Sneeze Fetish Forum

Tuesdays (Glee Fic, M, Finn)

Jazz

Okay, so I wrote this story for Crazi when we were talking about Glee in the Live Chat. A special thanks to obsessed, who helped me with ideas when I got stuck. (:

Enjoy?

- - - -

Every Tuesday, Rachel asked Mr. Schuester if she could borrow the auditorium after school to practice the numbers they were preparing for Regionals. She knew that with a certain amount of hard work and dedication, New Directions could most definitely beat Vocal Adrenaline. It was just a matter of staying focused. So once a week, she stayed for an extra hour in the auditorium, a one woman show performing for an empty audience.

On this particular Tuesday, however, a staff meeting was being held in that room, and try as she may, Rachel could not convince Principal Figgins to move the meeting elsewhere. The truth was that there wasn’t another room large enough for all of the faculty. “I’m sorry,” he had said to her, “but you are going to have to reschedule. We must have the meeting there.” She huffed and pouted for a moment.

What was she supposed to do? She had already missed her bus and neither of her fathers were home. She would have to walk home. It wasn’t so bad, though, considering it was a relatively warm spring day and there was no football or anything, so she could cut through the field. Easy enough. But she was still disappointed about not being able to practice. They just won sectionals, so they needed to stay on their game to ensure they were good enough for Regionals.

With her bag on her shoulder and her iPod on, Rachel began her journey home. As soon as she stepped outside, she was delighted. It was beautiful out. All the flowers had started blooming and a light breeze made the air comfortably cool.

She enjoyed how empty the school was once everyone had left. Even the football field seemed less busy as she walked through it; the Cheerios began utilizing the gym for occasional indoor practices and football season was over. She was over half way across the field when a quiet noise got her attention.

hh’KTSH!

She paused, looking around. She hadn’t noticed anyone, but she certainly just heard a sneeze. A glance over at the bleachers confirmed her suspicion. There was someone else on the field. She squinted her eyes a little bit. If she didn’t know any better, she would say that the person sitting on the bleachers was Finn. Looking closer, she noticed he was wearing a striped blue Aeropostale shirt. The same shirt Finn was wearing today. So it was him.

Unsure of whether to walk over or not, Rachel continued to look at him. His hands hid his face and it looked a little like he was crying. Concerned for his wellbeing, Rachel crossed the field and walked over to where Finn was sitting. He didn’t seem to notice her. Instead, he rubbed at his nose in frustration. ”ihheh…hh’KSH-ah! Heh’PTSH-ah!

“Bless you, Finn. What are you doing up here by yourself?” She asked curiously, smoothing her skirt as she sat down next to him. Finn jumped in surprise at the sound of her voice, cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. He came up to the bleachers to be miserable in peace.

He shrugged. “Nothing really. Just…hehh…just wanted- hh’KTSH!” He sneezed openly and to the side, not bothering to cover his face anymore. He’d tried at first, but after having to wipe his hands on his jeans so many times, he just gave up.

“Bless y-“

Finn shook his head, eyes still closed. “heh’KTSH-ah! hh’TSCH! Hheh…one…m-more…heh’TCH-ah!” He sniffled wetly, rubbing at his pink nose.

“Bless you.” Rachel looked at him, concern knitting her brows. “Are you alright?”

He nodded, blinking back allergic tears. “Yeah. I was just saying I came up here just to chill. You know, be alone for a little bit? I figured this would…be the best…place…hh’ETSH! ‘KTSH!” Finn’s nose was running at about a mile a minute and he had to keep sniffling to keep it in check.

Rachel looked at him understandingly; it was only a few days ago that she had told him that Quinn’s baby wasn’t his. She was sure it must be taking a toll on him. “I know what you mean. Finn, if you don’t mind me asking, are you ill? You’ve sneezed an awful lot since I’ve been up here. You shouldn’t be outside if you’re sick.”

Finn shook his head, sneezing again into the crook of his elbow. “Hh’KSH-ah! No…I’m not…sick. I just…hh…just have allergies.” The pitch of his voice raised as he reached the end of his sentence and he pitched forward with another “Hah’TSCH!

“Allergies, Finn? To what, pollen?” He nodded, rubbing at his watery eyes and leaning back against the fence atop the bleachers. “Finn, you realize the pollen count is ridiculously high today? Why would you be out here?” He shrugged again, embarrassment and shame written all over his face. “Come on, you can talk to me. We’re friends, aren’t we?”

“I skipped basketball practice today. I couldn’t…I couldn’t do it, okay? Puck’s in there, and I still want to cave his face in. And Quinn’s there, watching him, and she’s wearing one of those shirts. The ones that make her look especially pregnant. And I couldn’t do it! I just couldn’t.” Tears welled up in his eyes, and Rachel couldn’t tell if they were from pollen or from genuine emotion. “And I don’t want to go home because Mom will want to know why I’m early and I don’t feel like telling her everything, you know? And I just…I just…”

He paused, eyes closing and nostrils flaring. “Hh’EHTSH! Hah’TSCH-ah!

“Bless you,” Rachel said sadly. His story was heart wrenching and it made her stomach tie in sad knots. He was practically punishing himself because other people had hurt him. She fished around in her bag for a minute, extracting a travel size pack of tissues and handing them to him. He needed them more than she probably ever would.

He took them and, pulling one out quickly, managed to cover another sneeze. “’TSHUH! I just…I feel like I’ve got nowhere to go right now except out here. Even sneezing up my guts is better than being in there with them.” He took another tissue and wiped his running nose. “At least I have tissues now.” He managed a small smile. “Thanks, by the way.”

Rachel nodded. “Not a problem,” she said. But the gears in her brain were turning. She couldn’t very well leave him in this state by himself; one travel size pack of tissues is not going to last that long. “Finn, do you want to come to my house?”

Finn looked at her confusedly. “I mean, it’s not that far. I have to walk today, but you’re more than welcome to join me and you can get away from all the pollen once you’re inside. That way you can kill a few hours without killing yourself. Plus, I’ve got more tissues there.”

He looked at the small pack in his hand. It held maybe ten, fifteen. If he was going to be outside for another two hours, he’d easily go through three times that. “Are you sure?” He asked hesitantly. “I…hh’KSH! hHP’TSCH! I don’t want to intrude.”

“Really, Finn. It’s fine. C’mon, let’s go.” She stood up, grabbing her bag again and heading down the stairs. “My house is a mile away, so you might want to make those tissues last.” Finn laughed, sniffling hard as he followed her down the stairs.

This Tuesday was not like any of Rachel Berry’s typical Tuesdays, but somehow, she found it significantly better. Those teachers could have the auditorium. She’d take Finn over that any day, sniffly and sneezy or not.

- - -

I hope you liked it. :D Concrit?

Eek! It's done! :D

You're a really good writer. This was adorable, and I love your writing style.

I even managed to tune out Rachel's voice. XD

I know I told you this in the chat, but gosh!! It is just so cute!! I don't watch Glee, but ohh... So adorable! Great job!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

JAZZ YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I don't actually watch Glee, but I have heard the songs, and they are pretty good (I'm a singer myself), so I imagine the series is even better.

This piece is pretty amazing, and I would love to see more!

Please continue!!!!! :(:P:winkkiss:

Archived