Sneeze Fetish Forum

More Than Lovesick-A Jonas Story-M

Sneesee

Here is the story that came from stargazer's plot bunny request! I didn't really do a lot of editing, just sort of wrote this, and was anxious to post it for stargazer. I hope you like it, fellow Jonas/Zac Efron fan!

Title: More than Lovesick

Fandom: Jonas TV Show

Characters: Nick, Joe, Kevin, their Dad, Stella, and Macy

Summary: Nick catches a cold from Joe. This is how I would’ve written the follow-up episode to “Lovesick.” LOL

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Jonas Brothers, although I’ve had fun torturing them! Disney owns them. Also, I tried really hard to portray the boys correctly. And if you have never watched this show, then you may not get everything.

Before Nick was even out of bed, he heard Joe and Kevin wrestling nearby. Joe must be feeling better, Nick mused.

“Can you guys please knock it off? I’m still sleeping here,” Nick moaned hoarsely.

“Not anymore!” Kevin yelled and jumped on Nick’s bed.

“Kevin!”

“It’s time to get up, Mr. Crabby Pants!”

“Kev’s right, Nick, we have to rehearse today for the school talent show,” Joe added, sitting down on the end of the bed.

Nick knew he wasn’t going to get any more rest with his brothers hanging out on his bed. And that was bad because he was still really tired.

“I’m tired, can’t it wait a few more hours?” Nick whined. He cleared his throat, not liking the way his voice sounded. It wasn’t usually so gravely, even when just waking up.

“Are you okay, Nick?” Joe asked with a concerned frown.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Nick said, voice cracking lightly on the word “fine.” He cleared his throat again and said, “Why do you ask?”

“Your voice sounds a little funny.”

“Thanks a lot Joe. You know, your voice wasn’t so hot this past week with your cold,” Nick growled.

“I know. Did you catch my cold or something?”

Nick hated to think Joe might be right, and wouldn’t even admit it was a possibility.

“No.”

Kevin got right up in Nick’s face and stared him in the eye.

“I don’t know, Nick, I think Joe may be right. Your eyes are all bloodshot, and you’re kind of grouchy. And you sound more nasally than normal.”

Nick pushed Kevin away forcibly, yet gently.

“I’m fine guys, I just didn’t sleep well last night,” he lied. Well, it wasn’t exactly a lie. He hadn’t slept much because he’d had a tiny bit of trouble breathing through his nose.

“Well you’re being awfully crabby today,” Kevin stated, crossing his arms.

“Well, not any more than usual,” Joe said thoughtfully.

“True.”

“Enough!” Nick shouted, and then immediately regretted it. His throat went from being a little scratchy to sore as soon as he raised his voice.

“Why don’t you eat some breakfast, Mr. Crabby Pants?” Kevin suggested. He and Joe rose from Nick’s bed and started walking to the kitchen.

Nick mimicked Kevin and made a face, knowing Kevin would neither hear nor see him. He wasn’t even sure he could eat at the moment, because of his throat.

“Would you like some tea with your breakfast, Master Crabby Pants?” Joe called from the kitchen in an awful English accent.

“Yes please, thanks,” Nick said loudly, without yelling. Still made his throat hurt, though.

He got up and shuffled into the kitchen, running his hands through his sleep-mussed hair. Bless his brothers, they were actually making breakfast for him. He made a mental note to not be so crabby with them, even if he was getting sick. Which he still hoped he wasn’t.

Kevin pulled a chair out dramatically for Nick to sit down. Nick was somewhat amused as he watched his brothers fumble about the kitchen. While they worked, the strangest sensation washed over him. It started as just an itsy bitsy tickle somewhere in the back of his nostrils. With each breath Nick took, the feeling intensified, and he guessed that he was about to sneeze very soon. There was no time to get up and run to the bathroom, since his brothers already thought he was acting strangely. All he could do was try and hold it in. Only, he wasn’t actually good at doing that.

His nostrils quivered, and eventually he took that last desperate breath that finally triggered the nasal explosion.

Heh-chuh! Eh-chih!”

He tried to muffle the sneezes, but Joe and Kevin stopped what they were doing, dropped their jaws, and stared at him.

“Who sneezed? Was it you, Joe?”

Nick groaned at the sound of his dad’s voice and footsteps. The last thing he needed was his dad to think he might be sick.

