Sneeze Fetish Forum

Neville (M) (Harry Potter) - (2 Parts)

PaperThings

Curled up in front of the Gryffindor fire, Neville tried to allow himself one moment of peaceful thought. There had been nothing but bloody chaos for the past few weeks, cutting each and every Hogwarts student to the core. He could hardly bare to walk through the place anymore.

Staring into the warm, oblivious fire, he wondered when the last time he smiled was. Probably long ago. Now he was leading the debris of Dumbledore's Army straight into the crux of the action. It felt as if he were hurting them sometimes, even though that was the last thing he wanted to do. But their acts of rebellion came at a price, and it was often the young ones who were slow enough to get caught. At the moment, he was dealing with the guilt of a first year's detention.

The boy had been on the Quidditch field, watching Gryffindor practice. Even though the team had disintegrated into nearly nothing, they had been allowed to keep up practices sheerly because not one administrator could mask a ban with something "fair". They continued to practice - despite the shoddy shape of their team - Ginny's wild spirit pulling them straight through every rough trial. Neville was so proud of her.

But the boy had gotten detention, just for watching them practice. Apparently it was against the rules now, and he had violated the new headmaster's theories of education over entertainment. He been pulled from the field, and taken in to suffer twelve Crucio curses. Once finding out about this, Neville had spent that detention running around the Hogwarts grounds in search of him, never minding the fact that it was pouring buckets outside. Ginny said he took these things too personally, and maybe he did, but he thought of every child's detention as his own fault. If he had been a little quicker at judging how fast the death eaters would get to them, he could have prevented. And now he sat, in the aftermath of the punishment, feeling as if he were stuck to the chair with iron nails.

"Neville..." Ginny came over, her brown eyes weary but sympathetic. She moved directly in front of him, blocking his view of the soothing fire. "Neville, you have to do your work for tomorrow, or they'll get you too." Staring at him for a few more seconds, she realized he wasn't listening. "Neville?"

At last he looked up at her, shivering from the chill of the Hogwarts air. He hadn't even bothered to change out of his wet clothes. Meeting her gaze at last, he thought for a moment he might cry. It had been a hard day, even by his standards. Instead, he was caught by an unfamiliar sensation, his mouth opening involuntarily as his eyes snapped shut. "Heh... hekshoo!" His head snapped forward, and he barely caught it in his shoulder blade. Sniffling, he brought an arm to his face as two more came up on him. "Heh - heh.... hushoo! Ehkshuh!" He wiped his nose carelessly on his sleeve, shaking his head. Of course, he was getting sick on top of everything else.

Looking back at Ginny, he realized she seemed almost sad. Not by their overall situation - there was rarely time to be sad about that - but about something more immediate. Wordlessly, she took his hand. "Come on, let's go over to the couch at least. That way I can sit with you."

Shivering, Neville couldn't help but consent. The warmth of having someone beside him was nearly as good as the fire's glow. He curled up into the sofa's corner at once, rubbing his forefinger against his nose in attempts to quell its tickling.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Ginny's hand rubbing his arm in some attempt at comfort. It worked, almost, until he had to shrug it off. His face lost ordinary expression, his head going instinctively down to his arm. Three, rapid fire sneezes moistened his Gryffindor robes. "Hukshoo! Hehkshoo! Ushoo!" He rubbed his nose again, glowering at the room at large.

"Bless you," Ginny said quietly, after a second had fallen by. "How - how long were you out there, Neville?" She was nothing but gentleness, but he didn't want to answer her.

"Let's not talk about me," he said, sniffing even as he did so. "How's Luna?"

"She's alright," Ginny answered, sounding suspicious. "She did well in Charms, so she was happy about that."

"That's not what - that's not what - heh... eshoo! Eshoo!" He did his best to ignore the sneezes, but his next words sounded far too congested for that. "That's dot what I beant Ginny."

She grabbed his hand, preventing it from rubbing his nose again. "Stop that, you're going to get it all red."

"It's red because of the sneezing," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Stop it Neville," she said, her Mrs. Weasley-esque tone taking over.

"Hehshoo! Ehshuh!" He barely avoided her clasped hand as he sneezed, aiming over at the back of the couch instead. She dropped his hand, frowning with empathy.

