Sneeze Fetish Forum

Blushing Butterfly

Pilgrim

So I guess she came back, and then left again? Or something? Which is a travesty. And I was going to make a topic on the Snake Pit where I cried and ranted about it, but then I calmed down a little and thought this might be more appropriate.

Like most girls who I write letters to, I'm sure you're either not reading this, or that if you are you care precious little about its contents. I'd love it if that were different, but I would bet good money that it's not. Regardless, I feel like this needs to be said.

Back when I was a lurker, when I was just an adolescent teenager, I stumbled onto this forum and of course discovered Bondi's site. At first, it's existence seemed to nullify the need for a forum. I couldn't understand why anyone would bother with anything else when there was a treasure trove of .wavs free for the taking. I figured I'd never sign up with it. What could I have to gain? I could be perfectly happy with just a few users off the wav page.

And then I listened to yours. They were...incredible beyond belief. And they made me realize that not everyone is in this for themselves. You made something spectacular for a people you identified with, a community you wanted to give something to. That...moved me.

The very same day I signed up under the handle Otaku and begin integrating myself into the community, constantly trying to find new ways to give something to it myself, to try and emulate what you did for me. Now, my success in accomplishing this has been...limited. I've made now obsolete yahoo groups to store clips from various anime, attempted and failed to create an ongoing SF webcomic, was a short-time member on the short-lived RP forum, and wrote countless dozens of fanfiction, constantly trying to provide something the community could get some use of.

To this day I'm still thinking up little schemes for making some little trinket for the forums that someone somewhere might appreciate. I never for a second forgot what you did for all of us. You set a bar I've been aspiring to reach since my first day here.

I'm not going to ask you to come back or make new wavs or whatever. You did more all those years ago than I could ever presume to ask for. I'm not asking for any sign of recognition from you either; that's more than I've earned too. I just thought that maybe, maybe, you might like to know how one fan felt.

Sincerely, Marek

Archived