Sneeze Fetish Forum

questions for people with mental blocks

sneezedreamer

First off, my apologies if a similar topic is floating around here somwehere, but I didn't notice one.

I've never really had a mental block with sneezing before, but I know many of us here do. For those of you that do...who or what do you have the block around? Just one person? Your whole family? Another fetishist? Everyone? Do you block just in a certain place, like your workplace, or your family's house?

I'm also curious to know when exactly this block develops in people. How old were you when you developed the block, and was this only after you recognized your interest in sneezing as a fetish, or did it start before?

I can sneeze easily enough in front of my nearest family. Among strangers it's not too bad either as long as I don't think anyone is watching me. I think it's when I am with friends it's the worst. I think it's partly because there's quite a lot of build up and I don't like the fact that they may be looking at me. I find it horribly off-putting and sadly my sneezes are quite easily frightened off.

As for when it happened, I know as a child I always tried to control my sneezes so I wouldn't make too much noise and draw attention to myself so I generally stifled back then. So I guess the mental block must have come more firmly into place later.....or maybe I'm just generally less sneezy now than I was then. Anyway, all in all it's a frustrating problem for someone who loves to sneeze.

Ugh, I have a terrible mental block, I can't sneeze in front of anyone, ever, especially J. I think mine is so bad because my mom would make fun of how I sneeze and always say something about it if I sneezed around her, and I HATE that, so now I'm scared to sneeze unless I'm alone, and even then I have to stifle and make barely any sound. J is trying to help me overcome it and I've tried inducing over the phone with him but I can't even do that. It's sooo frustrating :crazy: I have been able to stifle a few times at work though [i'm allergic to some things there] but I always have to make sure no one is around. I'm stupid about it :puke:

I have the mental block and rarely sneeze in front of anyone except my wife. I guess I feel quite comfortable around her. As far as anyone else hearing me sneeze, it only occasionaly happens. I have had this since early childhood and just simply do not like sneezing in front of others. I have gotten a little bit better about this and have sneezed a few times at work in this past month. I am sort of hoping this is going away, but I still have a long ways to go.

I don't ever, ever sneeze in public or even in private unless I'm completely sure no one's within earshot xD This applies to everyone - family, friends, strangers. I've had this since I was really little; I remember when I was about three, I used to wait until I could go hide under my bed and smother it in my pillow. Yay for body control xD I wasn't aware then that I had a fetish, but I did know that I found it more interesting that I "should" when my friends sneezed around me and I especially liked it when characters got sick or sneezed in books. One of my favourite books was all about a nasty cold going around the main character's class...good memories :P So yeah, I can't remember not being aware that I liked sneezing or not having a mental block.

I don't ever, ever sneeze in public or even in private unless I'm completely sure no one's within earshot xD This applies to everyone - family, friends, strangers. I've had this since I was really little; I remember when I was about three, I used to wait until I could go hide under my bed and smother it in my pillow. Yay for body control xD I wasn't aware then that I had a fetish, but I did know that I found it more interesting that I "should" when my friends sneezed around me and I especially liked it when characters got sick or sneezed in books. One of my favourite books was all about a nasty cold going around the main character's class...good memories :P So yeah, I can't remember not being aware that I liked sneezing or not having a mental block.

Absolutely the same for me. Except for that book, I never had the pleasure of stumbling upon anything like that. But all the rest holds true.

I've stifled my sneezes since I was really little-- can't ever remember a time when I allowed myself to sneeze, ever. I didn't think I had a mental block until fairly recently, when I had a lightbulb moment and realized that there was no reason to stifle when I was home alone. My induced sneezes have never been all that great, so I was pretty excited about finally allowing myself to do it naturally... until... they never happened.

I'd get the sneezy feeling, it'd build up a bit, but then it'd go away. This has been making me crazy for the past couple of months or so. I always have to stifle when other people are around, because I don't want to sneeze in front of them, but when it's just me, I outright can't.

I have a block against myself apparently. B) The only explanation I can come up with is I was always I guess "afraid" to sneeze, so doing it naturally still makes my brain go, "NO!" I think if I manage it once, it'll get easier...

Wow. Sorry I write so much.

Ugh, I have a terrible mental block, I can't sneeze in front of anyone, ever, especially J. I think mine is so bad because my mom would make fun of how I sneeze and always say something about it if I sneezed around her, and I HATE that, so now I'm scared to sneeze unless I'm alone, and even then I have to stifle and make barely any sound. J is trying to help me overcome it and I've tried inducing over the phone with him but I can't even do that. It's sooo frustrating :frust: I have been able to stifle a few times at work though [i'm allergic to some things there] but I always have to make sure no one is around. I'm stupid about it :consoling:

Oh, I'm so sorry! I would hate it if my mother (or anyone else) made fun of my sneeze...I'm tramautized enough by the times people called attention to a sneeze of mine when I was a kid. And don't beat yourself up about it, I'm sure you'll get more comfortable with it eventually. :hug: Not to threadjack my own topic too badly, but what method do you use to induce? I've had the best luck with q-tips and dental floss threaders...they're more reliable than pepper, don't get soggy like tissues sometimes can, and they're not too sharp or painful.

I've stifled my sneezes since I was really little-- can't ever remember a time when I allowed myself to sneeze, ever. I didn't think I had a mental block until fairly recently, when I had a lightbulb moment and realized that there was no reason to stifle when I was home alone. My induced sneezes have never been all that great, so I was pretty excited about finally allowing myself to do it naturally... until... they never happened.

I'd get the sneezy feeling, it'd build up a bit, but then it'd go away. This has been making me crazy for the past couple of months or so. I always have to stifle when other people are around, because I don't want to sneeze in front of them, but when it's just me, I outright can't.

I have a block against myself apparently. :lol: The only explanation I can come up with is I was always I guess "afraid" to sneeze, so doing it naturally still makes my brain go, "NO!" I think if I manage it once, it'll get easier...

Wow. Sorry I write so much.

Don't be sorry at all! This is all very enlightening for me. B) Best of luck with with the natural sneezing!

Archived