Sneeze Fetish Forum

NCIS - (4 Parts)

ID2006

Summary: Gibbs catches the flu and Abby takles care of him (if I continue Abby will probably catch it :P )

Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own any of these characters

Author's note: I will be going on vacation for two weeks, beginning next week, so it may take awhile before I can finish this. Hope you enjoy and please leave comments.

CHAPTER 1

“Grab your stuff.”

Instantly the team had stuff in hand and was ready, for everything but what Gibbs said next.

“DiNozzo, you’re taking lead”

“You aren’t coming Boss.”

Handing Tony a slip of paper, “Here’s the address, Ducky’s already on his way.”

DiNozzo just stood there in awe alongside shocked Ziva. McGee, the most obedient of the team was already in the elevator holding the door for the other two.

“Do I need to put McGee in charge so you’ll get moving!”

Tony quickly grabbed the paper, “Uhh, No Boss”, and scurried quickly to the elevator. Ziva, after pausing momentarily to eye Gibbs, followed suit.

As soon as the team left, Gibbs sunk down in his chair. Yelling at Tony had definitely not helped his sore throat or his headache, and he could feel the

congestion building in his sinuses.

It didn’t take long before Gibbs pulled out his crisp white handkerchief. Cupping it over his nose with both hands, “HURESch’ heh rESHOO.” Ugh, it was going

to be a long day.

Back at the crime scene Tony managed to keep everyone in check, despite the confusing turn of events. It didn’t take long to assess the crime scene and it

appeared to be an open and shut case.

“McGee, you’ll be taking the stuff to Abby for processing. Ziva, it’s pretty obvious the wife did it so a confession for you should be a piece of cake. I’m going

to question the Director.”

It was pretty obvious what Tony’s intentions were. If anyone could clue them in about Gibbs, it would be Director Shepard.

‘Why had he even bothered coming to work?’, Gibbs questioned himself. All he wanted to do was lay down. Abby. She had a futon. Why didn’t he think of that

sooner?

Gibbs quickly got up and had to grab his desk for support as a wave of dizziness washed over him. After that he had a new concern. Digging for his, now,

well used hanky he got it to his nose just in time. Doubling him at the waist, “HURSHOOO Re’SCHEW.” After a gurgly blow with a slight honk at the end

Gibbs crumpled the used hanky and placed it in his desk. Thankful of Tim’s allergies, for once, Gibbs made his way over to McGee’s desk and grabbed a

clean handkerchief from Tim’s stack of spares before making his way down to Abby’s lab.

As Gibbs walked into the lab Abby worked hurriedly at her computer.

Without looking up, “Tim just dropped off the stuff and I’ll have your print match in just a minute.”

“That’s fine…heH’ RSCHOOooo,” Gibb’s quickly brought the handkerchief up and wiped at his nose.

“Bless you,” as Abby twirled to face Gibbs her expression quickly turned from slight surprise to sympathy.

“Awwww, Gibbs.” Noticing his eyes squinting she turned off her music before coming up to him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?”

“I’ll be fide.” Gibbs croaked back.

Soothingly, Abby took Gibbs by the arm and guided him to her futon. “Come on, lay down and try to get some rest.”

As he compliantly laid down she placed Bert underneath his head for a pillow.

She wondered how sick he was, he had to be bad to compliantly lay down.

As she turned to get back to her computer she felt Gibbs reach out and lightly grip her hand.

“Abs.”

Turning around she looked down into his bloodshot tearing eyes.

Lips slightly upturned he whispered, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now get some sleep my silver haired fox.”

She waited and watched as his eyes peacefully closed. Then it was back to work.

Upstairs, Ziva was finishing up paperwork. Tony had been right about the confession. Wife caught husband cheating, killed husband, did poor job at covering

her tracks. McGee had dropped off the evidence to Abby and then worked on re-supplying the truck. Tony watched Ziva get the confession and then decided

to head up to see Jenny.

“Need to see the Director?,” asked Cynthia.

“Yeah, she busy?”

“Just doing paperwork. I’ll buzz her and let her know you’re on your way.”

“Thanks”

*knock knock*

“Come on in Tony!”

As Tony walked in he greeted Jenny.

“Director.”

