Sneeze Fetish Forum

Becoming desensitized to a sneezer?

The Mute Poet

Has anyone out there ever experienced a phenomenon where a person whose sneeze you intially thought was great becomes mediocre or even mundane if they prove to be an extremely frequent sneezer?

I've had this happen before with a girl back in highschool... I was so amazed when I heard her sneeze all through the first week of class, but from then on everytime she did it was almost so expected it barely registered the rest of the year. Granted, she did sneeze almost exclusively in singles, so maybe that had something to do with my loss of interest; but I was still a bit amazed at how much my perception changed over the course of the year.

Has anyone else had this or anything similar happen? Could it really be that the "too much of a good thing" rule applies even to our fetish? :lol:

(And, yes, I'm already laughing picturing Sternuto's response here... <_<)

I can't say that this has ever happened to me. There was also a girl in my high school who was a very frequent sneezer. She was in my freshman homeroom, as well as several of my classes, and I never got tired of hearing her sneeze, even though I probably heard her sneeze close to 1,000 times throughout the four years we were together. In fact, it's been over 30 years since I've seen her, and I'd still give anything to hear her sneeze again!

I havn't really met someone or spent enough time with someone so sneezy that I would be desensitized by their sneezes. But a lot of the wavs on Bondie's site and youtube do nothing for me after listening to them a bunch of times. No offence to those who made them.

If I ever find myself getting "desensitized" to a sneezer, that pretty much means I never thought their sneeze was very remarkable to begin with. If someone's sneeze sounds the same every time and they tend to only sneeze singles, then you end up thinking "you're heard one; you've heard 'em all."

And as with what someone said about WAVs, the ones that I haven't listened to in months do a lot more for me than the ones that I've been "over-indulging" more recently.

I only tend to get desensitized when I get to know the person and discover that I don't like them very much after all ;) For me, it's very much related to my reaction to the person's character. If they turn out to be real jerks, their sneezes eventually do absolutely nothing for me.

I only tend to get desensitized when I get to know the person and discover that I don't like them very much after all :knifed: For me, it's very much related to my reaction to the person's character. If they turn out to be real jerks, their sneezes eventually do absolutely nothing for me.

Same here; there was one guy in my class last year with a FANTASTIC sneeze...for the first two days. Then i got to know him and I hated strongly disliked him :blink: After that his sneezes did nothing for me, occasionally even annoyed me. Then again...there's another guy who I originally though had only a so-so sneeze, then I got to know him and found he was a really great guy. I like him a lot and yeah...now his sneezes are awesome :laugh:

I remember thinking about this some time ago, because it struck me that you really would know if you were getting tired of someone if you started finding their sneezes boring. But as far as I can recall it's never happened to me. The reverse is the case; ie someone who seems not very interesting suddenly becomes fascinating because they have a good sneeze; or even, someone who is really quite nasty remains interesting because of their fine sneeziness.

Of course, one goes through favourite sneeze styles quite quickly in .wavs and the like....

Archived