Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dry sneezes...curious

Wishing

Ok, over the months I have been with my partner, I have observed something (well a fair bit actually! :bleh: ) about his sneezing habits. Now he doesn't really sneeze that often, even when he has a cold it's mostly a few singles with the occasional double. What I have noticed though is that every now and then....usually when we're sitting watching TV or a film or something in the evenings...he will sneeze a random double that comes out of nowhere, but he never sniffles at all afterwards, it's like a completely dry sneeze, no mucous or anything. Personally this doesn't happen to me...I tend to be quite sniffly anyway a lot of the time (due to sinus problems/allergies), and when I sneeze, especially a double, I usually need to blow my nose afterwards.

I'm curious to know how many people can get away with sneezing more than once, and NOT feeling like they need to sniff or blow their nose...how common is this?

The other thing I have noticed is that he (and I, come to that) tend to sneeze more when we're drinking red wine. I have heard that has high levels of histamine, but as yet don't know if it would be enough to cause sneezing, etc? I know if I have more than a couple of glasses of it, I end up feeling very congested too. Hmm, interesting....

It is rare for someone to sneeze and not be sniffly afterward. The wine causes an increase in histimines and sensitivity in nerves.

I sneeze a hell of a lot and don't always need to blow my nose or feel sniffly afterwards. There are times when I'm worse than others but sometimes it's just like my nose is really irritated and I need to get the sneezes out but my nose doesn't feel wet.

As for the red wine issue - I sneeze loads when I've been drinking red wine, it affects me a lot and I've heard it's to do with the histamines too - shame as it's my favourite drink :bleh:

xx

This is curious... I've never had this sort of dry sneeze that you describe.

I'm not a very sneezy person in general- I don't suffer from allergies, sinus problems, or anything like that. When I sneeze, it's usually a random single- but I always feel sniffly afterwards, and I feel more comfortable if I can blow my nose.

Your partner certainly has interesting sneezes! ^_^ I've heard the red wine thing is quite common too (though it doesn't affect me).

I'm typically a very dry sneezer unless I have a cold or my allergies are bothering me. I'm quite happy about that, actually. :lmfao: I'm not into the messy stuff. Also, I pretty much sneeze 7 times just about every time - always dry! Doesn't matter that there are a bunch.

And I'm with Sneezles...red wine makes me super sneezy. It's my favorite drink as well. ^_^

Count me among the messy ones. The manufacturer of Puffs makes most of their profit off of me! :lmfao: I don't know anyone else who has a box of tissues in every single room in the house (that would be 9 rooms, if you're wondering). ^_^

I've never experienced it myself, but if I buy a case of top quality shiraz, in which order should I visit you ladies? :)

I don't really sneeze all that much, but I always have to sniff a bit after :) I've noticed quite a few people, especially guys, seem to "dry sneeze" though. I don't get it :)

I'm amongst the messy sneezers too :)

So I'm particularly cautious about sneezing in public :)

My bf is a dry/multiple sneezer though.

I think quite a lot of people are like Wishing4sneezes. That is, if there is only one sneeze, then there won't be much in the way of sniffles (and perhaps nothing at all for some people), but if there are more, that's when you have to blow. I know that if I just sneeze once, mostly I won't need to blow at all, but after a sneeze or two it becomes urgent... and by four or five, action needs to be taken ... urgently.

I don't know if I count since I rarely sneeze more than once, but I'm usually not very sniffly after at all. I usually sniff once, but honestly it's less because of wetness and more in the hope that another sneeze might be hiding somewhere in there. :) Usually not though.

im never sniffly after i sneeze the only time i would be sniffly after i sneeze is if i had a cold otherwise i think my sneezes are dry too

I've never experienced it myself, but if I buy a case of top quality shiraz, in which order should I visit you ladies? :unsure:

Me first please! <_<

And you are right, atchoum, I am exactly like that. One sneeze and I'm generally ok...two and I sniffle, more than that and I need to blow, otherwise it gets messy.

Thanks everyone for the input, it's interesting to observe the differences between how sneezing affects us all.

Now....need to go shopping and get some more red wine (it's my favourite drink too) :rolleyes:

Archived