“So what’s up, And where’s Jethro, he hasn’t given me an update on the case?”

“We wrapped up the case. It was open and shut. Abby’s still processing the evidence, but once we have that all in the report will be finished. Confession and

everything.”

Slightly aggravated, “Why didn’t Gibb’s call me?”

“He didn’t go. He made me lead.”

“Where is he then?”

“I was coming to ask you.”

“I’ve been in here all day, but maybe Cynthia knows.” Pushing a button on the phone it wasn’t long before:

“Yes, Director.”

“Cynthia, have you seen Gibbs today?”

“No Ma’am? Would you like me to phone him?”

“No, that won’t be necessary. I’m sure he’ll turn up.”

“Anything else Director?”

“No, that will be all Cynthia, Thank you.”

*click*

“Maybe he’s with Ducky. Tony, why don’t you see if Abby has finished entering all the data and then check in with Ducky to see if either of them know

anything.”

“Okay, anything else Director.”

“Just let me know what you find out.”

“Will do.”

And with that Tony made his trek down to the lab, making sure he stopped to get a Caf-Pow for Abby.

Tony happily announced his entry into the lab.

“I’ve got Caf-Pow!”

“SHHHHH!”

Not quite the welcome he’d been expecting.

Tony cautiously lowered his voice and set the Caf-Pow down for Abby, “Sorry, why the silence? No music?”

Abby sternly but quietly admonished Tony, “He’s sleeping.”

“Who?” Tony looked around and eyed Gibbs on the futon. “What’s he doing sleeping?”

“Tony,” sounding slightly hurt from his accusatory tone, “he’s sick.”

Only then did Tony take a closer look at Gibbs. His normally tanned skin seemed oddly pale, especially when compared to his reddened nose and nostrils that

were almost rubbed raw. A trickle of mucus was beginning to run out of his left nostril and had it been anyone else Tony would’ve jumped at the opportunity

to take a photo and post it everywhere. But this was Gibbs.

Shifting his attention back to Abby, “Has Ducky seen him?”

“No, I figured it could wait until he woke up.” Abby looked pleadingly at Tony. She felt very protective of Gibbs and had no intention of waking her Boss.

Tony gave in, “Okaaay, He can stay. However, I am going to tell Ducky to stop by before he leaves. I will also let Director Shepard know what’s going on.”

Abby immediately jumped up and embraced Tony.

“Thank you thank you thank you.”

“Now, do you have analysis sheets for the evidence McGee brought by.”

“Yep.”

Gliding over to the printer Abby grabbed the top four sheets and handed them to Tony.

“Thanks. And remember…”

“Straight to Ducky when he wakes. Aye Aye Captain.”

Tony nodded his approval and left.

Awww! I love this! Yummy sick!Gibbs, and Abby so sweet and awesome (though I must admit, I wouldn't mind seeing her catch the bug, since I sort of love her that way, too :wub:), plus I always adore any and all interaction between my Abs and her silver-haired fox. :P I really hope you continue this. Thanks!

~Me

CHAPTER 2

~~ A few hours later ~~

Gibbs awoke and tilted his head back as he sat up. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was not paying attention to his surroundings. Having

not noticed Abby standing right in front of him, he sneezed openly towards the room.

“HuHGSHOOooo….. uhg” Gibbs closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall.

“Bless you.”

Eyes still closed and feeling dazed, “Thags.”

Slowly Gibbs opened his eyes and soon noticed the fine mist his nose had left on Abby’s legs.

“Ughhh, I’m sorry Abs.” Gibbs looked as if he was about to cry. Far from normal compared to his usually tough yet ambivalent appearance.

“It’s okay.” Abby grabbed a tissue from her desk and wiped at her legs as Gibbs forcefully blew his nose into McGee’s handkerchief.

“What time is it?”

“Time to go see Ducky!” Abby chirped.

“Abbbbbbs, come on.”

He could be such a baby when sick. Not that he would act like this with anyone else. There was this atypical bond between the two of them that words could

not clearly express.

“Sorry, I promised Tony.”

“They’re back?”

Abby couldn’t help but giggle. “Back and gone again. Wife confessed, reports already in. By the way, the Director came by, took one look at you and said

we’ve got the week off. The rest of the team will filter through our spare paperwork stuff.”

