Sneeze Fetish Forum

Has Video Killed the Radio Star?

The Dude

I can't help but notice that ever since the advent of youtube, and its rise in popularity, interest in the .wav page seems to have declined a bit. I'd imagine it's because many people are attracted to the visual aspect of it, and the ability to upload their own videos directly. Then again, as this fetish is mostly audio-oriented for me anyway it's all the same.

Is this something you've observed as well?

Although both are good, I prefer videos to wavs as you get to hear AND SEE the sneeze.

So I guess your kind of right.

(btw good topic title - Video Killed The Radio Star was number 1 for The Buggles in the UK in (I think) 1979)

;)

Most sneezing recordings on youtube I saw just have audio, no visuals because the persons - understandably - want to preserve their anonymity. So in these cases it doesn't matter whether it's a yt upload or a wave on Bondi's page for example - it's just audio anyway. So considering the sneezing matter, to me it seems that video hasn't killed the radio star yet as it did concerning other subjects. However, I haven't been into the sneezing thing on the Internet for too long, so I don't know how popular the waves have been some years ago. Perhaps you're right, and their popularity is decreasing indeed. Judging from what I read on this forum, sneeze audios still seem to be quite popular.

And after all, just audio is still better than no recordings at all, isn't it? ;)

Not really... Most the videos shared by fetishists on Youtube are audio-only anyway. But that's mostly out of shyness.

Some of the most exciting sneeze material for me is still wavs. Although while that's true, I can't even imagine how much more arousing some of my favorite wavs could be if they were also videos.

Bondi also has an 18+ policy, youtube doesn't.

Basically my opinion is that youtube is a place where sharks can run wild free of rules. At least on Bondi's Wav Page, the only way to contact a person if he/she hasn't chosen to display their email address is on the forum, which is heavily moderated.

I prefer sneeze pictures, and I guess wavs would be next. Personally I'll only ever post my wavs on Bondi's Wav Page. Youtube is just too public for me.

For me it depends. I don't really get turned on if I SEE people inducing a sneeze, but if it's a regular sneeze then YES i think it's better than audio. I still LOVE audio clips though.

I'm mainly an auditory person, so wavs are still my material of choice :)

Mine too. :chickawow: I take the sound of a sneeze before the sight of one anytime. More often than not, I prefer the former without the latter.

As people have said, most fetishists using Youtube are still uploading audio- so I don't think it's the possibility of video that's attracting them.

However, on Youtube you can upload your audio whenever you like, and you can take it down or close your account whenever you like. It's like having your own little wav page, without too much effort.

Youtube also makes it very easy for people to leave comments and messages on your wavs. Of course, this leads to some unpleasant and sharky comments- but I still think that the majority of comments are positive, and uploaders do enjoy getting them.

Bondi's wav page will always have a special place in my heart, and I still check it frequently for updates. Nevertheless, I think Youtube is fantastic- it has encouraged even more people to share sneezing audio. :(

Personally it depends kind of on my mood for me. Sometimes i prefer wavs over videos and sometimes the other way around. It's a different experience for me probably similar to reading a book or watching a movie. I like both and each has their place with me.

On Youtube people do seem to favor it over the wavepage these days. I'm not really sure why though. Personally i would find uploading wavs on Youtube a little too "public" for my taste, but yeah whatever floats your boat or however you say that :bleh:.

They are so different, in my mind. Lest I be impolite, I won't name names, but some of my favourite stuff at Bondi's (and in the audio world in general) is attractive because of its evocativeness... Right, I'll stop with the big words I'm probably getting all wrong anyway.

In video, if the sneeze is sorta lame you may be able to still enjoy the situation (you know, "wow, she was cooking and the pepper got up her nose"), or, to be blunt, even the looks of the "star".

Audio is, generally, a much more controlled environment and it has also, just like radio, a magic and mystery of its own. Maybe this is because my ABSOLUTE favourites are, shall I say, "situational talkies" (which is probably a language fail, but you get the point), but I think that, when done properly, audio can't (or shouldn't, at least) be beaten (again, just like radio). This "situation" stuff doesn't need to be an essay about the physiological causes of allergies, of course (mmm, nice thought, though :laugh: ), some times just a nice title can put you right there, or a little phrase or even sigh... Audio feels, for me at least, more personal too. I can really picture the person, or A person, and that is a plus.

Then again, this can be, and has been, done nicely through visual media too, but I do think audio has... something extra.

Right. I apologize for the rambling.

And sneezomania, I'm sorry, but my video trumps yours :) . No one has put this better. Did I mention I'm a big fan of radio?

And sneezomania, I'm sorry, but my video trumps yours :laugh: . No one has put this better. Did I mention I'm a big fan of radio?

Indeed, that's great. I love Metropolis, it's one of my favourite movies.

But that isn't the song which inspired the title of this thread. :)

well, a lot of people like to take an audio file, and imagine their own scenario/person making the sound. that way they can fantasize about their ideal features, expressions, etc. with a full video on youtube, youre given all of those things, and even if the sound is ideal, if you don't like the expression, or the quality of the video, or if the sound is wonky, so many things can detract.

personally, i really prefer audio to visual, and would much rather hear a .wav than watch a video.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many people posting on YouTube -- it's a wonderful resource. I also have warm feelings for Bondi's wav page, and it seems that there have been fewer contributions there in the last year or two.

Whether the recording is audio only or with an image, one thing I always enjoy is when the personality of the person comes through. And if it does, it's always a little sad if the person decides to stop posting. It's a bit like losing a friend.

Archived