“No dad! It was Nick!” Joe said with a big grin. Nick could kill him.

“Oh no, Nick,” his dad said as he walked into the kitchen and stood with his hands on his hips. “Are you sick now, too?”

“No,” Nick said, even though another sneeze was hanging in the balance. If he could only hold his breath…

Ah-chuuu!”

“Aw Nick, I don’t believe it.”

“Nick caught your cold. Nice job, Joe,” Kevin reprimanded.

“It isn’t my fault!” Joe defended himself.

Eh-chuh! Heh-chuuu!”

Nick kept sneezing. And with every sneeze, his nasal passages became more and more congested. It was pretty obvious that he’d caught Joe’s cold.

“Thanks a lot, Joe,” Nick muttered as he got up and went in search of some tissues.

“You’re gonna have to get back in bed, young man.”

Nick blew his nose and made another face. The tissue hid it so his dad wouldn’t see. He supposed being in bed wasn’t such a horrible thing because he might get some more sleep. He just didn’t like being told to do it, especially by his father.

“Listen bud, if you stay in bed and get better, I won’t even tell mom. Wouldn’t want her hounding you, would you?”

Nick grabbed the whole box of tissues, and sank back into his bed, pulling the covers all the way up to his chin. His dad sat down next to him on his bed.

“I’ll even have Joe and Kevin get you whatever you need, okay?”

“Fine,” Nick mumbled. The warmth of his bed was comforting, and having his brothers wait on him could be sort of fun.

“Rest those pipes, buddy. You boys have a lot of performances coming up later this week, and we need you in tip- top shape,” his dad said and ruffled his hair as if he were 8 years old again.

“Yeah, dad.”

“Joe! Kevin! Bring Nick his breakfast and tea in bed!”

Nick smiled at the collective groans from his brothers. Oh yeah, being sick had a few advantages.

“Take it easy, bud.”

Joe and Kevin trudged in just as their dad left. They both plopped on the bed, and Kevin handed Nick a cup of tea. The steam from the tea lightly tickled Nick’s nose, enough to cause a few more sneezes.

Heh-chuu! Eh-chih! Heh-eh-chuh!”

Even though he desperately tried to cover it, he sneezed once into his tea, spraying some of it on Kevin.

“Bless you, Nick,” Joe said from his safe spot at the end of the bed.

“Aw man, thanks a lot, Nick,” Kevin whined and stood. “If I catch this cold, I’m holding both you and Joe responsible.”

Kevin stalked off, and Joe snickered. Kevin laughed and then started coughing a bit.

“Hey meng, I’m really sorry you caught my cold,” Joe apologized.

“Eh, it’s no big deal. I’ll get over it eventually,” he said and sniffled.

“It wasn’t so bad, except for when I lost my voice.”

“Yeah, but ‘Lovesick’ sounded really cool the way we performed it for Great Morning USA, didn’t it?” Nick said with a little smile.

“Yeah it did, didn’t it?” Joe agreed. “If you lose your voice, which I hope you don’t, we could just make our whole set acoustic and bluesy like that.”

Nick nodded. Then he quickly grabbed another tissue and muffled several more sneezes into it.

“Come on, Joe, let’s let our patient get some rest, shall we?” Kevin said as he re-entered the room and gathered up Joe by the arm.

“Sleep tight little Nick,” they both said and finally left him alone.

Nick took a deep breath, coughed a few times, and then laid his head down on the pillow, falling asleep almost immediately.

After having spent his entire Sunday in bed, Nick was looking forward to going to school on Monday. Only when he woke up, his voice was almost totally gone.

“Nick, I think I’d like you to stay home from school today.”

Nick didn’t want to spend the day at home, in bed again. Plus he had a math test he couldn’t miss.

“But dad,” he whispered.

“How are you supposed to go to school when you can’t even speak above a whisper?”

“I was able to translate for Joe when he was sick, I could do the same for Nick,” Kevin offered with a grin. “I’m pretty good at it, actually.”

Nick rolled his eyes at the thought of Kevin “translating” for him.

“I don’t know. I really think Nick should rest some more.”

“Dad, I can’t lie around any more, I’m bored,” he said softly.

“He said, ‘Dad, I can’t lie around any more, I’m bored’,” Kevin mimicked, sounding exactly like Nick.