“We?”

“Yup, I’m all yours for the week. She knows you. Like you would care for yourself properly if left alone.”

He couldn’t argue the logic, but still didn’t like the idea of being babysat. At least it would be Abby.

Lost in contemplation Gibbs didn’t notice his nose begin to run down his upper lip until Abby grabbed a tissue and pressed it to his nose. Shocked back into

reality, Gibbs brought his hand up to take the tissue and gently blew his nose.

“Okay now sicky, time to see Ducky.”

Gibbs slighty resisted, but allowed Abby to easily pull him from the futon. As she led him to the elevator he suddenly stopped. She turned and watched as his

head forcefully snapped into the crook of his arm.

“hURESCHOOO…. EGSHOOooo”

“Bless you.”

“Thags.”

It seemed to take forever to get down to the morgue. Gibb’s entire body ached and he was clearly exhausted by the time they got to Ducky.

“Heard you’d be coming by.”

“I’b fide Ducky.”

“Heh, Looks like you’ve got your work cut out for you Abs.”

“Okay, Jethro, lets have a look.”

After a careful inspection Ducky looked back at Jethro, “Looks like you’ve caught yourself a nasty case of the flu.” “Abby, make sure he gets plenty of rest

and fluids. He’s got a fever of 102, if it doesn’t go down in a few days I’ll get Ziva and we’ll force him into the hospital.”

“Aye, Aye Ducky.”

“And Jethro, don’t even think of coming back to work for a week. We can’t afford you spreading this. I don’t think DiNozzo’s lungs could handle this. Now go

home, get in bed, and stay there.”

Gibbs looked at Ducky grudgingly.

“Oh come on, let’s get you home.” Earning herself an equally threatening glare Abby just ignored it and led Gibbs out to her car.

Oh, I am so loving this! And way to go Ducky: emotional manipulation in the form of DiNozzo's health. Possibly the ONLY way (besides Abby...well, no, we're not going to go there! :() to keep Gibbs out of the office long enough for him to recover. I can't wait to see more. :-)

~Me

CHAPTER 3

It didn’t take long before Gibbs was sound asleep with his head leaning against the passenger’s window. Abby took this opportunity to swing by her house and

grab some stuff before continuing on to Jethro’s house.

Abby parked the car and melted at the site of Gibbs. Thinking to herself, ‘poor thing’ she gently rubbed his shoulder.

“Gibbs we’re home.”

Groaning, Gibbs didn’t even bother looking up.

“Come on, let’s get you inside.” Abby went around to Jethro’s side and opened the door and leaned over to unbuckle him. Gibbs allowed her to help him into

the house and lay him on the bed. Then Abby returned to the car to grab her stuff. By the time she brought her stuff in Gibbs was fast asleep curled in the

fetal position on his bed. Deciding to let him get some rest, Abby covered Gibbs with a blanket and went to look for flu survival supplies.

A few hours later Abby heard coughing coming from the bedroom. She walked in to find Gibbs sitting on the edge of the bed coughing harshly into his palms.

Abby ducked out and grabbed a glass of water and a box of tissues. Returning to the bedroom, Abby set the box of tissues down and rubbed her hand along

Gibbs back. Eventually, Gibbs was able to stop coughing long enough to down the glass of water. Abby took the empty glass and replaced his empty hands

with some tissues. His eyes were teary and he had a stream of mucus flowing from his nostrils. Abby took this opportunity to refill the glass of water and give

Gibbs a chance to empty his nose in some privacy.

When Abby returned, water in hand, Gibbs still looked like a wreck. His hair was sticking out all over and his eyes were bloodshot. Not to be outdone by his

eyes, his nose was equally red and still streaming despite Gibbs futile attempts of clearing it.

“Hey, how you feeling?”

“Peachy.”

Gibbs began to rub at his eyes.

“Sinus headache?”

“It wod’t stop.”

“Come on, I got the shower set up, it should help you feel a little better. Where’s your sweat pants?”

Gibb’s pointed to a drawer. Abby opened it up and got a pair out for Gibbs to change into after the shower. Gibbs, who normally would have objected to being

babied, was thankful to have someone to care for him. Being this sick was awful, but being alone and sick, he didn’t even want to think about.

