pollen→花粉

snot→鼻涕

nose→鼻子

rhinitis→鼻炎

runny nose→流鼻涕

nose blowing→擤鼻涕

:knifed::blink:

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

Just for people's information, this is the English-to-Simplified-Chinese dictionary. Right?

sneezeloveyou
Just for people's information, this is the English-to-Simplified-Chinese dictionary. Right?

Yes,you'are right,sir.

Because I am Chinese.

I know nothing about Chinese, but I think it's interesting how the word for sneeze is so long. Can you provide any insight on what the characters represent?

How did you even make those charecters with the computer? Unless you have a special Chinaese computer.

I know nothing about Chinese, but I think it's interesting how the word for sneeze is so long. Can you provide any insight on what the characters represent?

Well actually,

sneeze→打喷嚏;喷嚏
is showing 2 words: (打喷嚏 and 喷嚏). There's only one character difference so maybe one is the verb "sneeze" and the other is the noun "sneeze." I don't have a clue what the characters mean or how to even pronounce them.

I don't have any way to enter any Asian characters into my computer; I always copy-paste from somewhere else.

Aren't online dictionaries fun; you can even listen to words being pronounced;

well, it seems that the two character noun is "penti" I can't do the accents but it sounds roughly as you would expect, unless it tends towards "punchy". The verb adds the initial element "da". Almost like give in Romance languages.

But surely we have Chinese-speakers here?

PS The two character word for nose which is at the basis of the other words is bizi; pronounced "beezer". Since beezer is an ordinary English slang word meaning nose, I postulate that this is taken from the Chinese; it seems odd that this doesn't seem to be commented on in English dictionaries, even though many lexicographers must have been sinologists.

sneezeloveyou
How did you even make those charecters with the computer? Unless you have a special Chinaese computer.

很抱歉,请这位朋友把字母打正确.

I am Chinese,not"Chinaese''.

Yeah,friend.Most western people konw more about Japanese than Chinese.

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

There are two meanings in this word.One is"喷嚏'',and the other is"打喷嚏''.

~ mod note: merged again ~ Lynne

Archived