Sneeze Fetish Forum

Jake/Bella [Twilight] Fic - (2 Parts)

swann_ee_song

Title: That Edward Guy

Fandom/Orginal: Twilight

Disclaimer: Spoilers for Top Gun, Fic takes place in 2nd book of Twilight.

Summmary: Bella with a cold visiting Jake. Plain, really.

“Bye Charlie, promise I’ll have her home for dinner.”

“Bye Dad!”

“See ya Bells!”

The passenger door slammed. Grinning to myself I slipped into the driver’s seat careful not to hit my head. Today was going to be an excellent day. I always looked forward to spending time with Bella, and lately she seemed to be picking up in spirits a bit ever since…. Well, since the crash. Otherwise known as that Edward guy. My blood boiled whenever I thought about him and what he had done to her. If I ever saw him again—

Today was going to be an excellent day and I would not let myself think about him when I had Bella to keep me occupied.

I was concentrating on the road, when it happened.

hhhtchoo!

“Bless you Bells.”

Glancing quickly over at Bella as we were stopped at a red light, I noticed that she did look a little paler than usual, which, for a usually ghostly skin tone made her close to sheet-white. Even in that little glance, I caught her knuckling her nose and giving short congested sniffs.

“Gee Bells, how could you catch a cold in all the beautiful weather we’ve been having lately?”

It was an overcast warm day in late March where you only needed to wear one sweater and one jacket. This was actually the first day it hadn’t rained all week, being a Thursday afternoon.

She chuckled in reply, that came out as more of a snort.

“You know Forks has always been famous for its weather, but I’m not sick,” she argued flatly. I rolled my eyes but said nothing. I knew that was going to be the end of it and if she wanted to deny it then I would have a hard time getting her to admit she wasn’t feeling well.

She lapsed back into silence for the rest of the drive looking out the passenger window the whole time, probably thinking that I wouldn’t be able to catch her sniffling and rubbing at her nose if she was turned away from me. I turned off the engine and we got out of the car still maintaining our silence. Since this sullenness had been a part of her behavior for as many months, I couldn’t say if this was a part of her normal routine or because of her cold. But I noticed her hovering close to the shelter of the car wrapping her arms tight around herself as she shivered mildly.

“Hey, what do you say to coming inside today and watching some movies my Dad rented and hasn’t taken back to the store yet?”

I hoped that she would agree to go inside where it was warmer rather than sit outside in my cold, cramped garage watching me work on her motorcycles as we normally did.

She shrugged, “Yeah okay.”

We smiled at each other as I took her jacket to hang in the closet.

“Hey Jake, Oh hey Bella, nice to see you.”

“It’s ndice to see you too Mbister Black. Um, I’ll just be right back Jake!”

The congestion in her voice left little doubt as to why she wanted to use the bathroom.

“We were just going to hang out on the couch and watch some movies, Dad.”

“Sure. I’ll just be going over some papers in the kitchen. Going to visit with Quil’s mother a little later.”

“Okay.”

Spotting a likely title, a classic 90’s film that Bella would probably appreciate: Top Gun one of my Dad’s sappier favorites, I popped it into our old VCR to wait for Bella’s return.

I saw her stride back into the living room and throw herself with an exhausted sigh onto the couch. She was looking a lot more off-color with faded pink spots in her cheeks and a red tinge around her nostrils, which were twitching.

I saw her duck to cover her face in the crook of her elbow.

uhhh…ihITshew!! Sniffsniff.

“Bless you—”

Haa-atCHOO!!

“Bless you Bella,” my Dad’s voice rumbled from the kitchen.

“Thadks,” the corners of her mouth turned up as she gave me a half-guilty look.

The congestion had obviously come back, but she wasn’t making a move to do anything about it. Mentally shrugging, I hit the play button and relaxed back onto the cushions hoping that when Bella sat back she would somehow settle herself just a little bit closer to me.

“Oh Top Gun! I love this movie, good choice Jacob!”

I was glad she approved of my choice. Rather than watch Maverick and Goose perform their flying tricks, my head was full of scenes of comforting Bella. Putting my arm around her, pulling her close, planting a kiss on her forehead or maybe…

Sniff SNIFF…Sniffsniff.