Once again, Abby took Gibbs by the arm and led him to the bathroom.

“If you need anything let me know?”

“Thags.”

Gibbs started the shower and instantly could tell Abby had done something. His nose began to tingle, and not just from the steam.

“Abby!” Gibbs yelled.

“Is everything okay?”

“What… heh EGSHOOOO…. did you… HURESHEW…. put ind here…. H’GNXT?”

“It’s eucalyptus silly.”

“ hESHOooooo…. Well it’s making me sneeze.”

“It’s also clearing your head.”

Although he was still sneezing it was getting fewer and far between. He also realized he was able to breathe a bit easier. Gibbs took his time in the shower

and massaged his sinuses. The eucalyptus had really helped ease the pressure but the sneezes made his throat hurt more. Before getting out Gibbs gave one

final blow into his hands and washed them off in the water. He then turned off the tap and grabbed a towel from the rack. After drying off and putting on the

pair of sweats he opened the door and went to find Abby. Seated on the couch reading, Abby looked up as Gibbs sunk into the couch and coughed lightly into

his fist.

“Feeling any better?”

Gibbs nodded and Abby slid a glass of water over to him. Picking it up Gibbs sipped at it and winced as he swallowed.

“Throat hurt?”

Nod.

“Want to go to bed?”

Clearing his throat first, “Movie?”

“I suppose we can do that.” Abby got up and grabbed a movie she knew Gibbs would like. Then she went to the bedroom to grab a blanket for Gibbs and

retrieved the tissue box.

“Here, you’re shivering.”

Gibbs took the blanket and wrapped it over himself. Abby set the tissue box on the side table and placed the movie in the player before sitting down on the

couch.

“Why don’t you lay down.” This was not a question and Gibbs knew it. Abby eased Gibbs down so his head was on her lap. Then she shook the blanket open

to cover him, and felt a surge of heat go through her, as Gibb’s lean body shivered against her. Once he was settled, Abby started the movie. Although he

seemed comfortable, Abby could feel tension radiating from Gibbs. Smoothly, Abby eased her hand to Gibb’s head and allowed her fingers to slide gracefully

through his hair. As she continued to run her fingers through Jethro’s hair, Abby could feel his body slowly unwind.

It didn’t take long before Gibbs tensed again, but this was for a different reason. Covering with one arm, his body buckled as a wet sneeze escaped out of

him followed by a slow exhale.

“ESHOOooo.”

“Bless you.”

“*sniff* Thangs.”

Abby handed Gibbs a tissue and he softly blew into it one nostril at a time. Then he crumpled the tissue in his hand and coughed gently into it.

Abby responded by stroking Gibb’s arm.

Her touch felt so good. Once again Gibbs allowed himself to melt into her and this time closed his eyes.

Once the movie was finished, Abby returned her attention to her boss. How had she not realized it sooner. Gibbs was burning up. Sweat dripping from his

brow, Abby eased his head up and got up. Gibbs opened his eyes and looked at her dazedly before drifting off again. Abby went and got some Tylenol PM

and a cool damp washcloth. When she returned she tried to gently wake Gibbs.

“Gibbs….. Gibbs…. Jethro!”

*groan*

“Come on, wake up.”

*more groaning*

She lifted him to a sitting position and he opened his eyes.

“Here take this.”

She gave him the pills and water and he swallowed without a word. As soon as she took the glass he eased back down. Although not entirely confident on her

own Abby figured the meds would help take the fever down. She also used the wash cloth to wipe along his forehead and neck, rinsing it often to cool it.

Within the hour he had cooled off considerably and seemed more coherent.

“Gibbs.”

“hmmmm?”

“Let’s get you to bed.”

Gibbs glared up at her but it was hardly menacing given his current state. After a few minutes he allowed Abby to coax him up and help him to bed. Then she

refilled his water glass and put it and the tissues beside the bed. As she turned to make a bed for her on the couch, Gibbs reached out and grasped her hand.

She turned towards him.

“Stay with me…. Please.” Pleading for her to stay,, she couldn’t resist.

“Okay… till you fall asleep.”

