Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ever get self-concious.....

Rhomberg Rabbit

Has this ever happened to you? I'm listening to wavs with the window open. Suddenly I realize there are several people right outside my window. Suddenly I'm like this :consoling: They didn't seem to be paying any attention to me, but I'm like "they must think I have really bad allergies or something." Finally I got up and closed the window.

Am I goofy? :(

Yeah, actually I have to play them kinda low even if nobody is home because I can't enjoy myself I'm so worried that someone somehow may hear. :(

I always have my window closed when I'm listening to sneeze wavs. And when I want to listen to them really loudly, I use headphones to not make my neighbours aware of it.

Gladly nobody can hear what I'm typing on my keyboard ... :blushing:

Headphones are the way to go! Even alone in my apartment because I have neighbors seperated by a thin wall. I get paranoid that I might accidentally pull out the headphones in full volume and will get outed.

I totally get like that and I'm amused that others feel the same way. :blushing:

I just close the window, and keep the volume low. Headphones are such a pain in the butt.

And, yes, Mayor, that has happened to me. It was borderline terrifying.

I use headphones at home and at school. At school right now I'm in an apartment with four guys and a girl and no lock on my door. While my friends aren't prone to exploding into my room without announcing themselves, I still get paranoid that one of them will just come in while I'm listening.

It also sucks in the summer when I'm at home, listening to them on headphones, because it's difficult to hear other things, like my mom calling me for something.

Also with my computer right now, I'm having issues with the headphones. I plug them in but I've noticed you can still hear the sound coming out of the speaker, almost like it's leaking. It's not as loud as it is in the headphones but still, I hate having to take out my earbuds whenever I adjust the volume to check and see if the sound that's leaking is noticeably loud.

Um...only always. I take similar headphone precautions, although I find that listening via headphones is never quite as satisfying. Plus, then I feel like I am less able to hear things like footsteps and knocking on my door, and therefore more likely to get burst in on. Which would be the worst. thing. ever.

Embarassing almosts:

One time a WAV that got imported into iTunes to open ended up on my iPod and started playing on shuffle over my car stereo. Whoops! Good thing I was able to recognize it from the sniffling at the beginning and hastily switch to CD...

There have also been a few times when I've forgotten to delete my last search term from the little google search bar they've added to the tool bar in most browsers now. Whoops! I've actually started ONLY doing searches from the google homepage to avoid this mistake.

I only use headphones when my kids are at home. The rest of the time, I play them as I would music (although somewhat quieter) :) Fortunately, kids usually aren't home on weekends :)

Yeah I get that sort of paranoia whenever there's another person in the house (even though I now always listen to wavs with headphones by habit by now, even alone). I generally have to make sure to play wavs on a low volume even when using headphones because I'm scared that if it's too loud that whoever's around might still hear them.

When I was younger though, our only computer was in the absolute middle of the house, in the dining room, had speakers with no headphone jacks, and I was too technologically incapable back then to find the headphone port at the back of the computer. You haven't seen paranoia until you've tried sneaking upstairs at 1am, turning the monitor to reduce glare, and listening to wavs on the ABSOLUTE lowest volume of the speakers with your ear right against it - while still keeping an eye to make sure nobody snuck up from behind... I'm so lucky I still have the amount of sanity left that I do. :lmfao:

One big busted moment I did have though was when I used to let my family use a non-passworded desktop on my laptop. My brother had just opened the Windows Media Player, and set it to "scan my entire computer for audio tracks"... yeah... so my entire wav collection was imported into his Media Player and scattered amongst 500-odd songs... To this day I still have no idea how long they were sitting in there until I discovered them (or whether he actually noticed any of them or not :)).

I get so self-conscious that even when I use head-phones, I play them low because I'm terrified that someone will be able to hear it through the headphones

To the original question, totally. I'm actually trying to get myself to care less about it. I mean, I've had my own flat for like 5 years now (my own meaning no mum or siblings, I live with my girlfriend), and even when I'm alone and there's heavy traffic outside, I turn down the volume. But I hate headphones, because, as it has been said, I sometimes feel like I'm going to get sneaked up on.

And just like TMP, my brother found some of my .wav stuff once.

He was like "What the .... is this?"

To what I brilliantly replied "Uh... it was in an old floppy disk some guy at my school gave me years ago. Uh... what a freak, hehe... :laugh: "

So he went: "I actually found it in the downloads folder"

Me: - blank -

Bro: "What's with it? I mean, if they were like huge funny sneezes..."

Me: "Uh, yeah, whatever, look at the time" or something. Thankfully, he never mentioned it again.

f.-

To prevent experiences like nosferatu had, I've decided to do the following: All fetish-related files are stored in one certain folder (and various subfolders). Every time someone stays at my flat who could use my computer (I allow my visitors to use it, everything else would be silly I think) I copy this folder onto an external harddisk, delete it from my built-in harddisk and put the external one in some store. The bookmark list also gets cleaned up a bit, cache and browse history anyway. When the visitor has gone, I restore the files and bookmarks.

This may read quite effortful, but I don't have visitors too often. And there's something useful about it: At these occasions I get a backup of all the files. :laugh:

That's a brilliant plan for an organized person, but I'm not NEARLY diligent enough to do something like that (actually, my HD's been needing some cleaning up for a while now...)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I totally get self conscious! I could never listen to wavs without my headphones, seeing as I live in a house with five people.

I never download anything onto my comp (except a few videos my friend sent me, which I keep in a folder called 'work' :wacko: ), I only watch things on YouTube and I never favourite anything. I also clear my history every so often.

PEOPLE FINDING OUT WOULD BE HORRIBLE. :laugh:

So, occasionally I'll put my entire library of music on shuffle, without headphones, and then one of the wavs that I have will come up. Now, my apartment has PAPER THIN WALLS, so when this happens, it's usually followed by much fumbling to shut it off and then sitting very still to hear if my neighbors say anything. :blink:

I don't really get self-conscious, in that I'm really open about this, and most of the people around me know about it. But I don't necessarily like to draw attention to what 'm doing, so, I'll use headphones if anyone is around. But then again, I'm extremely picky about .wavs and rarely listen to them.

I almost always use my phone to listen to wavs... that way I can put it under my pillow to muffle the noise so no one else in the house can hear it. :P

Archived