Sneeze Fetish Forum

Yes, this board CAN still have a decent chatroom

Professor_s

Had a max of 9 people today, most awesome! I honestly didn't think people would still show up, so that's way kewl that it can still attract people.

One thing I don't understand...why does it not show all the people in the chatroom on the main forum page. Is it because of the user's status?

Regardless, we'll prolly be trying it again next sunday...might even get someone to bust out a mic.

That's very encouraging news. I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss the chats we had in the past.

I'll see what we can do about showing who's in chat. That would help if people knew that there were already others chatting.

That's very encouraging news. I'm sure I'm not the only one to miss the chats we had in the past.

I'll see what we can do about showing who's in chat. That would help if people knew that there were already others chatting.

indeed. I think the "being vetted" users dont' show up.

but they do read the rules apparently..we hit 9 people at 2pm PST (22:00 GMT) lol.

"being vetted" folks shouldn't have access to the chatroom. It only updates every so often, so sometimes it shows people who aren't there anymore, and sometimes people who are in there haven't shown up on the list yet :P I think it's 5 minutes.

"being vetted" folks shouldn't have access to the chatroom. It only updates every so often, so sometimes it shows people who aren't there anymore, and sometimes people who are in there haven't shown up on the list yet :P I think it's 5 minutes.

hmm

then it's something else because there are people in the chatroom yesterday that didn't show up if someone was looking at the main forum page. I know they were real because I was talking to them

Just check "last click" that shows pretty much everything. That's how I knew so many of my pals were in the chatroom. :P

And for the time-illiterate among us who can't tell time across a time zone very well? :P

What time would that be in EST? I've never seen anyone in the chatroom on Sundays.

Really? there were more? I didn't even log on until 10pm LOL

I am a fairly new member and often go in the chatroom, say 4 or 5 times a week. Usually in the evening in England, which would be afternoon in America/Canada. Have met various people but several for the first time yesterday.

And I am fairly sure that I am not listed as chatting on the main page or the who is online page

Joal

That is strange actually Joal, because granted we often talk but I couldn't access until I had made about 45 posts on here.

Joal shouldn't be able to access the chat room - only Newbies or Posters are supposed to have access to it. The staff are checking into the glitch now.

Joal shouldn't be able to access the chat room - only Newbies or Posters are supposed to have access to it. The staff are checking into the glitch now.

lol..I knew I wasn't going mad!

Well, not any more than I already am ;)

You mean you're going to stop me going in and meeting new friends? :P

That doesn't seem like a nice way to welcome me to the forum :blink:

Joal

It may seem a bit harsh, Joal, and the staff does apologise for the incovenience, but all we're really doing is trying to keep everything as fair as we can. Most members had to go through the entire validating process and actively show that they could be positive members of the forum before earning chatroom privileges, whereas you were only able to access it die to a software glitch. We're not saying that you can never use the chatroom again, just that it seems only fair that you earn the ability to due so just as everyone else did :P.

Joal no! We were really good friends :mellow:

You mean you're going to stop me going in and meeting new friends? :(

That doesn't seem like a nice way to welcome me to the forum :(

Joal

It may seem a bit harsh, Joal, and the staff does apologise for the incovenience, but all we're really doing is trying to keep everything as fair as we can. Most members had to go through the entire validating process and actively show that they could be positive members of the forum before earning chatroom privileges, whereas you were only able to access it die to a software glitch. We're not saying that you can never use the chatroom again, just that it seems only fair that you earn the ability to due so just as everyone else did :(.

I understand what you are saying The Mute Poet but I like to think I have done my little bit to help make the chatroom a bit more popular again. Ask The Professor or Lucian or GarlandofRoses and many others.

I'm just sad that I've spent all my life thinking I am alone with this fetish and having finally dicovered others to chat to about it you might not let me (at least for the time being).

I would respectfully ask you to reconsider........

Thank you

We're not about to bend rules for you that we wouldn't change for anyone else. There are reasons for those rules, and whether you approve of them or not, they will continue to stand. No other new members have ever gotten the chance to use it, and you're no more special than any of them. I'm sorry, but your use of the chat room is at an end until your validation.

And just because you can't access the chat room, doesn't mean you can't keep meeting new people Joal. Why don't you post around the forum a bit? It will just take a little longer for responses to come in but it's a sure fire way for you to demonstrate your character to the mods here and get yourself validated faster. Have you made a post in the comings and goings thread introducing yourself yet? If not I'd highly suggest you do. Put yourself out there, say hi to everyone and see who says hi back. Have fun with the privileges you currently, rightfully have. The mods are in charge of keeping the forum friendly and clean for everyone and making sure that no one is hurt mentally, put in a dangerous situation or spammed to death and remember, they don't want to make you unhappy, they're not getting paid for the work they do. They're doing it because they like the forum and they want to keep it running and welcoming. So maybe you can't see why something is so and think it might benefit from being done differently, talk to the mods and politely put your dilemma to them and they'll either take it under consideration, or tell you why it's not done that way. Remember, keeping this maintained is harder than it looks.

So overall, stop stressing over what you can't do and have fun with what you can and before you know it you'll be back in the chat room. A watched pot never boils.

I agree with PetalsAndThorns, Joal. The more posters, the merrier! I made some of my best friends (on the forum, or in the world :lol:) by simply posting in one of their threads. Soon we were PMing, and now, well :lol:

I myself go in the chatroom more frequently now as well. :proud:

Dear all

I take on board all the comments made above and totally understand the need for certain rules and the protection of the existing membership. I will respect and abide by any decisions that are made regarding my membership amd my aim is to prove myself a worthy addition to the forum, whether that takes weeks, months or indeed years.

By the same token, I hope that everybody understands that I didn't knowingly do anything wrong. I followed the registration process, found that I was able to enter the chat room and so I did enter the chat room. I was unaware that this was not supposed to be the case.

I hope this can be put behind us now and that we can all continue to share our wonderful fetish.

I am now off to post my first obs.....

And we're sure you will become an even more valued member than you are now Joal. Not that I usually enter the chat room but maybe I'll see you around in there when you're validated. Just make sure you're always up to date with the rules though. :lol:

That's the spirit, Joal :D. You'll likely meet even more great people through more extensive exploring of the board too. Well done.

Archived