Abby laid down and curled against Gibbs, allowing him to wrap his arms around her. His skin was so smooth and warm against her; it wasn’t long before they

were both asleep.

TBC

awwwwww I love this show and this fic captures the two of them so perfectly!

<3

• 2 weeks later...

yay.... thank you sooooo much for the wonderful comments. I just got back from vacation and hope to be continuing this shortly.

CHAPTER 4

Abby awoke to the sound of Gibbs snoring next to her. Gently she laid her hand against his forehead, and satisfied, she got up and explored the kitchen. Her

search earlier had produced very little since Jethro appeared to live at the office, and in his basement with the newest boat. ‘Was this boat two or three….

Hmmm…. didn’t matter’…. What mattered was Gibbs lived off of takeout. She’d have to venture out later. ‘Was chicken noodle soup even an option when it

came to takeout.’ Abby scoured the menus attached to the near empty fridge. Egg drop soup, ‘that was close…. Right?’ Settling on that, she set the menu

aside for later.

Once more she checked in on Gibbs and decided that this would be a good opportunity for her to take a shower. The shower felt so good on her sore

muscles. Her lab wasn’t exactly the most comfortable place to spend a day. Hints of eucalyptus still remained and the combination of that and the steam

made her nose run slightly. She sniffed and rubbed at her nose with the back of her hand. Sniffing resulted in coughing and it wasn’t long before she realized

that blowing would be much more productive. Cupping both hands over her nose she emptied each nostril of clear watery mucus. After that she cleaned off

her hands and finished her shower. Once out she grabbed a towel and dried off and settled in to her cozy jammies.

And back to Gibbs duty. Moaning was coming from the bedroom and she found Gibbs rolling back and forth on the bed.

“Calm down, it’s okay.” Abby took her hand and ran her fingers through Gibbs silvery locks. His movements slowed and he opened his bleary eyes.

“Whad’s going od… where ab I… Abby?” ‘Poor thing, his fever had come back and his confusion overrode the need to empty his obviously overflowing nose.

“It’s okay, you’re home. You’re sick. You were just dreaming.”

As his brain computed what she was saying his nose decided it had had enough. Doubling him over he barely had time to aim towards his arm.

“H’NGXT hEH’GSHEW” His arm now covered in splotches of goo, Abby grabbed a tissue and wiped off his arm. Then she handed him a few more for him to

blow his nose into.

“Bless you.”

“ugh.” He rolled over burying his face in his pillow.

Abby returned to stroking Gibbs and whispered that it would be okay.

It wasn’t long before Gibbs was sleeping again. Still wary of leaving him, Abby stepped out of the room and phoned McGee.

“Hey Abs, What’s up?”

“Hey, I was wondering if later maybe you could drop off some supplies for me at Gibb’s place.”

“Sure, he been trying to escape again?” Normally this was the most challenging part of taking care of Gibbs… getting him to stay put.

“Honestly, I wish.” McGee could hear the concern in her voice.

“Is everything okay?”

“He’s pretty bad.”

“Should I send Ducky?”

“No, he told me what to do, and if his fever doesn’t go down in a day or two he’ll need to go to the ER.”

“Ugh. I’ll get some stuff together and have Tony drop it off on his way home.” Abby was about to cut him off, “And yes, I know, Tony is band from the house,

I’ll tell him to just ring the door bell.”

“Thanks.”

“Are you going to be okay there for the week or would you like me to take a shift sometime after work?”

“I should be fine, I got some stuff from my house for me, but you know Gibbs, no food or meds to be found.”

“Ughhhh, Tony’s calling, gotta run.”

“I should probably go check on Gibbs again…. And Timmie… thanks.”

“No problem Abs, call if you need anything else.”

“Will do. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Click

Abby returned to the bedroom to find that Gibbs had kicked off the covers and was shivering. Slowly covering him she let her hand gently trail along his

forehead. Still burning up. Maybe she should have called Ducky. Feeling rather tired herself she laid down on the bed next to him and closed her eyes.

Buzzzzzz

Abby rubbed at her eyes and sat up. Ugh… she felt exhausted. Slowly she got up and went to the door. Upon opening it Abby found a brown grocery bag with

a note. “Hope this helps. ~The team.” Ah, what would she do without them. As she brought the bag inside Abby heard coughing coming from the bedroom.

