Sneeze Fetish Forum

Jasper Fforde's book, Shades of Grey

allergyboy2001

From Shades of Gray (Viking Penguin, 2009, hardcover), the latest book by British author Jasper Fforde, most famous for his book The Eyre Affair:

p.48 “I hailed our unseen lodger again, then, not receiving any answer, slowly began to climb the stairs. I got to just within sight of the top corridor when my eyes started to water, and I sneezed. By the tenth step I was sneezing almost continuously, aggressive, painful explosions that welled up spontaneously and caused my eyes to water so badly my vision blurred. I beat a hasty retreat to the second-floor landing, where the fit ceased as quickly as it had begun. I wiped my eyes with my handkerchief, and tried again. On the ninth step and sixth sneeze, I gave up and returned to the landing, mildly confused and with a runny nose.”

Sounds very nice! I've read The Eyre Affair and enjoyed it. Would you recommend the book even without the sneezing?

I definitely enjoyed it, it was fun and different. But it takes a while to get into (understand what's going on), and the second book in the series may not come out until 2014!

Archived