• house dust
    • chalk dust
    • outside dust
    • things phsically tickling your nose
    • colds
    • black pepper
    • white pepper
    • other (plz specify?)

This isn't an other for me, personally, but I just fount out about it last night: spicy food.

Anyone ever know/heard of someone else who sneezes after eating spicy foods?

I made chilli last night with a friend of mine, and we put in these ridiculously spicy peppers I bought at an asian market. She was sniffing from the first bite on (I know spice makes a lot of people's noses run) but about half way through she stopped eating and started fanning her face. I figured it was more of a mouth-fanning, but then I caught the agonized pre-sneeze expression.

"You ok?"

"Uh....yeah...I've just gotta sneeze...."

And she did...two sets of girly doubles. She said that happens to her whenever she eats spicy food. All I can say is...Hot. (har har har)

I sneeze from spicy foods too, especially when i've made chilli but i also got sneezy the other night when I was eating some pepperoni pizza.

There is another other for me and that's red wine - makes me sneeze like crazy

Paper dust. I didn't even know paper *produced* dust, but apparently it does and apparently it makes me sneeze like crazy. I don't get any other allergic symptoms, just the sneezing.

Yeah, apparently I'm weird. :)

~W.I.N.

Def colds 4 me, once i catch one my nose runs so then i blow it and it makes me sneeze and then it runs more and soi blow and sneeze again. Its a vicious cycle...

Only when I try to induce a sneeze, do I do it most.

The sun used to be good for one every few days, but not any more.

flower and tree pollen... cat dander, cut grass, smoke, musky perfume, axe like body sprays, house chalk and outside dust, colds and black and white pepper

Paper dust. I didn't even know paper *produced* dust, but apparently it does and apparently it makes me sneeze like crazy. I don't get any other allergic symptoms, just the sneezing.

Yeah, apparently I'm weird. :unsure:

~W.I.N.

I don't know if it's from paper dust or the kind of mold that grows on paper, but that is horrible for me as well. (Note: I think this is fairly common; there is at least one wav on Bondi's site entitled "Old Papers" which is a prime [and yummy :) ] example of this kind of reaction to paper.)

Ditto on sneezing from spicy foods -- I was eating some "spicy escarole" in a restaurant a few days ago (really good stuff, BTW) and sneezed from that. I've also sneezed from too much garlic in a dish, and from fresh basil while making pesto.

*throws-together-some-spicy-food-with-plenty-of-garlic-and-wine* :wacko:

sadly i'm also a pathetically unsneezy person. sometimes grass will do it and occationally smoke if it goes right up my nose, but other than that it's all about inducing here :P

This isn't an other for me, personally, but I just fount out about it last night: spicy food.

Anyone ever know/heard of someone else who sneezes after eating spicy foods?

happens to me wayyyy too often

Tree pollen is number one for me. I sneeze my face off in the spring time thanks to that.

Also, my perfume, which is kind of sweet and flowery. I sneeze every morning after I use it!

Good old classic house dust for me. It certainly makes working out interesting - try doing situps whilst sneezing - not the easiest! :P

My SO is a photic sneezer and sometimes when we're watching TV in the dark even the light from the TV makes him sneeze, lol :heart:

Oh and he's also allergic to pollen, flowers, dust etc etc etc but what makes him sneeze the most definitely is pollen.

I sneeze a lot when I have a cold :D

sadly, nothing will make me sneeze regularly. sometimes i can photic one out, if its already lurking, but it doesnt always work. ive tried different pollens and dusts... nothing works well. thankfully, im a pretty sneezy person on my own, but i havent found a cause for it yet. :P

There's a lot of stuff that makes me sneeze, but there's some that are the worst. I'm allergic to pretty much any kind of pollen, but tree pollen is the absolute worst. Flower pollen, grass pollen, and weed pollen is pretty bad too. Dust will always get me going, and so will most perfumes, and cats make me sneeze so much I can hardly breathe sometimes.

Archived