There, Gibbs was sitting at the edge of the bed coughing into his arm.

She waited patiently for him to finish.

“Who was it?”

“Tony.”

“Is something wrong?” Gibbs immediately tried to jump to his feet and found himself falling in a daze onto the floor. Had it not been for the painful protests of

his muscles he likely would have passed out. Abby set the bag down and within a second was by his side.

“It’s okay, he was just dropping some stuff by. Come on, lets get you back into bed.”

Gibbs groaned as he let Abby guide him back onto the bed. His head was pounding and everything hurt.

“Let me get you some water and then we can go through what they brought.”

Gibbs, thankful to be back in bed, nodded and rubbed at his head. Abby took the empty glass by the bed and went and refilled it, returning just in time to see

Gibbs sneezing into the air.

“ huRESCHH RESHOoooo.”

“Bless you.”

“Ugh, thags.” Gibbs wiped at his nose with the side of his hand while Abby set the water on the table next to him and sat down beside him with the paper bag.

“Okay, lets see what we got.”

Abby reached into the bag and pulled out a large stack of handkerchiefs with a note attached. “To replace all the ones that you’ve loaned me over the years.

P.S. You can also keep the one you took from my desk. :D ~McGee” For someone who was allergic to cats you would think he’d carry a hanky more. Gibbs

had lent him his at many a crime scenes. Abby took the one from the top of the stack and handed it to Gibbs before laying the rest on the bedside table.

Gratefully, Gibbs took the hanky and gently blew into it, releasing some of the pressure from inside his head.

Continuing on, Abby reached in and pulled out the movie Casablanca. “Gotta love the classics. Tony.” Gibbs rolled his eyes and coughed into the

handkerchief.

Setting aside the movie Abby reached in to find a Tupperware full of some red liquid. “I was going to drop this off later but since Tony was already stopping

by I gave it to him. It’s a Musad recipe. A bit spicy, but it will really clear your head. ~Ziva

“Are you hungry?”

“No.”

“You haven’t eaten for a day, but maybe we’ll start out with some tea later and see how that goes.” Gibbs cleared his throat and decided tea would probably

be nice.

“I’ll get some ready after we get through the rest of this stuff. Let’s see what’s left.”

This time Abby pulled out a bottle of Bourbon. Attached the note said, “Only for when you’re feeling better. Love, Jenny.” Gibbs eyes slightly lit up at the site

of the bottle and as his arm reached up for it Abby moved it to the ground.

“In a few days.” Gibbs frowned in response.

“Oh look, another thing you’ll enjoy,” Abby giggled and pulled out a thermometer. “I figured you might need this Abby. Knowing Gibbs, he probably smashed

or ‘lost’ the last one I gave him. ~Ducky.” Gibbs eyes rolled upward as he glared into space. Ducky knew him to well.

Reaching in once again, Abby pulled out a rather large note. “Hope you feel better boss. Abby, I packed some other essentials (orange juice, chicken noodle

soup, Tylenol, tea) if you need anything else let me know. ~McGee”

When Abby looked back to Gibbs he was rubbing at his head. Taking out the bottle of Tylenol she opened it and handed it to Gibbs with the water by the bed.

“Here, take this. Should help your head and the fever.” Gibbs took the pills and swallowed them with a wince.

“Why don’t you lay back and I’ll go fix us some tea and put the movie in. Then if you’re feeling up to it maybe we’ll try a bit of Ziva’s concoction.

Gibbs nodded and waited for Abby to leave. Once the door was shut he took the opportunity to empty his nose with several gurgly blows. Thick mucous filled

the hanky and he put it beside the bed replacing it with a fresh one from the stack Abby had set there. Now that his head wasn’t so full he allowed himself to

lean back into his pillow.

I'm so glad people are still reading this. I hope to continue this in a few days. Unfortunately hubby and I have come down with the flu so I really don't feel up to writing yet. Now back to bed.

• 1 year later...

As it's been a year and a half, I hope you and the hubby are feeling better! :lol: This story is sooo great! I know it's older, but I had to bump it because it is so brilliantly fabricated! Thanks for sharing, I hope one day you might get the chance to continue it :laugh:

Archived