Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Why Handkerchiefs Are Cool"

allergyboy2001

Nice article, and further proof that the handkerchief is making a comeback!

By the way, I don't agree with the objection that the water used to wash handkerchiefs negates their eco-friendliness; I wash mine with my underwear and such, so it's wash water that was going to be used anyway. As for the "ewww" factor, it seems to me that if you try to blow your nose into a tissue (at least if I try to blow my nose into a tissue), half of it ends up on your hands, which also has a considerable "ewww" factor (well, maybe not for me but for most people!)

Yippee! Another vote for hankerchiefs,looks like we may be right after all, BRING BACK HANKIES!!! Some nice pictures also :wacko:

Guest mlp1006

I totally agree with the article. Handkerchiefs are so cool :D

And I also agree with shy guy. You're not wasting water by washing your hankies! You obviously throw them in with the rest of your laundry. It's not gross! But accidentally throwing tissues in the washer/dryer is nasty! lol.

Great article and true about the water aspect,although I prefer to wash some of my handkerchieves by hand(but in batches)--also the industrial process of making tissues is wasteful--water,electricity etc.--leaving tissues in a pocket before it goes into the washing machine means redoing the whole load and that doesn't always mean it will get it all out-what a mess--handkerchieves are elegant to take out for blowing,each lasts longer than a tissue,they are softer on the nose,help the environment, and make possible conversations like this--what's not to like? :D

Archived