Sneeze Fetish Forum

I can't stifle no matter how hard I've tried

Shelle

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of stifling, the sound of the sneeze is the best part! But anyways I have tried so many times to be able to do it and I just can't! I just have no idea how to stifle?? I've attempted but it always ends in me holding back the sneeze and then the feeling goes away. I have never been able to sneeze in public or infront of anyone so I though it would be nice to know how to stifle just incase I wanted to let it out but looks like it's never going to happen :)

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of stifling, the sound of the sneeze is the best part! But anyways I have tried so many times to be able to do it and I just can't! I just have no idea how to stifle?? I've attempted but it always ends in me holding back the sneeze and then the feeling goes away. I have never been able to sneeze in public or infront of anyone so I though it would be nice to know how to stifle just incase I wanted to let it out but looks like it's never going to happen :)

The best way that I know to practice stifling is to induce sneezes and then as you build up to the sneeze, try to focus on limiting the amount of air you inhale as much as you can. In other words, you are not fighting the tickle, your're just letting the sneeze happen while trying really hard to resist the urge to inhale as the sneeze builds up. If you can master that technique, stifling is much easier because there isn't as much air in your lungs when you sneeze. It really diminishes the force of the sneeze. I hope this helps you out.

I must admit, I'm not really that great at stifling. I do have to squeeze my nose shut whenever I decide to stifle, but since I've been trying this technique I am able to keep my sneezes alot more quiet and controlled. Also, it isn't painful or uncomfortable to stifle anymore.

For the love of God, Jack... DONT TELL HER HOW TO STIFLE!! Stifles are pure evil.

Shelle.... good for you. STIFLING IS A SIN!

For the love of God, Jack... DONT TELL HER HOW TO STIFLE!! Stifles are pure evil.

It's true! DON'T FALL FROM GRACE SHELLE!!!

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of stifling, the sound of the sneeze is the best part! But anyways I have tried so many times to be able to do it and I just can't! I just have no idea how to stifle?? I've attempted but it always ends in me holding back the sneeze and then the feeling goes away. I have never been able to sneeze in public or infront of anyone so I though it would be nice to know how to stifle just incase I wanted to let it out but looks like it's never going to happen :P

Stifling is really cute! There's room for all of us - stiflers and non stiflers alike.

I would recommend holding your nose or keeping your mouth shut when you sneeze. It also helps to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth when you sneeze.

Let us know how you get on :D

I've tried stifling, just out of intellectual curiosity of course, by pushing the tongue against the top of my mouth (something I had never known about prior to reading about it somewhere in the Forum). I have about a 50% success rate - I think the force of my sneezes, infrequent as they are, is too strong. Does anyone else experience that "ball of air" sensation forcing itself down the throat immediately after stifling?

I AGREE!

You want to learn how to stifle? Pinch your nose shut. Then like try to concentrate the sneeze to your nose instead of your mouth. Its hard to explain. But I do it this way and I'm a MASTER stifler.

And for Sternuto and all those people who agree with him, Yes I'm a sinner :P

Folks, keep in mind that the same rules that apply in the media section apply here - that is, if you don't like what someone has posted, keep it to yourself :) I know it's good-natured ribbing, but comments of the type "what you want to do is EVIL" aren't encouraged. Everybody play nice, now :bleh:

It takes some folks alot of practice and split second timing to master it. Keep practicing and try judging when is right moment to hold in breath. good luck

Folks, keep in mind that the same rules that apply in the media section apply here - that is, if you don't like what someone has posted, keep it to yourself :) I know it's good-natured ribbing, but comments of the type "what you want to do is EVIL" aren't encouraged. Everybody play nice, now :bleh:

Did I say that? :D

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of stifling, the sound of the sneeze is the best part! But anyways I have tried so many times to be able to do it and I just can't! I just have no idea how to stifle?? I've attempted but it always ends in me holding back the sneeze and then the feeling goes away.

I know how to stifle because I did it for years. I allow the sneeze to build as normal, I inhale normally and then as Cashewnut said press my tongue hard against the roof of my mouth (not curled up or anything, just flat to make a good seal) and then also seal the back of my nose as I would if I was jumping into water and wanted to hold my breath. I guess from then on it does just depend how enormous your sneeze is because on occasion it can fail though it doesn't often though of course I had a lot of practice (what a waste :) )

If you pinch your nostrils shut externally you can end up with an explosive burst of air entering your eustachian tubes which can carry infection up there so I wouldn't advise that.

Honestly though, if you don't much like stifling then don't. I try not to do it now. There's much more fun to be had without although I do understand the desire to be able to stifle in quiet places or in company when you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

I've never successfully stifled myself, don't feel bad. Besides, I can't imagine it would be anywhere near as satisfying as just letting it out.

(besides, I just about died laughing when demon327 told my sister-in-law she shouldn't stifle at dinner last week LMAO)

haha I still can't do it! I still end up just stopping the sneeze altogether...oh well guess im just going to have to let them out :)

To stifle you have to actually begin to sneeze and stop it during. Actually I enjoy the sneezes pretty much the same whether I stifle or not. But I don't like other people stifling so if you can't do it then so much the better! :)

Archived