health, though she had to admit she must have super powers if she could see right through it.

Scott made a small noise and shifted positions, and she reached over to touch his hand which was resting above the blanket. "Mmm," he murmered, and she moved a few inches closer, bending down to kiss his forehead.

"Dammit," she cursed, realizing he felt warm again, and placed her hand against it. "Scott, you're running a fever again."

He cracked open one eye as she slid down to the floor, and watched as she hurried into the bathroom to find the bottle of ibuprofin.

"Here," she encouraged when she handed him two of the pills, and he took them with a glass of water. "Where's the thermometer?"

"You're the one who got it last time...how should I remember?" he asked, and struggled to sit, groaning slightly...his entire body ached. Not that this was unusual...he felt as though he were ninety years old instead of thirty.

"Don't use that tone," Amy warned, and he frowned, hating to see her so stressed out.

"I'm sorry," he apologized when she came back into the room, and allowed her to put it under his tongue. She put her hands on her hips, and gave him a disapproving look.

"You wouldn't have to be if you just swallowed your pride and went to the doctor for a check up," she scolded, and he rolled his eyes. "I'm not trying to be a nag, Scott, but I'm not a physician. I can only do so much."

When the thermometer beeped, she took a look at it, and shook her head. "One hundered and one...at least it's not too bad." she slumped her shoulders, and Scott hugged her.

"Would it make you feel better if I did make an appointment?" he asked, and she stared.

"Don't joke about something like this," she begged. "you have to be really serious if you want to actually..."

"I am being serious," he promised. "I hate seeing you so upset, and I've been trying to feel better, but obviously sleep isn't working."

Amy handed him the telephone much to his amusement, and watched as he called to set up an appointment for the next availible date. She rubbed his back soothingly as he spoke with the receptionist, luckily able to book a time that was on their day off from filming. When he confirmed everything, Amy wrapped her arms around him, and burried her face against his chest.

"You men are impossible sometimes," she said, and he ran his fingers through her hair. "I'm coming with you to the doctor, by the way."

"I figured as much," Scott laughed, and fiddled with the silver cross pendant he'd gotten her for her birthday. Even though they only started dating when the filming started, he knew she was the one he'd been looking for.

"I love you," she whispered, and kissed him again, just as there was a knock on the door. Scott encouraged her to go and answer it, laying back down again, and saw Devon step through.

"Feeling better, man?" Devon asked, noticing Scott still in bed, and Amy gave him a sad smile.

"He has a fever, but he just made a doctor's appointment," she explained, and Devon's mouth fell open.

"What did you do to him?" he asked, and Amy smirked.

"He's afraid of me," she teased, and it was Devon's turn to laugh.

"Well, can I say I'm relieved?" he asked. "I was thinking we'd have to drag you there ourselves."

Scott made a face, tossing a spare pillow in his direction. Luckily his aim wasn't all that good, so it landed at the foot of the bed.

"So what's going on, Devon?" He asked, and Devon came in to sit down at the desk.

"I invited Leslie and Zack to go out to dinner with Jonathan and I," he announced. "if you two are up for it, woudl you like to come?"

Amy hesitated, waiting for Scott to make the decision, and he could see the hope in her eyes. "What time are you planning on going?" he asked, rubbing his nose a little, and Amy braced herself...he'd had a small a sneezing fit earlier that day.

"Probably around six," Devon replied. "I'm assuming Leslie has to get up just as early as the rest of us tomorrow, so I don't want her out too late."

Scott nodded in understanding. "I should be okay by then," he insisted, sharing a look with Amy, and Devon smiled.

"Good. We miss hanging out with you. Listen, are you going to tell Jonathan about your appointment?" Devon cocked his head to one side, and Amy could tell he felt guilty keeping such a secret from the youngest actor.

"Not just yet," Scott admitted, and Amy folded her arms. "I'm sorry, but I don't want him getting worried if it's just a cold or the flu."

"Do you think it could be something else?" Devon asked, and Amy frowned. "Scott, I'm being serious."

"I know," he replied. "listen, Devon, I need to handle this on my own time, okay? I'm thirty years old, and I think I'm mature enough to decide which direction I need to take."

Devon looked a little hurt by the comment, and Amy squeezed Scott's arm, knowing how uptight he got regarding anything medical. Scott realized what he'd done, and stepped forward.

"I'm sorry, Devon...but I'm just not very open with this type of thing."

"Understood," Devon promised. "I just can't help but be worried. You're definitely reaching the top of my best friend's list."

Scott gave him a quick hug of encouragement, and sent him off, leaning his forehead against the window with aggravation. Amy watched as he did this, and placed her hand on his back.

"Please let me in," she begged, and he turned to her, the sunlight reflecting off of his face, and making it seem as though he were glowing in gold. All he could do in response was hug her, and she decided not to push him further.

Guest Tootsie2008

Thank you! :-D I wish more people like this type of stuff, because sadly I can't really post it anywhere else :D

im glad you're enjoying the story, though!

Archived