Her sniffles shook me out of my daydream. Bella had propped herself with her feet curled under her at the opposite edge of the couch while her body leaned over the back cushion hugging onto it, her head leaned towards me with her eyes slowly drooping. One long pale finger shot out beneath her nose to stifle a sneeze and then another.

Hxxngt!! Hxxxnnnngt!!

She looked pathetic and I felt the familiar tug at my heart, that combination of pity and wanting. I wasn’t just going to sit here and watch a movie while she suffered. It was time to do something.

Getting up, I yawned and stretched padding over to the bathroom to retrieve my desired object. Sitting back down I took two tissues from the box I had gotten and raising them to my nose gave a decent blow. I was surprised at how much had been in there without my noticing. I felt Bella’s eyes on me, but since she didn’t say anything I didn’t feel it was necessary to make any excuses. Blowing your nose is a perfectly normal habit. Instead, I casually offered her the box as well. Which, of course, had been the main idea behind grabbing it and finding an excuse to use it. This way she wouldn’t need to break the ‘I’m not sick’ charade she was playing.

Success! I saw her meekly reach for the tissues and grab a few to empty her nose into and then a few more, as the one blow wasn’t enough. It took her three more reaches into the now nearly empty tissue box before the sound of her blowing was a milder fssst.

Well past the event of Goose’s death and our introduction to Iceman, Bella began to cough quietly into her wrist. Suddenly her coughs became louder and harsher and out of control. I went into the kitchen to fetch a glass of water and noticed that Dad had gone. It was no matter, I could handle a sick Bella by myself.

As she was still gasping for breath, I handed the glass of water over carefully into Bella’s shaky grasp. She now looked very chilled and was not bothering to hold back her shivers anymore. Grabbing up the blanket from the back of the couch I wrapped it around her shoulders running my hands up and down her arms.

“Maybe I should take you home,” I offered. After a display like that there would be no need to deny she was sick.

“No, I like spendig tibe with you Jake,” she rasped. Her big eyes looked up at me threatening to tear.

“All right, you can stay if you rest. Just lie down.” I sat down and motioned for her to put her head in my lap. She was unresisting for once, a sure sign that she was not feeling well at all.

There was a strange yet blissful whirring sensation in my chest as I sat there, one arm over her limp form.

“You’re so warm!” she praised before sinking into a half-sleep only waking up once in a while to cough or sneeze. It didn’t bother me. Nothing could faze me, not when I had Bella so near. There was a fierce and possessive edge to my thoughts that I had never had before. I would keep her as close as I could for as long as I could and never fail to protect her.

The movie ended and I just sat there listening to her slow congested breathing thinking how stupid that Edward guy was to have left her.

If you want me to continue, it's possible. Just let me know!

Hope you enjoyed it.

the familiar tug at my heart, that combination of pity and wanting. [...]

She was unresisting for once, a sure sign that she was not feeling well at all.

this is exactly my kind of guilty pleasure.

if you'd like to keep going, i'd like to read it.

• 11 months later...

I can't believe it's actually been a year since I originally posted this! How un-awesome. I'm so sorry to have kept you hanging on this long! So... thought I'd whip up one more chapter for Team Jacob's sake. :(

Just want to apologise if the stylisation is different from one chapter to the next. A year away (and in different fandoms) can really mess with your writing style.

After the long drive, I was feeling worn out. There had been no choice, really. I wasn't about to let Bella drive herself back, not while she was feeling so lousy. It just sucked that that meant I had to do the drive twice and the second time without her.

Sighing, I took out a mug and with the other hand deftly placed the steaming kettle off the burner shutting it off with a quick flick of the wrist.

"I remember when I could move like that," Dad said softly from the doorway.

"Yeah? Well you haven't lost all your moves yet even for an old man!"

Dad wheeled his way into the small but homey kitchen, playfully jamming a wheel into my thigh.

He growled "Watch it boy" and wheeled up to the stove, running over one of my feet in the process.

"Ow!"

I knew it was an accident but spending the day with Bella had made me feel so angry, and sad too. If only that good-for-nothing boyfriend of hers hadn't left. And it was up to me to repair all that damage?

"Sorry Jake."

