Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze documentary

Guest poppyd

Guest poppyd

Hi there,

I’m a British filmmaker making a short documentary about ‘mucophilia’. I’d love to find out about your experiences – be it as a sneeze fetishist or someone who shares a life with one! Whether you’re totally obsessed or just a casual/occasional sneezer, I’m really interested in hearing from you. Ideally you’d be based in Britain, but if you’re in NYC or Europe it could work too…

Perhaps you sneeze in response to light, or a full stomach? Maybe you’re interested in the history of sneezing – or maybe you’re just happy to tell me about your day-to-day enjoyment of sneezing.

Thanks so much

Poppy

Mod note: Edited, see below - ShiningLight

im gonna tell you right off the bat, you're not gonna catch many flies if you call it mucophilia...the clinical latin term is sternuphilia, if one is agreed upon at all. mucophilia was, as far as i can tell an invention of the G4 networks, who also seemed to gloss over the fact that there is a definite bifurcation in the community regarding who is fixated on the act of sneezing and the...uh...product (or even the vocal sect who fixate on the receptacle of said product).

thank you, come again.

Guest poppyd

Ah, ok, apologies - will definitely not call it Mucophilia anymore- my mistake - as you can see I need educating!

Please just contact me through the site if anyone is happy to chat (sorry, I couldn't find any rules about what not to post).

That's no problem poppyd, just be more careful :P

Also, I deleted your pretty much identical thread elsewhere on the forum- please don't double post.

A more serious problem for this project is that there is no such thing as a sneeze fetish; wikipedia has deleted its article because there is no evidence that it exists; and even their article on mucophilia, whatever that is. Indeed, there cannot be a sneeze fetish, because a fetish is an attraction to an inanimate object [as shoes, leather]. And an interest in sneezing is not a paraphilia [and so not listed as such] because it does not involve humiliation or paedophilia or other abnormal activities.

Funny really, I suppose sexual intercourse should really be called "Spermatophilia". My own preferred coinage would be ptarmophilia or ptarnophilia; in fact ptaerophilia ,except that in American it would be confused with pterophilia, an interest in wings.

I would suggest that the OP read some of the threads here about how to induce sneezing, experiment and report back...

mucophilia

paraphilia

paedophilia

"Spermatophilia"

ptarmophilia

ptarnophilia

ptaerophilia

pterophilia

I love Roman and Greek and all that ...but can amyone learn to SpEAKa TeH ENgLisH around here?!!

btw, pardon my rudeness, but just how many documentaries have you made in your career, Mr. Poppy D.?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest poppyd

I'm sorry if I've offended by using the wrong terms, and it's useful to know that many don't consider it a fetish - but some people I've spoken to do describe it as one (even if it technically can't be).

I'm not claiming to be an expert - and I am doing my research, looking through the forums. It's all useful feedback, but what I'd really like is for people to contact me who are happy to talk to me about their interest in sneezing - whatever that interest may entail. I think it's a fascinating part of the diversity of life that everyone has their own loves and hates, that we are all different, and should be proud to remain so.

Demosthenes, don't worry i don't think you're rude, but if you're interested in my pedigree as a filmmaker, I've worked on a number of projects for Channel 4 and the BBC, and have just returned from making a documentary in America for C4. I'm just stepping into the directing role, having assisted and produced up until now. I'm not claiming to be Nick Broomfield, I'm just an honest filmmaker looking for some people to share their stories (whether or not they end up wanting to be filmed). I'm trying to treat you guys with respect, so it would be nice to be taken fairly seriously and not ridiculed. thanks

The staff feel that it would be inappropriate for any of our underage members to participate in this sort of interview. Therefore, we ask that only adult members reply to this topic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest poppyd

Hi again,

Thanks to the people who have contacted me, it's been really enlightening. I am still looking for one or two people to interview, and I thought I'd just add a note to say that if you didn't want to be identified that's absolutely fine - we can work around it. But I think realistically you do need to be either in the UK, or in (or around) New York. Please do message me if you're interested in finding out more.

Many thanks

poppyd

Forgive me, but I contact people on this forum so rarely...can someone please tell me how I can contact poppyd? Since she's still validating (so PMs won't work), and I know the rules about posting private info publicly. Thanks. :-)

~Me

Try the email link in profile.

Er...it says I'm "not permitted to send an e-mail via this board." :-/

You know, the one thing I would identify in an item about our interst would be to establish that we are not a band of males seeking to gang rape any boys who sneeze, as we have been represented before; of course, in reality we are all girls and only come here to talk to our friends about girly things like making chicken soup.

Actually, there is another thing; the obsession with being alone in the world and keeping everything secret; leading to the conviction that there are only 1250 of us. In fact, though it is scarcely conventional, it would be very funny to have a sketch on the lines of "I'm the only gay in the village"; though everyone around him is tickling their noses and having lots of messy fun, the Gareth figure maintains loudly to his sneezy barmaid that "I'm the only person who likes sneezing in the world". It just writes itself....

Guest poppyd

Hmm, yes it's proving a bit difficult to get in touch with people, because unless you've posted a certain number of times you can't PM. i actually don't really know how to get around this, as I can't post my personal details up there! i would happily just give you my email address if I could. So, i guess i'll just need to keep posting until it works. unless a moderator can help us out with this?

count de tisza, amusing proposition! No, the truth is i'm definitely not looking to mis-represent anyone. I plan just to make a non-judgmental film which touches on the fact that something so 'normal', everyday and unexceptional for some, is a genuine source of pleasure for others. I think what's interesting, is that although many people don't know about it, I don't think they'll find it too difficult to grasp when they do hear about it. I don't want to make a film that is sinister or weird in tone, I want it to be fairly light-hearted - essentially just a way of looking at how people are different. because at the end of the day, what's the real difference between this and any other quality or quirk people are attracted to? well, i'm still learning the answer to that - and everyone will have their own opinion ! I guess what I'm saying is the film will end up being about what the people who take part want to say, and it's only a short film anyway - so we won't be going too deep into anything!!

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

unless a moderator can help us out with this?

Sorry Poppy, I'm afraid the same rules apply for everyone in this instance. Your intentions do seem quite well-founded, and I understand that it's probably frustrating having to wait to be validated before you can easily get in touch with anyone, but please bear with the process, it's worked well since having been implemented and it's only fair that any newer members go though it in its entirety.

In any case, having participated here enough to warrant validation should only help you gain insight into the fetish, and make you that much more credible to those who might want to volunteer to take part in the film :).

Archived