"You stay here, okay?" she said softly. "I'm going to see if I can find Madame Pomfrey."

---

It will be continued some point!

I'm normally not into male sneezing, but this is very well-written! :) Especially coming from a newer member. Welcome to the forum, and keep writing! Your contributions will be most welcome here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so, so much everyone! I'm so glad that you all like this! Here is the second part :D.

---

Neville leaned his head against the couch's sturdy back, still sniffing. His ears were now stuffed up, and it gave him the odd sensation of drowning. he tilted his head from side to side, trying to clear them, but it was no use. He really wanted Ginny to come back.

"Neville?" The Creevey brothers stood shoulder to shoulder, looking at him with concern. "You alright?" Colin cocked an eyebrow, taking a delicate step towards the couch.

He nodded, feeling there was no need to worry them. Even so, his red nose probably gave them away.

"What happened?" Dennis asked. He moved so quickly to Neville's side, it looked as if he had apparated.

"Nothing," Neville replied, swallowing. He sniffed a few times, as hard as he could, attempting to clear his nose. Instead, another sneeze slipped out of him. "Ekshuhd!" He shook his head back and forth, startled. The sneezes were becoming more aggressive, and he found it was difficult to catch them all. Glancing down at the Creeveys' concerned faces, he couldn't help but wish that they would go away.

"Bless you," they chorused.

"Do you want my hankie?" Dennis offered, his expression incredibly earnest. "My mum sent me with loads these years."

"Erm, no thanks," Neville replied, smiling in spite of himself. "I'm alright." Still, his nose was now running, and he was forced to bring his arm up to his face again. "Hehsha! Ekshuh! Ekshhd!" Pausing, he moved his sleeve down for only a second. "Heh...heh... hehkshoo!" He blinked several times, trying to rid his eyes of their increasing liquid. Then, rubbing his nose carelessly with his robes, he relaxed his arm.

"Neville," Colin said, eyeing him suspiciously. "Are you getting sick?"

"Doh," Neville replied, intending to say, 'No'. He rubbed his head, which was beginning to throb beneath his sinuses.

Ginny reappeared then, her red hair billowing around her shoulders. It was clear that she'd run all the way back. "Come on, Neville. She said you could spend the night down there."

"Giddy, I'm dot that sick."

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed his arm and hoisted him off the couch. "You have to be quiet though. We'll get in trouble if anyone spots us."

"You mean - you mean we're not allowed to use the hospital wing?" Colin called, face ashen.

Ginny put a finger to her lips, silencing him. She was about to open the portrait door. No, they were not technically supposed to use the hospital wing. Injuries were 'deserved', or so Amycus said. But Madame Pomfrey smuggled students in when she could, helping them to the best of her ability.

"Quiet now, alright?" Ginny warned, turning the knob of painting. Neville nodded. It wasn't as if he had much to say.

They walked the first few steps in silence, Ginny's hand tenderly leading Neville. She kept a firm hold on his back, her concerned gaze never leaving him for more than a second. He was glad for this, as he found his befuddled mind barely knew where they were going.

He stopped short, taking a deep breath. Looking around wildly, he realized a single sneeze might give them away. He swallowed, stuffing a hand in front of his nose. He'd hold it back until they got there, he hoped.

But a few more steps proved he couldn't, and he bent sharply at the waist. "Hexsht! Hehshht!" The blood rushed to his face in a blush, realizing Ginny had put her own hand in front of his lips.

Her cheeks were a faint red as well, but she was grinning. "Sorry," she whispered. "Had to make sure you wouldn't be too loud."

He shook his head. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

"Sneezed?" She grabbed his arm, an expression of derision crossing her face. "Like you had any choice. Come on then, we're almost there." His shoulders slouched, the thorough weight of depression descending on him. Everything was bad enough without the added threat of illness.

"Huhkshoo." Rather than stifling, he caught it softly in his palm, wondering why he hadn't been able to sneeze quietly before.

"Bless you," Ginny whispered. She laced her entire arm around his shoulders, pulling him gently the rest of the way.

Each step hurt his ears and temples, and Neville couldn't help but sigh in relief when the hospital wing arrived in front of them.

Archived