Joe groaned, obviously recalling how Kevin had translated for him and Stella just a few days before.

Nick was about to say something else, but a tickling sensation in his nose prevented him from speaking. In fact, he paused, breathing slowly as the feeling grew in intensity.

EH-CHUH!”

The sneeze was so powerful it practically bent him in half.

“Nick said, ‘EH-CHUH!” Kevin proudly imitated the sneeze.

“Bless you, Nick,” Joe said. “Dad, I’ll keep an eye on Nick at school. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Right Nick?”

Heh-chiu!” was Nick’s reply.

“Like I said, he’ll be fine, I promise, Dad,” Joe prodded. Nick was glad he had Joe in his corner. He just didn’t think he could sit around for another whole day, with only his dad to keep him company.

“I don’t know guys, I really think Nick needs another day to rest.”

Nick frowned, cleared his throat and said, “I have a super important math test today.”

Of course, he barely croaked the words out. He sounded like a toad or something.

“Nick said, ‘I have a super important math test today.’”

Nick and Joe both groaned and rolled their eyes at Kevin’s impression of Nick’s hoarse voice.

Their dad sighed and shrugged his shoulders. “I guess if you feel you need to go to school, then you can go. But you call me if you want to come home, okay?”

Nick nodded enthusiastically. His brothers shoved him into the bathroom to shower so they could get to school on time.

At school, Nick did his best not to talk, since it aggravated his sore throat. Thankfully, he wasn’t as much of a social butterfly as his two brothers, and no one expected him to be chatty.

During a break after his big math test, Nick sat in the quad, brooding. He still felt horrible, and kind of wanted to go home. People were beginning to annoy him with their stares. Of course, he was probably just being overly sensitive and irritated.

Joe, Stella, and Macy were huddled together in a group nearby. Nick was sure he heard his name mentioned, and cringed. He disliked being the subject of hushed conversation. He was glad he’d brought a pack of tissues with him to school, although he only had a few left and needed one desperately. He pulled it out, and even though he was trying not to be dramatic about it, he stood up and gave in to a powerfully huge sneeze.

HEH-CHOOO!”

Joe, Stella, and Macy all stopped talking and gaped at him.

“Bless you, Nick!” Stella exclaimed.

Nick thanked her, blew his nose, stuffed the tissue back into his pocket, and sat back down.

“Oh my gosh, Joe, can you get me that tissue later?” Macy asked, not really keeping her voice quiet.

Nick cringed again. Joe just shook his head.

“Joe, you should take him home,” Stella said in a motherly tone. “He needs to be in bed.”

Nick shivered and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, and thought to himself that perhaps Stella was right.

Joe came and sat down next to Nick.

“Do you want to go home? I can call dad.”

“Yeah, I think so,” Nick sighed.

“Okay bud, I’ll go call him.”

Nick had done what he needed to do at school, and was relieved to go home to a nice warm bed. His next project was to get better so that they could play at the school’s talent show, and sound halfway decent. Between his brothers, Stella, and his dad doting on him, he knew he’d be on the mend soon. As he drifted off to sleep, he thought he saw Joe take something out of the pocket of his jeans. He seriously hoped he was just imagining things.

The End

I love this! The show is absolutey ridiculous (but quite amusing to watch), and you captured it very well. And Nick is my favorite, so doubly yay there. And Kevin "translating" was the funniest part of the show

Woot! A Sneesee coldfic! Sadly I've never seen the show so I probably didn't "get" everything but your writing was still as delicious as ever.

B)

That was great! :laugh: Thank you so much. I didn't even think of a follow up to "Lovesick." I must have been out of it the days I watched that episode. I loved how you even kept Kevin translating in your story. That was hilarious. I can totally picture it in my mind. Thank you...thank you...thank you. ;)

If this website hasn't peaked my interest at fandoms I usually dislike, then I don't know what has. The Jonas Brothers have never interested me until today. That fic was ultra adorable, and you had nice spacing with the events. Oh so cute, thanks for writing it!!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it because I really had fun writing it! ;) I also have a new appreciation for Nick after having tortured him. :D

• 1 month later...

Gah, this was yummy.

I never really liked the JoBros that much, but you sparked an interest in them for me. Plus, a sexy sniffly Nick is just what I needed today! Good job! :hug:

Archived