Sneeze Fetish Forum

sounds which can be confused with a sneeze

haeeshoo

I was rehearsing today with a choir, and we had an orchestra visiting us to prepare for the next performance.

At some point during the repetition I heard the female blonde curly hoboist make a noise that immediately drew my attention.

Turns out she was just trying to remove some dust/dirt from within the instrument by "faking a sneeze" (or at least

that's what it sounded like - it was not merely blowing, it was a really forceful and concentrated stream of air being blown

into one of the finger holes.)

Anyone else has had similar experiences?

(I also remember as a kid, the sounds trucks make if they brake reminded me of sneezing :blushing: )

lol hoboist?

I think your looking for oboist (the hobo did make me laugh though =P)

I actually do this often. As an instrumentalist, you pretty much have to make an air explosion to get the gunk outta your instrument, so she was probably just doing what I do. Its been mistaken for a sneeze by my non band friends before, so I think this is what you were going at.

I'm quasi-oftenly let down by the start of a really big yawn. It has about the same speed and quickness of intake as a sneeze, and it then just -yaaaaaaawn- .

So dissapointing.

I'm quasi-oftenly let down by the start of a really big yawn. It has about the same speed and quickness of intake as a sneeze, and it then just -yaaaaaaawn- .

So dissapointing.

YES! I know EXACTLY what you mean :cry:

Well, this is sort of a funny one, but I was using a spray bottle while cleaning the other day, and spraying in such quick succession as I was, it reminded me so much of a sneezing fit... :drool:

Well, this is sort of a funny one, but I was using a spray bottle while cleaning the other day, and spraying in such quick succession as I was, it reminded me so much of a sneezing fit...

hahaha i used to do that on purpose when i was a kid!

Great topic! I had something stupid happen a few years ago... My girlfriends and I went to Punta Cana 4 years ago for spring break, and one morning when we were still all kind of sleeping, I woke to the sound of what I thought was a sneeze. The sound was coming at about 5 second intervals, and after 4 of them I was starting to get really turned on...

Until I looked off our balcony and saw a guy powerwashing the resort pathways. :drool: He just happened to be doing it in a rather rhythmic fashion. God, what an idiot I am.

Incidentally, Merodii, haeeshoo is Belgian and likely just mixed up "haut-bois" and "oboe". Same instrument, two languages.

Turns out she was just trying to remove some dust/dirt from within the instrument by "faking a sneeze" (or at least

that's what it sounded like - it was not merely blowing, it was a really forceful and concentrated stream of air being blown

into one of the finger holes.)

I guess this is slightly off-topic but my uncle told me that if his cat hears him sneezing, she'll come running, and that he uses it to his advantage - when he's getting into bed, he'll fake a sneeze so that she'll come find him, and then he gets some snuggly reading time with her before sleep.

Sometimes in certain songs it sounds like the artist is sneezing when they blend the ends of certain words together! Like an example this song "It's You" Everytime she said it's you it sounded like itchew! At first I thought she was really sneezing.

Once when I was in elementary school I went to the nurse for a stomachache or to get a cough drop or something. The nurse was seeing someone else and while I was waiting I coughed. She blessed me, and I got somewhat annoyed. That wasn't a sneeze! Didn't you see that my eyes didn't even close? It didn't even sound anything like a sneeze! :D

Sometimes in certain songs it sounds like the artist is sneezing when they blend the ends of certain words together! Like an example this song "It's You" Everytime she said it's you it sounded like itchew! At first I thought she was really sneezing.

Oh, this is so true! I hear sneezing in songs all the time. :drool: In this one song with my favorite singer, there are some kind of sound effects in the interlude which totally sound like small sneezes to my ears, like "ksh!..ksh!...ksh!" I know it's only my wishful thinking and over-active imagination, but still... I go tee-hee! everytime they get to that part. :D

• 1 month later...

ah yes. just recently actually.

I found a video of my FAVE celebrity crush (eminem) and in it he makes a noise and moves forward a little.

So it looks ALOT like a sneeze, but after watching it about 50 times, i think it was just a snicker of laughter.

You know that kinda snorting laughter that people do which sounds like a stifle? Soo annoying

I'm still trying to get a half decent sneezing sound with my guitar. :hug:

I can get just about every other involuntary body function, haha!

I don't know if anyone in the UK is watching Celebrity Big Brother, but the other night, the cagefighter guy Alex started punching and kicking the snowman in the garden as a task, and every time he hit it, he made a sound like a sneeze! I'll try to get a clip of it because it was so strange a noise to make!

I don't know if anyone in the UK is watching Celebrity Big Brother, but the other night, the cagefighter guy Alex started punching and kicking the snowman in the garden as a task, and every time he hit it, he made a sound like a sneeze! I'll try to get a clip of it because it was so strange a noise to make!

Hahaha I watched that and heard it too :winkkiss:

Lol, here is the clip. I was sitting watching this with loads of people, and cringing because I thought someone had to mention the fact that it sounded like a sneeze! Thankfully, nobody did! I wonder if he sneezes like that... :winkkiss:

So.. martial arts/punching noises could be confused for a sneeze!

Archived