Sneeze Fetish Forum

Mental block issues, need some advice

Guest Sneeze_lover_09

Guest Sneeze_lover_09

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this (as I'm new to the forum),

I seem to have this weird kind of mental block when it comes to sneezing in front of my family. I don't have a problem in front of anyone else, or even in public (I sneezed while I was out shopping the other day, no problem). But I honestly don't remember the last time I sneezed in front of any of my family, and I think it might be because my mom made such an issue of my sneezing when I was a kid. Now I just don't seem to be able to let myself sneeze in front of her any more, almost like I have blocked it out. I really want to get past this. Has anyone else overcome this kind of mental block or have any tips on how to get past it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

id say just act normal, forget about the fetish; keep in mind that they dont have the fetish, nor do they know you have it, so obviously theyre not gonna make too much of a fuss about it, or act like youre a freak for it. everyone sneezes, and im sure they know as well as anyone that its a normal act, so just treat it as that. dunno if any of this helps or not but try that. :)

There are quite a few of us that have problems sneezing in front of family members slash get agitated when our family members insist on sneezing in front of us. I envy fetishers immune to this problem. Unless you take after Oedipus or are from West Virginia (kidding, kidding, all you WV-ers), the connection of the sneezing with arousal can make it uncomfortable around family members to say the least. But then again, if you can pinpoint a cause, maybe your block is a little different than mine.

I'm curious to know what you mean when you say your mom made a big deal...did she like bless you excessively? Or was a germaphobe? Did she get mad at you? (Maybe she's one of us, too?)

Guest Sneeze_lover_09

Thanks a lot for your replies :rollfast:

I do try not to think about it too much, but it still bugs me. What I meant about my mom is that she didn't like it when I sneezed a lot (as a child). She was always looking for ways to try and stop it from happening (like making me take homeopathic tablets or use nose drops several times a day, both of which I hated). She didn't get mad at me, but she was quite fussy and over-protective, and after a while I used to hate sneezing in front of her because of the reaction I would get. I got into the habit of stifling which isn't good (fortunately I'm past that now). After a while I think I must have conditioned my brain to NOT sneeze around her, and that block still remains. It's almost like the sneezing part of my brain switches off in her presence. What's even more weird is that she's a multiple sneezer herself (usually at least 4 or 5 each time) and she got hayfever too, so why she made such a fuss over my sneezing, I really don't know. I guess that's families for you! :whip:

Nice to know I'm not alone though :rollfast:

Well, if it helps you resolve some stuff about your mom, I have a tendency to get quite angry when my son refuses to blow his nose (he has seasonal allergies that get quite bad) because I HATE hearing him go on and on in the mornings LOL

Archived