I shrugged and slumped down in my chair again, fighting against the tide of emotions, holding onto the warm mug as my anchor. Taking a sip of tea I felt myself calming down, my muscles relaxing, my heart beat getting back on track.

A few more swallows and I felt my head droop and my eyes flickering closed.

"Uh, night Dad."

"Night son."

I decided it would be better to force myself upstairs now rather than get a face full of boiling steeped water. Glancing at the clock on my dresser it was only 9:37PM. Definitely early for my standards. I didn't care. With a huge yawn I toed off my shoes and landed in the bed.

*...*...*

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and groaned. It was what, 11:02AM already? You had to be joking. How could I have slept that much and still feel this lousy? Looking in the bathroom mirror I could see dark shadows under my eyes. Absently my hand went to massage my neck. Pulling my long hair back, I leaned in to take a drink from the faucet. Swallowing felt like there were shards of glass tickling at the inside of my throat.

"Great, just great," I muttered sullenly at my reflection. I was getting sick. Well, the one method I knew to combat illness was basically to pretend you didn't have one until you fell over. Not that this was an approved course of action for someone like Bella. I might have felt slightly like a hypocrite, but no. She was too much the damsel-in-distress type; no, more like the klutz-in-danger type.

Well at least he didn't have to worry about her today anyway. She should be at home sick in bed. That would leave me in peace to work on the bikes by myself. All I needed was some space away from Dad so as not to tip him off, and I could just ride out this cold for the next few days.

*...*...*

By 3:16PM, according to my watch, I was dusty, greasy, and totally focused on the task of reshaping the wheel wells of both bikes. Okay, so it wasn't all fun and grime. After the first hour I had to go back to my room to find a second bandanna just to use on my runny nose. But other than that and a little fatigue, it was all good.

"Hey Jake, whatcha doig?"

"Bella!"

Startled, I nearly hammered myself in the head as the hand about to strike flailed dangerously.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?"

She leaned up against a car and coughed harshly into a fist. "I'b fide."

"Sure."

The fire was beginning to burn again in the pit of my stomach. I watched her out of the corner of my eye for a few seconds and felt my nose begin to run. Great timing. Grabbing for the cleaner blue bandanna I turned back to my work with a quick swipe and a sniff, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Cold out today."

"Yeah."

"Mind if I... watch?"

"Whatever."

A few minutes of silence went by, except for Bella sniffling and coughing. My own sore throat ached worse around my clenched teeth.

"Look what is your problem Jake?"

"Me? My problem!?"

Putting down the bike and the hammer I walked right up to Bella. Drawing myself up to my full height I towered over her, eyes widening in her pale face.

"You, Bella. You're my problem."

Her eyes were starting to look watery now.

"And you wanna know why?"

Her bottom lip was quaking.

"Because you don't take care of yourself. You just leave yourself and-and your heart open to..to--"

My voice gave out and the next thing I knew I was bent over double, sputtering, choking. I sucked in air in great unsteady gasps and felt small hands patting my back. But I wasn't through yet. The coughing fit had set off a tickle in my nose.

Hiinnggxxxt'sh! Hiinnggxxxt'SH! ihh..NNGXXXT'shoo!!

There hadn't been a lot of warning before the fit but I had somehow managed to snatch up my bandanna and wrap it around my nose, still bent double by the force of the sneezes. I blew my nose wetly into the cloth and straightened up, groaning.

There was a small smile on Bella's face.

"You were sayig sobethig about be dot takig care of byself?"

I shrugged and hoped the heat I felt in my face wasn't a blush. I had definitely made an ass of myself.

Bella hooked her arm in mine and led me back into the house.

"Let's you ad I just call a truce od this ode, kay?"

"Sounds fine to be."

Inside I noticed a few extra boxes of kleenex waiting by the couch, and on further inspection there was a pot of hot chocolate cooling on the stove.

I supposed Bella had the right idea after all. There were people in our lives who we should rely on to take care of us. As she curled up tighter into the blanket we shared, I gently tugged it back over my own knees, thinking: You just had to be careful about whom you relied on.

Huh-Achiish!

Hii...nnggxxt'shoo!

"Bless you Bella."

"Bless you Jacob."

The End

Archived