Sneeze Fetish Forum

swine flu is killing my fetish :(

blairwaldorf

ok well normally I can get to my "happy place" by thinking about colds, fevers and such, but lately whenever I try to think of those things it just reminds me of swine flu and I get all freaked out. I can be paranoid at times and assume the worst will happen and I just can't get the whole swine flu thing out of my head. It is killing my fetishy side not to mention making me really worried in general. Does anyone else get like this lately or have advice??

I'm sorry to hear that! T.T

maybe you should try and pinpoint exactly what it is thats making you freak out and try to come to terms with that. I generally find its best to focus on what you can deal with now, and worry about things as they come but I realize this can't work for everyone. Good luck figuring out a solution, I hope you come up with something.

-Omni

Hey you lot, I see you're all relativity new here. Welcome to the forum! :D

About the swine flu, its not good, but I personally don't think you should worry too too much. Especially if its making the fetish a hassle for you! The facts say that the swine flu is just a flu. We just don't seem to be very immune to it. The fact that people have unfortunately died from it is a sad reality that could sprout from any illness if given the proper circumstances. It shouldn't make you feel bad.

Try to remember the H1N1 is just a flu. A nasty flu, but a flu nonetheless.

Practice thinking about a nice cold instead. A fun, fetish-friendly cold. Or even allergies, hey thats not too health-damaging is it? I hope that helps a little bit. ;)

ok well normally I can get to my "happy place" by thinking about colds, fevers and such, but lately whenever I try to think of those things it just reminds me of swine flu and I get all freaked out. I can be paranoid at times and assume the worst will happen and I just can't get the whole swine flu thing out of my head. It is killing my fetish side not to mention making me really worried in general. Does anyone else get like this lately or have advice??

Well, luckily I've managed to avoid it so far, but yeah, fear is definitely the mind-killer. Nevertheless, I think once you are completely assured that you have taken every precaution (vitamins, general hygiene, etc) and your immune system is working just fine, it will be much easier to access your happy place. A large part of it is needing to convince yourself that the thing you dread is "out there" and not "in here", if that makes sense. It's like a home security system, if you will... when you know that it's up and running and your house is safe, you can sleep and dream a lot more peacefully.

Also, try and limit your news intake every day. Too much doomy-gloomy jabber is bad for the psyche. ;)

Aw, dude, seriously. Don't freak out about Swine Flu. I had it a few weeks ago and it WASN'T THAT BAD. I survived. It hurt for like three days but then it was over. More people have died from regular influenza than H1N1. Just don't focus on it.

Plus, Swine Flu doesn't even include much congestion/sneezing. It's mostly fatigue. In a lot of cases, that is.

But I'm not really a doctor so I will stfu.

Aww try not to think about it which I know is easy for me to say.

I'm just recovering from Swine Flu and got it quite bad but i'm ok and have come through the other side -oh and i have plenty of sneeziness!! Joy!

I can understand where you're coming from, as sometimes I also let fear get the best of me.

For a lot of people in the community, the fetish runs in "cycles". That is to say, they experience moments (days, weeks, months, even years) when the fetish goes into a "low cycle" and doesn't disappear, but just takes more of a backseat in their lives. Especially in being part of the community, it's good to take a step back sometimes and see life for the big picture and not just through a fetish point of view.

I think it's normal to be experiencing a low cycle when the media is pumping hysteria into what should be a pleasurable part of life. If it disturbs you to think about it, don't. I know that personally, searches on YouTube are helping to fuel the negative thought process because there suddenly seems to be very little "personal" videos and more "news" footage.

Maybe enjoy a "simpler" time, and browse through some stories? Fantasy might help you forget about what the media boogeymen are feeding you.

Swine flu is almost just an ordinary flu, nothing to worry about. ;)

Just clear youre mind for a short period, dont worry, I think the fetish will be fine.

I've had just the opposite experience. All this incessant talk of flu has me aroused, like, ALL THE TIME!

Oh! And those commercials they have now for flu medicine on the TV. They're just making me addle-brained with arousal. Have you seen the one (actually, there are probably lots) where the woman is miserable with the flu, flopped in bed, unable to move. Then her sweetie gives her one dose of cold-and-flu medicine and -- miracle! -- she feels terrific and the next thing you know, she's smiling and dressed, make up and hair all perfect, bouncing out of the house with her sweetie. (and my evil imagination takes it from there . . . she's spreading flu viruses everywhere she goes).

And the commercial where the family is in a crowded movie theater and someone in the row right behind them is sneezing. The voice-over ominously warns about it being flu season. But, oddly, the mother looks pleased. Why? Because she realized that her family has just been exposed to the flu and she's stocked up with all kinds of flu medicine on sale at Walmart! Let's all get the flu! It'll be a bargain with those low low prices on cough drops and Tylenol!

not exactly cuz i had the swine flu and i know that it's really not a big deal for someone over 5-6 so don't worry unless you are like sickly and have cancer or something

Yeah the media has all hyped up the Swine Flu but in reality it is not that scary. To my knowledge nobody has died FROM IT. They've died from other infections and complications but the Flu itself isn't a killer. It can weaken the immune system and make you susceptible to other ailments but if not for all the television and radio stations going berserk with it you probably wouldn't be this afraid. You are being propaganda-ed into fear, keep that in mind.

Guest Expulsion

A girl I work with had it, and came into work before she was completely over it. I was worried I would get it, and sure enough I started to feel sick a day or two later. Turns out, I was sick with something completely different (bronchitis) and was worried about H1N1 for no reason.

Calm down, wash your hands a lot, and think about other things. You'll come out of it soon enough.

I had it last week. I didn't even know thats what it was until I got better. My girlfriend kept telling me thats what I had, but I didn't have insurance so I couldn't go to the doctor until the worst was over. It lasted about a week. The thing that may comfort you though, is the fact that none of the 4 people in my own household or my girlfriend who still kissed me caught it.

Yeah the media has all hyped up the Swine Flu but in reality it is not that scary. To my knowledge nobody has died FROM IT. They've died from other infections and complications but the Flu itself isn't a killer.

Uh...yeah they have. Not very many, and no where near as many as health officials were fearing originally, but there have been few deaths. And as far as I know when you develop bronchitis or pneumonia as a direct result of the flu, that still counts as flu, b/c that's how it kills..

Not that I'm trying to cause a panic or anything. They're saying that this flu is actually less contagious than a normal flu, so that's good. What people should also keep in mind is that flu is always dangerous, every year, it's just that the infection rate isn't as publicized. Also, it's usually only people in "high risk" categories that have to worry about anything beyond the discomfort of being sick (the very old, the very young, or those with pre-existing respiratory/immune problems...and for this flu, I've heard they're really pushing for pregnant women to get the shot).

I haven't had my fetish too affected by all this, though. As has been said, most of it is hype. I've never found really obviously suffering sick people to be sexy (well, unless they're a boyfriend) so that hasn't changed. But if a seemingly fine person sneezes on the metro, I'm still gonna enjoy it. Plus, I feel like people are being more conscious with covering their sneezes in public these days, which puts my mind at ease somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh!

I completely have the same problem as you!

The same happened when I read The Last Stand by Stephen King.

Anything that relates sneezing and death is an ultimate turn off.

:P

I just push it away from my mind and focus on sneezes from people

who I know have innocent colds.

Not thinking about it, and basically categorizing the sneezes under

two completely different subjects is what helps me.

If I just don't think about Swine Flu sneezing as

the type of sneezing I've always enjoyed, then I'm

usually fine.

:)

Archived