Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kid's Culture

*GOR*

Hi everyone have people notice that when it comes to various forms of media for kids (stories/TV/Films/Songs) sneezing seems to be a primary focus? For example, when I was about 9 I remember reading a book called Ziggy and th Ice Ogre, and in this story it involved this child having to help move this city because a giant was going to sneeze. I enjoyed that book, wonder why? :D

Ah, where would we all be without children's media? :D:) I think sneezing has to be one of the easiest plot devices to use in kids' books/TV shows, mainly because of how cartoonish writers/authors can make it. Remember, these people we're talking about are wayyy too easily amused :hug:

Some of it is also to encourage healthy habits, like washing hands and not sneezing on people and dressing for the weather. But as for things in not directly educational situations, my guess is that it's a combination of what zneeze said, and that it's something universal: everyone sneezes, so every kids would be able to understand what's going on.

Children are fascinated by sneezing, especially when they are very young. They think it's funny and I think unless you begin to associate it with something unpleasant or embarrassing it's probably quite a generally pleasurable thing.

It's no joke! I just happened to be watching Sesame Street on the Spanish channel, and the skit consisted of Elmo and a bunch of kids singing a song about covering up when you sneeze. Of course it had a lot of "Achoo, Achoo" lyrics in it. While I applaud the PSA, I thought it has to be weird for people who are extra-sensitive to this stuff. No wonder the fixation can start at such an early age!

Archived