Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sherlock Holmes

Blah!?

This might be better suited to the Related section...

I just got back from the movie, and although there was no actual sneezing, it's loaded with Robert Downey Jr. sniffing all over the place. He even straight-up blows his nose in one scene.

Whether you're into this kind of thing or not, I highly recommend this movie anyway. (Even if it might not be anything like what Sherlock Holmes is supposed to be. I don't even know. I haven't read the books, but this movie seems different form the commonly known lore.)

Maybe a veiled reference to Sherlock Holmes doing 'snuff,' which many Victorians did back in the day...

i saw it. it keeps the basics in tact, though i'd say it's more like 'iron man in london.' XD; holmes was more ponderer than pugilist.

i dont mind the sniffles though :3

Maybe a veiled reference to Sherlock Holmes doing 'snuff,' which many Victorians did back in the day...

Actually, I recall that he was a cocaine user (and also used morphine), so perhaps that's what the sniffling was about. And the nose rubbing could be about the morphine.

The one and only time I had morphine (after giving birth), it made my nose itch so badly I almost rubbed it off my face. Apparently that's a common side effect of morphine.

Sorry for off topicing, but Holmes was :D

His sniffles only make it better.

101% agreed the hotel room scene where the maid walks in was the best. ;)

Consider Holmes used cocaine frequently in the books, I'd have to guess that's what the sniffles were a reference to.

Aside from that, though, many thanks to Blah-San for the heads up, for two separate reasons: a) because now I have something extra to look forward to when I see the movie, and :D because now I'll be prepared, and not turn bright red when the sniffles occur, wondering if there's going to be a sneeze (because as much as GOD would I kill to see Robert Downey, Jr. sneezing, I'd rather only it be with warning if I'm going to be with someone else...and I already know that I'm going to see Sherlock Holmes with a friend of mine, who doesn't know about the SF thing).

~Me

I'm guessing that they dropped overt drugs references in order to get a viewing certificate that meant kids could watch it... but yeah, the sniffles were hot!

• 2 weeks later...

He does seem to sniff a liquid from a bottle; it's only shown for a second but is mentioned in the next scene. In the books I'm pretty sure he uses needles, but no idea about the cocaine.

It amused me that he seemed to sniff almost everything in order to get clues. Maybe something from that irritated his nose too *shrugs*. Either way, it was a nice bonus :hug:

Archived