Sneeze Fetish Forum

People saying 'bless you' to themselves

Heathcliff

I have a silly question: have you guys ever seen someone sneeze, and then say "bless you" to himself or herself?

I'm not talking about "bless me"- quite a few people say that, and it seems to be an informal equivalent of "excuse me", or means something like "Whew! That was quite a sneeze!" But I've seen two people who sneezed, and immediately after said "bless you" as if they were talking to themselves.

The people I saw do this were both female- it struck me as cute, but also quite funny. I mean, I'm sure they don't say "thank you" or "sorry" to themselves in front of their friends- but they do say "bless you".

Has anyone else observed this particular quirk?

I've seen the "bless me," but not someone actually saying "bless you" to themselves. Interesting. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I knew a girl who would say "bless you, me" when she was done.

"Bless you, me" makes me chuckle! :yes:

Is that like those people who just keep saying "excuse me" EVERY 5 SECONDS for absolutely no reason?

In any case it sounds completely ridiculous.

I knew a girl who would say "bless you, me" when she was done.

my little brother used to say that after he sneezed. its kinda weird but cute in a way cause he was only little :laugh:

Is that like those people who just keep saying "excuse me" EVERY 5 SECONDS for absolutely no reason?

In any case it sounds completely ridiculous.

This reminds me of a woman I used to work with who would constantly say "I'm sorry", every time she did anything or even if she did nothing at all. One day someone set out a paper cup and told her that every time she said "I'm sorry" she had to put a quarter in it, and she actually did. By the end of the day there were several dollars in the cup!

Anyway, getting back to the original question, I've know quite a few people who would say "Bless Me" when they sneezed, but I've never heard anyone say "Bless you" to themselves. It's really kind of strange, but as they say, it takes all kinds.

Yeah I think I've seen (and heard) it once. I don't remember when and where, but a girl had sneezed in public, but nobody blessed her so she said "bless you" to herself which did lead to one or two people saying it as well out of guilt.:cheers:

I have a silly question: have you guys ever seen someone sneeze, and then say "bless you" to himself or herself?

I'm not talking about "bless me"- quite a few people say that, and it seems to be an informal equivalent of "excuse me", or means something like "Whew! That was quite a sneeze!" But I've seen two people who sneezed, and immediately after said "bless you" as if they were talking to themselves.

The people I saw do this were both female- it struck me as cute, but also quite funny. I mean, I'm sure they don't say "thank you" or "sorry" to themselves in front of their friends- but they do say "bless you".

Has anyone else observed this particular quirk?

yes,unfortunately-- it is truly LAME-- you have my sympathy... :rolleyes:

I knew a guy who used to say "shut up" after he sneezed. :blushing:

LOL some people are just nuts i guess..and yeah..they do seem pretty egotistical for doing such a weird habit

Can't say that I ever heard anyone say 'bless you' but 'bless me' I have heard. I probably would have laughed if I heard someone say that!

I think bless me is ok, but bless you when someone says it to themseleves makes them sound like a contortionist.

Archived