Sneeze Fetish Forum

Warning!!

Guest September

Guest September

This might not apply to many people but I thought I would post it just in case.

I've been doing some research and it seems that applying capsaicin to the nasal passages, while initially causes violent sneezing, may result in a specific type of damage which permanently inhibits the ability to sneeze.

Capsaicin is the chemical that makes peppers hot- it occurs naturally in varying concentrations in chili peppers, jalapeno peppers, and any other fruit that belongs to the genus capsicum. It is NOT found in black pepper or white pepper. However, if you or your partner has used or has considered using chili pepper or a spice mix containing chili pepper, jalapeno pepper, etc, you might want to consider switching to something else. In the studies I have read, between 33 and 100 percent of participants experienced a decrease in sneezing 6 months after the application process (depending on the concentration and frequency at which it was applied.)

This isn't anything to freak out about, just something I thought people should be aware of. A lot of BBQ spice blends contain chili powder, and I know they are popular, so read the labels and make the decision for yourselves!

To read more about this, type in "capsaicin sneezing" into the search bar at www.pubmed.gov. Most studies are for the purpose of determining the effectiveness of applying capsaicin to the nasal passages as a treatment for non allergic rhinitis. Here are a few examples:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1742652...Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2411099...Pubmed_RVDocSum

There are quite a few studies out there, and some have contradictory information, but I thought people would lke to know of the potential risk, and make their own decision.

Lamborghini

This was very thoughtful of you. Thank you for sharing. :wacko:

Lamborghini

Interesting, and a potentially useful warning. Just goes to show that all of our mums (and moms) were right: People, don't play with your food.

Guest September
Interesting, and a potentially useful warning. Just goes to show that all of our mums (and moms) were right: People, don't play with your food.

the funny thing is that most people would consider this a beneficial side-effect.... not us!!!

Archived