Sneeze Fetish Forum

What is this fetish called?

Meowcat

Not really, most people consider it mucophilia :heart: [sure I didn't spell that right] but that is something completely different, as most of us are not a fan of the snot part of sneezing, so I don't think we have a formal name, unless someone else knows of one.

The clinical Latin term would be sternuphilia, but we aren't known as sternuphilics. If you google the word, you only get one result.

Not really, most people consider it mucophilia :heart: [sure I didn't spell that right] but that is something completely different, as most of us are not a fan of the snot part of sneezing, so I don't think we have a formal name, unless someone else knows of one.

I've heard that one.. it really bothers me because it's not a mucus fetish. :/ Many of us don't like that, as you just proved

The clinical Latin term would be sternuphilia, but we aren't known as sternuphilics. If you google the word, you only get one result.

Aw man.. I wish our fetish had at least a TINY bit more exposure, so there'd be more resources for us.

Well, two and a half well-run forums, a flourishing youtube community network, a few defunct-yet-well-stocked and loved old sites, and tons of clips4sale sites are pretty good by the standards of some fetishes. :heart:

Well, two and a half well-run forums, a flourishing youtube community network, a few defunct-yet-well-stocked and loved old sites, and tons of clips4sale sites are pretty good by the standards of some fetishes. :heart:

yea, agreed. and i don't know how i feel about more popularity...we've already been portrayed on a couple news stories...as freaks sometimes

Aw man.. I wish our fetish had at least a TINY bit more exposure, so there'd be more resources for us.

Yeah... there's a part of me that wishes we had more exposure (or at least positive exposure). In my sociology classes I'm learning about how hard it can be to be a minority group, not seeing yourself/your interests reflected in the media.

But, if sneeze fetishes were well-known in the general media, I'd be pretty freaked out that people I know might suspect mine. "Ya know, I've just noticed that I've never heard you sneeze in my entire life, and you always twitch awkwardly when I do.", etc, etc.

I personally am very satisfied with underground internet communities. :yes:

I have to agree with Raining Strawberry (still loving that username! xD). I'm perfectly happy for us to remain largely unknown. *Hides behind our anonymity*

I don't really agree with lumping mucophilia with sternuphilia. :unsure: I mean, they might be related and similar, but I don't have mucophilia. I have a sneezing fetish, but I'm actually quite mucophobic.

Yeah... there's a part of me that wishes we had more exposure (or at least positive exposure). In my sociology classes I'm learning about how hard it can be to be a minority group, not seeing yourself/your interests reflected in the media.

But, if sneeze fetishes were well-known in the general media, I'd be pretty freaked out that people I know might suspect mine. "Ya know, I've just noticed that I've never heard you sneeze in my entire life, and you always twitch awkwardly when I do.", etc, etc.

I personally am very satisfied with underground internet communities. :unsure:

Totally agree with Raining Strawberry, and also with Wolfmotaki...I like our anonymity, in a way it kind of makes you feel special, if that makes sense? And as far as names go, I think I just prefer to call myself a sneeze fetishist...like a lot of people here (as Oceanstar26 pointed out), I'm not really into the mucous side of things...it's purely the sneezing that does it for me :rolleyes:

I don't really agree with lumping mucophilia with sternuphilia. :D I mean, they might be related and similar, but I don't have mucophilia. I have a sneezing fetish, but I'm actually quite mucophobic.

What if one likes mucus and sneezing?????

I've said this before, but philias and phobias should be constructed from Greek roots;

So, it should be Ptarnophilia or possibly Ptarmophilia; or even my favourite Ptaerophilia. Except that in American that would be confused with Pterophilia, love of wings.

And yes, they are Englishwords; now...

I've said this before, but philias and phobias should be constructed from Greek roots;

So, it should be Ptarnophilia or possibly Ptarmophilia; or even my favourite Ptaerophilia. Except that in American that would be confused with Pterophilia, love of wings.

You are adorable when you're pedantic. I hope you know that about yourself.

You are adorable when you're pedantic. I hope you know that about yourself.

:bleh:

Seconded!

(with apologies to Meowcat for the digression!)

Archived