Sneeze Fetish Forum

Were the Egyptians sneeze fetishists ?

countless

We had this discussion before in a different topic - unfortunately I do not remember where.

Right now I am reading The Taste of Conquest - Spice History by Michael Krondl.

It tells the whole history of the introduction of spices in the West, and the influences up to today.

Very interesting.

The book mentions that in 1224 BCE the Egyptian pharaoh Ramses II was embalmed with peppercorns up his nose.

Isn't that remarkable ? Further the Egyptians worshipped cats and the sun, both possible sources of good sneezing fits !

Coïncidence you think, or could we be their descendants :hug::P ??

C

It's interesting you make that link where the sun and cats could both potentially be sneezing triggers, countless... hmmm... it does seem to fot quite nicely, doesn't it?

The coolest thing is that we're very likely the first ones to have ever hypothesized anything like this, as I doubt many researchers would bother to look at something to "mundane" as a possible connecting factor in their culture. Too bad there aren't any anthropologists amongst our ranks, I'd say...

but... but.... :yes: cats were worshipped as the guardians of the underworld... and they also had various deities for the night, moon and stars.... Nyx and Isis, and others...

(Covers ears) LALALALALALALALA.....

I'll have none of your facts! :yes:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, though, it was once widely believed among the scientific community that the Mayans were a peaceful, purely scholarly people so I'd say it's always possible that we might be making fundamental errors in our interpretation of the Egyptians as well.

but... but.... :yes: cats were worshipped as the guardians of the underworld... and they also had various deities for the night, moon and stars.... Nyx and Isis, and others...

Hmm, well I guess he meant to highlight the Egyptians preference for them vs other animals.

and for the Egyptians the underworld wasn't necessarily a bad place. I mean they were wild about Osiris (God of the Underworld). He was second only to Ra..

Oddly enough I was wondering the other day whether people who were photic would be revered or despised in cultures where sun-worship was the norm.

Archived