Sneeze Fetish Forum

When 'Bless you' or 'Gesundheit' is ANNOYING

zneeze

I enjoy being blessed. But only by attractive girls. No guys. No family.

My dad is one of those people who, when you say a weird-sounding word or name like "shih tzu" or "Nnamdi Asomugha" (<-- doesn't even sound like a sneeze!), will say "Bless you!" to be "funny." ANNOYING. :angry:

Now that I think about it, if I knew a girl who did that, I'd file it under "Subtly-bringing-up-sneezing-and-therefore-awesome," not "Annoying." :laugh:

Thoughts?

:laugh: Perhaps it's just crazy annoying because it's a family member? I mean, that's usually kind of annoying in general, unless as you mentioned it may be someone you're attracted to...:angry: But from a family member? Stab me in the ear. You know?
My dad is one of those people who, when you say a weird-sounding word or name like "shih tzu" or "Nnamdi Asomugha" (<-- doesn't even sound like a sneeze!), will say "Bless you!" to be "funny." ANNOYING. :laugh:

Gaaaah. Yeah. Thankfully I'm not around people who do that too often, but it annoys the hell out of me when I am. I never sneeze in front of anybody, so having anyone think I sneezed really bothers me. Aside from making me squirm because of the fetish, it's preeeetty rude and racist.

But from a family member? Stab me in the ear. You know?

Yes. That too. :angry:

My dad is one of those people who, when you say a weird-sounding word or name like "shih tzu" or "Nnamdi Asomugha" (<-- doesn't even sound like a sneeze!), will say "Bless you!" to be "funny." ANNOYING. :angry:

Gaaaah. Yeah. Thankfully I'm not around people who do that too often, but it annoys the hell out of me when I am. I never sneeze in front of anybody, so having anyone think I sneezed really bothers me. Aside from making me squirm because of the fetish, it's preeeetty rude and racist.

Yes. That too. :yuck:

I must be lucky, no one in my family is in the habit of saying 'bless you'. My mum used to when I was younger and I HATED it with a vengeance, but she doesn't now (mind you I can't remember the last time I actually sneezed in front of her, as I don't see her very often). What really is annoying though, is when I have a fit and someone insists on blessing me after every sneeze....if I could get a word in between sneezes (and with allergies that's not always possible) I would tell them to shut up and wait till I've finished! :laugh:

Hngggg. Alright, that's cute. Boys liking being blessed by girls, I mean. Because I'm one of those girls who likes being blessed by guys (but only cute ones)!

And. Oh my God. That sounds awful. I don't know anyone who does that (nobody around here is big on blessing, it seems) but you certainly have my sympathy, dude..

The thing that I hate is when a teacher stops a lecture in class to bless you when you sneeze. But only if it's me who did so. If it's anyone else, the attention they get, however small it may be, just amps the cuteness of the moment. And yeah, with parents it's always awkwardly gross.

I don't sneeze in front of people so I don't ever get blessed, but I find it annoying when my parents bless my siblings. Hey, why not draw MORE attention to it, yeah, great >.< It's also extremely annoying when people EXPECT to be blessed...I find it rather uncomfortable blessing people unless they're a guy I'm attracted to.

Lamborghini
My dad is one of those people who, when you say a weird-sounding word or name like "shih tzu" or "Nnamdi Asomugha" (<-- doesn't even sound like a sneeze!), will say "Bless you!" to be "funny." ANNOYING. :D

Yes. That too. :D

Why is it racist?

Lamborghini

My dad does the same thing. And then I want to curl up in a ball and die because it's so embarrassing.

And I was raised in a family where manners were strictly enforced, so they yelled at me when I wouldn't say Bless You because it was 'disrespectful.' Now, I get away with it because...well, my parents have gotten more laid back. But still.

Why is it racist?

Lamborghini

Hm, maybe 'racist' isn't the right word. I'm not 100% sure what word exactly I'm looking for. I guess I sort of see it that way because I hear someone say "bless you" as a joke in response to a non sneeze related word, the word is often one that doesn't originate in English or another European language. So to me making that joke seems a bit Eurocentric, is all.

I'm sorry, I really don't want to set off a debate on this or anything... it just irks me a bit. This isn't the Snake Pit, so I'll watch what I say a bit more. :D

Mod Note: Fixed tags ~Mute

Well, I'll admit, it's kind of lame when people bless words like "shih tzu"...but, I'll also admit that I've done it it before! :lol: Not very often, but I have. I have a really weird and stupid sense of humor sometimes. :) But I'm pretty sure I've only blessed words that ACTUALLY sound like a sneeze (or at least did when the speaker said them).

But one time when I actually thought this was AWESOME? Just last night, I was out with a friend. I rarely give audible burps, like, ever, but all of a sudden I did. And she said bless you! :lmfao: I laughed like an idiot for about five minutes.

And I was raised in a family where manners were strictly enforced, so they yelled at me when I wouldn't say Bless You because it was 'disrespectful.'

UGH, my mom is the same way! :) It's annoying. Ignoring them is far easier :lmfao:

Archived