Sneeze Fetish Forum

Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day

zakandsara

This is part of my pact to write fics about every Amy Adams movie! Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day is a seriously amazing movie. It's so much fun to watch, so I suggest you all do! 

Okay, so if you're going to read this fic, watch this clip:       

I had a whole synopsis and everything typed up and realized that that clip has everything I wrote! So, please enjoy and I'm definitely going to continue this one. Comments, criticism, advice...I need it all! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Never before had Miss Guinevere  Pettigrew felt so alive. She surely would never have imagined herself in the home of such a social butterfly as Delysia Lafosse, and now here she was, engaging in casual conversation and giving lighthearted advice to Miss Lafosse, in her bedroom nonetheless, while she dressed for the evening. Miss Pettigrew was almost sure she was dreaming, but the smile she could feel forming on her face every two minutes reminded her she was not. 

"And now, Guinevere, Michael is out of prison, Phil is expecting me to perform for his father, and Nick...well, Nick just downright thinks he owns me! Oh, what'll I do, Guinevere?"

"Well, Miss Lafosse, it seems to me that you must simply choose the man with whom you are in love."

"Love, Guinevere?"

"Oh, yes. You cannot tell me that you do not love even one of these three gentlemen, Delysia. I know you must feel something in your heart for that one special man."

"Well, of course I feel something! But one man? I'm not sure I ca...can- Hah'tchi! Can just throw two of them aside like common street rats!"

Miss Pettigrew was taken slightly aback by Delysia's dainty outburst, as she wasn't used to seeing a beautiful, poised woman like Miss Lafosse do something as ordinary as sneeze. Then again, Miss Pettigrew wasn't used to seeing a woman like Delysia at all.

"God bless you, Miss Lafosse."

"Oh, thank you, Guinevere. I'm sorry about that, I haven't gotten around to dusting ever since Michael's returned." She giggled as she spoke those words and Miss Pettigrew couldn't help but smile. She didn't approve of Delysia's antics, but the way she spoke of her men reminded Miss Pettigrew how she'd once felt the same way. But that was long ago. 

"Quite alright, dear. Would you like me to do the dusting for you?"

"Oh, heavens no! What sort of social secretary would you be if I forced you to do my cleaning? No, Miss Pettigrew. You are here today to... to len- Hah'tshiew. Pardon me! To lend your brilliant advice. Now, shall I wear the blue dress or the red?"

Miss Pettigrew's jaw nearly dropped to the floor as she watched Delysia hold up each dress. The blue was a royal color and looked to Miss Pettigrew like something a queen would wear. It glittered in the morning light and Miss Pettigrew could only imagine how beautiful it would look on Delysia, hugging each of her curves and laying just right on the petite woman's body. But the red dress. The red dress was like something Miss Pettigrew had only seen before in the movies. It flowed gracefully on its hanger, reaching all the way down to the floor. Miss Pettigrew knew that this dress, this movie-star elegant dress, was certainly the one Delysia would have to wear tonight.

"Well, Guinevere? Which will it be?"

"The red, Miss Lafosse. It is without a doubt the most beautiful dress I've ever-"

"Hih-nt'chi!"

"Oh my, bless you! Are you sure you're alright, Miss Lafosse?"

"Thank you, Guinevere dear, but you mustn't be so worried about me! Like I said, I'm sure it's nothing more than dust."

Miss Pettigrew nodded and pried no more, for Delysia was by no means a stern woman, but was absolutely a strong-willed woman. If Delysia said she was alright, dammit, she was alright. 

*Bzzzz.* The buzzer to the flat abruptly went off, startling both Delysia and Miss Pettigrew. Delysia, however, knew exactly how to react and rushed to the bathroom to change. 

"Guinevere?" She called from behind the door to Miss Pettigrew, who was still standing stick-straight in Miss Lafosse's bedroom. "Be a darling and answer that, would you?"

"Of course," Miss Pettigrew, who was now on her way to the flat's entrance, called back.

She peered through the tiny hole in the door to see which man had come calling now. She couldn't quite make him out, as he didn't seem to be looking straight at her, until he buzzed again and Miss Pettigrew let out a sudden cry of distress.

"Delysia?" he called. "Is that you, love?"

It was Phil, the theater director's boy. If it were up to Miss Pettigrew, he wouldn't be allowed in. She knew Delysia only associated with him to ensure a leading role in his father's musical, but Miss Pettigrew, being the faithful friend she was, unwilling opened the door for him. 

"Ah, Guinevere! How nice to see you again, darling!" 

"And you, sir. Miss Lafosse will be out in just a moment, she's just dressing."

"Sure, sure. Mind if I go and lend her a hand?"

"Well, I-"

"No need, Phil, darling," Delysia proclaimed as she entered the room. She did look beautiful and it was evident that the red dress had been the right choice. 

"Delysia! Oh, I've missed you, darling! You're looking ravishing, as usual. Darling, when-"

"Heh-t'nnchh. Oh dear, pardon me, Phil, I seem to-"

"God bless you, darling! You're not coming down with anything, I hope."

"Of course not! It must be my perfume. I'm sure of it."

"Ah, well. We'll just have to wash it right off. Care for a bath, my love?"

"Oh, Phil, you know I can't! I have to plan for tonight. Besides, Guinevere and I are just about to go shopping, isn't that right, Guinevere?" As she said this, she gave Miss Pettigrew a look she had become rather accustomed to; a look that pleaded for help. Delysia had such a hard time saying no, especially to men, and Miss Pettigrew somehow always knew how to solve that problem. 

"Yes sir, we've got an appointment to keep. I'm terribly sorry, Phil, but you'll have to come back another day."

"I see. Delysia, my dear, I'll be back, you make note of it. We're taking that bath sooner or later." 

"Oh, Phil..." Miss Pettigrew knew what was coming next. Delysia was going to kiss him and forget all about the work they'd just put into getting Phil out of the flat. She was fully prepared to have to come up with a distraction to get Miss Lafosse away from him, but was spared the trouble when she saw Delysia pull away herself. 'Well done, Delysia,' Miss Pettigrew thought. Perhaps she had taught Miss Lafosse something after all. She was thrilled until she saw Delysia grabbing for the handkerchief she had hidden up her sleeve. She watched as the woman gracefully turned away from Phil and quietly sneezed into the hankie she had draped around her left hand. 

"Hah'tshhh." She turned back to Phil to apologize, but was immediately overtaken by another. And another. And another. "Haht-schishh! Hehh-tchiiii!" Miss Pettigrew rushed to the poor, stumbling woman, took her arm, and led her back into her bedroom. "Heh-t'SHII!" 

"God bless you! There, there, dear. I'll be back in a moment," Miss Pettigrew told Delysia, who was now sitting on the edge of her bed, sniffling and sneezing helplessly.

"Will she be alright?" Phil asked, sounding genuinely concerned. 

"Of course she will. Why don't you return tomorrow to see how she's doing?" 

"Well, alright. Let me say goodb-"

"I'll tell her for you. Goodbye, Phillip!" She said, forcing him out the door. Once she was sure he'd gone, Miss Pettigrew hurried back to Delysia's bedroom to tend to the woman.   

----------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys...what do you think?

Archived