Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sniffly love scene?

Lady Blessington

Hey... this is maybe... not of interest to anybody else, or in the wrong section or something, but just in case it's not... I'm reading Life Before Man, a novel by Margaret Atwood, and there are these two characters who've been sort of circling each other for awhile, and I just read the scene where they finally sleep together, and, for whatever reason the author decided the man should have a cold for this scene. He phoned the woman up "from his house, nasal, forlorn," and she walked over all exhilirated, and, it's February in Toronto... she's thinking, "She will put her hand on his forehead and miraculously he will revive." And, "By the time she reaches his front steps and stamps her way up them her nose is running." 'Cause cold air does that. So. Then we have this sniffly (first) kiss. And this lush but understated love scene. After which they lie snuggling and he reaches for a Kleenex. I don't know, it was just a hot scene made hotter by this cold that this guy had. Enjoy?

Mad

Ooh, I'm a Margaret Atwood fan, but I've never read that one. Thanks for the heads up! :evilmage:

Also, HMM, I remember being kind of scandalized/intrigued while reading a collection of Margaret Atwood's short stories when I was like in grade 6. The book was called "Dancing Girls" and in one of the stories this woman had this recurring fantasy that this guy beaks into her apartment with evil intentions, and he just so happens to have the worst cold ever, and she's very attracted to him. Seriously.

in one of the stories this woman had this recurring fantasy that this guy beaks into her apartment with evil intentions, and he just so happens to have the worst cold ever, and she's very attracted to him. Seriously.

What the crunch! And and and, I kept reading and today there was this other super-rushed, grabby, cherry-popping sex scene, and then afterwards... oh let me see if I can find it... yeah yeah, so she's glad to have had this encounter but is bleeding all over the place, and then this: "He doesn't understand, he's on his knees beside her, doing himself up, pulling down her skirt, apologizing! Awkwardly; he's really sorry, he couldn't help it, he didn't mean to. As if she's a foot he's stepped on, as if he's merely sneezed." Which. On the one hand maybe really does just refer to the accidentalness of sneezing versus the intentionality of having sex with somebody, and on the other hand, given these other bits of her writing and given her poetic language choices in general, maybe plays on the similarities between sneezing and coming, the different kinds of explosion, the warm trickly blood even paralleling the warm trickly mucus.

Maybe Atwood secretly is liking the sneezes also. Maybe it has to do with being fucked up about men and scared of men and wanting this safer version of man-orgasms, man-sneezes. I'm so curious where this kink comes from. A bit less so though now that I just know there are a bunch of other people similarly kinked. I really wanted to know so that I could defend myself if anybody found out, by saying "Well this is what it's about" or more likely just by knowing the answer myself. But knowing other people who are not scary and who agree that sneezy Dean is hot has taken some pressure off. Nice to meet you, madam.

I'll have to track down that other story sometime. It sounds awesome. Rrrr.

I really wanted to know so that I could defend myself if anybody found out, by saying "Well this is what it's about" or more likely just by knowing the answer myself. But knowing other people who are not scary and who agree that sneezy Dean is hot has taken some pressure off.

I'm totally coming from a similar place as you there! :naughty:

I know people on here have a vast majority of reasons as to why they like sneezing, but I've worked out for me it really has mostly to do with vulnerability/caretaking/the comfort side of h/c, which I feel like I could explain pretty easily if I had to - to other fandom friends I have, anyway. I mean, fandom is basically all about h/c anyway, you know?

And I totally have to track that Margaret Atwood book down again now. I'd say it's a possibility that she shares our fascination for sure. Obviously my memory of the passage is a little rusty, but I seem to remember a lot of emphasis being put on evil hot dude's red nose, and stuffy talk.

Archived