Sneeze Fetish Forum

Worst Timing for a Sneeze

Celeb Obsessed

This is a great question, I look foward to hearing everyone's stories!

I have a FML story that deals with this that happened last year; I spent at least 2 1/2 weeks synthesizing my product (I'm an organic chemistry grad student), it was a very time and labor-intensive reaction and it ran all night, then I worked it up in the early morning and then cooked it more (repeated a million times with more reagents/solvents etc). After spending my whole entire social life in the lab day and night, it was finally done and I had to weigh it to see how much product I recovered. I had it on a pre-weighed glass plate (watchglass) and my allergies were bugging me that day. I was in the middle of the room holding my powdery product on the glass and I panicked because I felt a sneeze coming. :o I tried to find a place to put it down but the sneeze crept on me, blowing my powdery product out and onto the ground, particle by particle! :blink: I weighed what was left of it, which wasn't much and cried. :laugh: My advisor yelled at me since it was an expensive process and he told me I need to be more careful. Eventually I had to redo it because it wasn't enough and I made sure that my allergies were not a problem that day!

I rememeber once I llet out the gigantic sneeze when I had a cup of coffee in my hand, needless to say the coffee didn't stay in the mug!

Hahaha I always feel like I sneeze at the worst time! LOL

Hmm, let me just give a run down rather than a play by play. I played college softball and was a college cheerleader and would have bad allergy attacks in the middle of doing both. There were times when I had to call 'time' and step off the mound to finish sneezing and then get on and pitch the ball. Cheering in front of hundreds/thous of people, I just didn't care. Half the time, we were facing the football team anyways and I didn't get too easily embarassed. I think the worst times when I had to sneeze and did would be when eating because I remember this one time that I was eating rice cakes or something like that and had to sneeze. So, there I am stifling like 5 or so sneezes in a row, desperately trying to swallow the rest of whats in my mouth so I can actually sneeze. Ridiculous. That was a funny day. Hmmm, the only other time that I can think of that I would describe as the worst timing for a sneeze (for me--as I am sure that defining worst changes for each person depending on their level of comforts) is when allergies are kicking in quiet places--i.e. church, movies, quiet dinners, funerals (oh GOD that was the worst. M's grandfather died and we had only been dating a few months but I really wanted to be with him, so I went to the funeral and the flowers they had were HORRID smelling and made my allergies go into full swing. I remember getting in the car with his parents and four siblings and his mom and sets the flowers right in my lap and M grabs them immediately and goes "NO, she's allergic mom, we need to move them" and made this huge ordeal. Blah!!!)...those are typically the only places where I will excuse myself and leave. Other than that, whatev...

When you have a full bladder. And when you're holding a hot cup of coffee. These have both happened to me many times. :P

This is a great question, I look foward to hearing everyone's stories!

I have a FML story that deals with this that happened last year; I spent at least 2 1/2 weeks synthesizing my product (I'm an organic chemistry grad student), it was a very time and labor-intensive reaction and it ran all night, then I worked it up in the early morning and then cooked it more (repeated a million times with more reagents/solvents etc). After spending my whole entire social life in the lab day and night, it was finally done and I had to weigh it to see how much product I recovered. I had it on a pre-weighed glass plate (watchglass) and my allergies were bugging me that day. I was in the middle of the room holding my powdery product on the glass and I panicked because I felt a sneeze coming. :laugh: I tried to find a place to put it down but the sneeze crept on me, blowing my powdery product out and onto the ground, particle by particle! :wacko: I weighed what was left of it, which wasn't much and cried. :hug: My advisor yelled at me since it was an expensive process and he told me I need to be more careful. Eventually I had to redo it because it wasn't enough and I made sure that my allergies were not a problem that day!

OMG! That must have redefined what sorrow meant! :nohappy:

I think the worst time to sneeze is when ur trying to have a conversation with someone and u have to started sneezing and i mean u do like 6 or 7 in a row it has to cause some kind of embarrassment.

Oh my gosh.. during a job evaluation.

I'm a teacher. I'm teaching away with my evaluator in the room frantically writing notes. Watch me teach..play by play.

And then the itching starts and I know what's going to happen. I'm trying to listen to student responses so that I can make stellar comments back.. but I start sneezing. Fits of 3 mostly. And between each one, I find myself saying "I'm sorry..could you repeat that? *sneeze*sneeze*sneeze* I'm sorry. Excuse me? *sneeze*sneeze*sneeze*". Of course, the kids thought it was funny and they totally lost what I was trying to say.

I pulled it together, stifled what I could and kept going.

I ended up with a good job eval, but for those few minutes, I thought it was a lost cause...

OMG sneezybreezy, that's awful. I bet you're glad that wasn't some complicated natural product that you had spent months or even years working on! I'm about to start a chemistry PhD program and I sure hope I never have an incident like that.

And ImStillNotHere, that's a close second!

When you have a full bladder. And when you're holding a hot cup of coffee. These have both happened to me many times. :ohwell:

now if both happen at the same time... :flowers: isn't it great being female?!?! :P

When you think your mascera/liquid eyeliner is dry but its not and you ruin your makeup

Last week I was trying a new mascera that I assumed would be dry in a few minutes. When I felt a sneeze coming I didnt bother to stop it but apparently the new stuff is still not fully set after 5 minutes. One good sneeze left me with racoon marks around my eyes and the need to redo my makeup

I remember one time I had just taken a bite of food and had to sneeze without warning I tried to hold it back and nearly choked on my food.

• 1 month later...

Okay, please consider that there are underage members on this forum when posting. That's a bit more graphic than we generally encourage.

There's a reeeaaally bad moment to sneeze:

The first time I kissed my boyfriend,

he tried to hold it back, but then he turned away and sneezed.

He flushed and was so embarassed, I feel sorry for him,

but you can imagine how glad I was!!

The two nicest things on earth at the same time, sneezing and kissing <3

Just fab

Archived