Sneeze Fetish Forum

What ELSE do you like about having a cold?

The Sneezster

(Cross posted from another forum, at the request of a friend)

It's been two weeks since I caught my last cold (it was a lovely cold, too), and my voice still isn't back to normal. It's throaty and husky and really really sexy sounding. Seriously, I'm getting myself turned on when I talk. And when I talk dirty to my husband (because it sounds so awesome in my sexy voice), I get myself so hot that I pretty much end up climbing all over him.

So, I've added "sexy voice" to my list of things that I love about having a cold. Besides sneezing, I love:

Staying home from work

Soup

Naps

Getting out of household chores

Being taken care of

My sexy husky voice

and the wonderful feeling of how terrific it is to breathe through your nose, once the cold resolves.

What (besides sneezing, of course) do you enjoy about being sick?

Hmmmm...good question! :P

I actually DON'T enjoy sneezing, most unfortunately. I am terribly embarrassed when I sneeze, mostly because the 7 almost always draw attention to me. It's been practically inevitable, and I hate it. I blush every time.

But what do I like about having a cold? People at work feel sorry for me and generally cater to me. I can't help but like that. :hug: And my patients are always so sweet to me, and I usually get someone to buy me a coffee. :cry:

I'm terrible! :)

I don't particularly enjoy colds, especially because I never get sneezy colds (besides, I don't really enjoy my own sneezes all that much). There is one thing though, my voice usually gets all low and husky, which is fun. I have a pretty low voice for a girl anyways, so when I'm sick I can very easily make my voice sound really deep and dramatic, kind of like that dramatic-voiced guy that does movie trailer voiceovers. It's fun.

When I get a cold, I love being able to have an excuse to go to bed earlier. I very much enjoy sleeping. I also like using Vicks and tissues with Vicks in them. That smell relaxes me. *Sigh*

Thanks Sneezster for posting! Details, details. How I love them!

There are often two or three days at the start of a cold when I feel rotten enough to wonder how I could have ever imagined I like them. I don't enjoy feeling feverish or tired, nor having a sore throat probably because there is not much chance to rest and annoyingly, at that stage the whole thing is invisible and I generally can't bring myself to tell anyone IRL but just try to battle on and pretend to be fine. Having said that now I come on the forum I do sometimes whinge to a friend and get some sympathy so I guess I do enjoy that a little now at least because I like to feel looked after and there is anticipation that I may have more to tell in a day or two.

My favourite part comes next, generally for a day at least, perhaps a bit longer my nose tickles almost incessantly. Occasionally this leads to more sneezing than usual but mostly there is just continual irritation without much sneezing but that feeling in itself is something I find incredibly enjoyable. I also generally can't resist at some point during that phase inducing lots because it's just incredibly easy and tremendously satisfying and also deliciously messy and I am not, in generally a messy person when it comes to sneezing but I love it when I am. I also love the fact that at this stage I am presumably at my most infectious and whilst I would not intentionally try to infect anyone else I do just love the idea that it may happen.

Quite ironically it is generally after that that I begin to sound most congested and it becomes obvious to other people and like some others I love listening to myself at that stage. I especially love speaking to people on the phone then too because I have observed from others that for some reason the congested voice is particularly conspicuous on the phone. Of course this is the stage when people are most sympathetic because I sound bad but by that time I am normally feeling much better. Like Nicole, I love the sympathy, maybe because most of the time I think I come across as so self-sufficient that no-one seems to notice I may need help, even when I am struggling.

For a week or two after a cold I also generally find that just after getting up in the morning my nose gets very tickly. I like that too and though it doesn't often lead to sneezing by itself, if it's a nice sunny day and I can get to the window in time I get to sneeze messily on the glass.

:laugh:

*sigh*

How I wish I could catch cold now. What a strange obsession to have.

I'm a strange one. I do enjoy having them (if they're not obvious), but I absolutely CANNOT admit that I have one. Mostly because I would try to hide it from my parents when I was young, for fear that they wouldn't let me do anything (or would ask about it.... bleeehhhh).

However, I want C to notice. I want him to stop what he's doing and love on me and fuss about it, because that's what I do to him. I want him to pick up on subtleties (especially because I hate to admit it) and ask about it while I deny, and then pester me until he makes a decision and pampers me. Basically, I want him to feel bad enough about it that he becomes my slave and does things without being asked. For instance, last time I ended up asleep on the couch, and when he woke me up there was dinner ready and he'd done the dishes. After supper he ran a hot bath for me and popped in my favourite bath bomb. Then gave me a massage! *melts*

I love the general shivery feeling, I love laying on my sides so that I can feel my nose clear on whchever side I'm not laying on, and I love soup and cuddling in blankets and watching tv really quiet. I haven't been really really sick with my boyfriend around yet, but I would love to see how that plays out :P

:):heart::)

I have a chest cold right now actually :) My best friend bought me a brownie today at lunchtime and I felt special! (It especially made me feel happy because I really wasn't feeling good all morning) Ice cream helps me feel better, and so does soup. And blankets! Ahh blankets.

Also, my boyfriend is always good company but I especially like cuddling with him while I'm sick. He makes me laugh =)

I don't like anything about colds at all. I wouldn't wish one on anyone. They're horrible. But that's just my opinion.

*Volunteers to relieve Lynne of all future cold viruses*

.....now if only I could discover how! :D

Edit: Why can't I type just now???? :D

I love curling up in bed with a mild fever. Hearing myself talk in that deep, hoarse, congested voice I love so much in others isn't totally unpleasant either...

(i) It's an excuse to start of a sneezy converstion, by warning others to keep their distance... not everybody recoils in horror!

(ii) I can make a joke out of having "man flu", which if I'm lucky, will reward me with sympathetic female responses such as "Awwww... poor baby!"

(iii) I have a legitimate reason to drink (sensible) quantities of whisky, to clear out the old nasal passages!

Archived