Sneeze Fetish Forum

Tips??

smiles15

For as long as I can remember I've always been afraid of sneezing in front of people, being blessed, or blessing other people. I really really don't like feeling this way and I want to get over it very badly.

The most irrational thing about it is that I'm afraid if I bless someone they will figure out that it's a fetish, which doesn't make sense to even me...

Does any one have any ideas of how I can get over this?

Lol, if I don't I think I might spontaneously burst into flames one day.

:yes:

You're certainly not alone in this, there are many of us I'm sure who are in, or have been in the same boat. I was the same, for years I avoided sneezing whenever possible and stifled when that failed. I would never bless anyone and did not like being blessed either because I hated any attention being drawn to my sneezing.

So, well when it came to sneezing in front of people, I still find it hard. Occasionally it happens spontaneously and because I actively want to learn to sneeze properly in front of people I try not to stifle as often as possible. I have found that mostly people don't make a big deal of it at all and that's quite reassuring in itself. I am lucky enough to sneeze photically and I have practiced inducing that way (discretely) at first when alone, then in front of my immediate family (husband and children, not my parents). Now I am working on managing in front of friends with some success. I think it's getting easier with time.

If you're not photic I guess it's more difficult. You might have to take opportunities when they come along, having colds or whatever. Some people also advocate inducing where people can hear you at least, even if they can't see you to get used to the idea of interaction.

As for blessing, I would never do it to random strangers but I can now bless my family and indeed I think just being around the forum for a while has had a positive effect because now I actually take delight in drawing attention to sneezes and I seem to be corrupting my friend that I go to classes with because she now, after me laughing every time she sneezes (she has a tiny girly sneeze that I just find hilarious) she has started to laugh whenever someone else in the class sneezes, or indeed when I do, I managed it three times last week I think.

So I guess just try to work on it gradually where and when you get the chance. Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on.

I am exactly the same.. I think a lot of people here are too. The thing that makes it even more annoying, is that by not blessing people, in some situations, it makes it appear more like there is some strange reason preventing us.. if you understand what I mean. Sometimes I have been in situations where the person sneezed then looked at me as if I should bless them, but all I could do was giggle.. making it look like I had some strange hangup about blessing them!

That is completely unconstructive though, as I cannot help you overcome this! I guess it's just something you will have to practice doing, but I am unable to do it!

I am the same :P

For more than 6 years I didn't sneezed in front of others,

I'm just too afraid to do this.

I would love to get over his, but it doesn't really work.

I also don't like sneezing in front of others - however I would love to be able to sneeze when I am with attractive girls and yet usually I can't - it's a bit of a paradox! (however I have just been sneezing while typing this!)

As far as blessing is concerned I didn't used to do this until I was about 21 or so - I now realise it is perfectly normal and people won't link it to a fetish. I sometimes think people may see it as a sign that I fancy someone but even that is probably silly.

I am sure that 99.9% of the population have no clue that a sneeze fetish even exists and we should be able to bless people without fear of anybody thinking it unusual in any shape or form.

Anyway, good luck smiles15

:boom:

I have a little bit of trouble with this, too...at least in public. When I'm around people I know I'm usually okay. Yesterday I really didn't want to sneeze in this outdoor market, and in trying to not sneeze I managed this really awkward pre-sneeze noise and face that was probably way more embarrassing and attention-getting than ia normal sneeze would have been otherwise.

As for blessing, I personally really like to be blessed when I sneeze, so I just operate under the assumption that when I bless someone else I'm doing it for the sneezer and not myself, and that makes it OK in my head.

I think I understand- it can be hard to get over this sort of feeling.

Try to remember that non-fetish people view sneezing as so insignificant and ordinary that they're never going to notice you're interested in it. No-one is ever going to say "Hey, your 'bless you' sounded a little too enthusiastic. Do you have some kind of fetish for sneezing?" because such a thing would never cross the average person's mind.

I used to hate blessing people, and would become quite embarrassed by people (particularly men) sneezing if I was talking to them. But I don't mind it so much now- it gets a lot easier with practice.

I still find it difficult to sneeze in front of people, as usually my mental block will kick in and stop the sneeze. However, I'm much more happy to sneeze in public if the other people aren't looking at me, and I'm not looking at them- e.g. I can sit at my desk and sneeze with other people in the office, because I can't see their faces when I'm looking at my computer screen.

This can be a good way to get used to sneezing in public, or sneezing around your girlfriend or boyfriend, if you find this embarrassing.

Hope that helps! :D

i agree with heathcliff that most "normal" people don't think about sneezing that much. i've gotten nervous about it since i recognized the fetish and found this forum, but i remind myself that the people around me have no reason to think anything of it.

however, i told my friend about the fetish tonight. now i'm terrified of him ever sneezing in front of me or seeing me sneeze. because he definitely will pay attention now.

I'm much more happy to sneeze in public if the other people aren't looking at me, and I'm not looking at them- e.g. I can sit at my desk and sneeze with other people in the office, because I can't see their faces when I'm looking at my computer screen.

This can be a good way to get used to sneezing in public, or sneezing around your girlfriend or boyfriend, if you find this embarrassing.

I can testify that what Heathcliff says worked for me. I had a complete sneeze block and got over it by finding I would sneeze when no one was around, or no on was looking, so eventually the blockage went away. The only time I can be put off sneezing is when someone stares at me just as I'm winding up for a sneeze. Hate that.

Archived