Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kingdom Hearts fic

keeti

Title: Trio of colds

Author: keeti

Fandom: Kingdom Hearts

Disclaimer: I don’t own Kingdom Hearts

Summary: Lexaeus catches himself a cold which spreads to the rest of the basement trio. Despite the unpleasantness of their sicknesses, they take comfort in going through the dreadful experience together.

Authors Notes: I was surprised and disappointed not to find any KH stories on here (correct me if I’m wrong) but I haven’t seen any. I’ve been searching for some of them but luckily I can supply my own and maybe there’s some other people wanting them too. I like Supernatural or the other popular series on here but it’s nice to read something from a new series and I love Kingdom Hearts. It’s my first time posting here but I have a ton of stories on my fanfiction.net account, XIV with a heart, that follow an OC storyline of the game which focuses on Organization XIII and I gradually put more and more sneezes in there including 2 separate bouts of colds, 1 allergy attack and just sporadic sneezes throughout my whole line of stories. I might post more fics on here but I’ll see how this test goes. Oh and please don't comment on my lack of spelling out of sneezes. I just prefer to write it simple. I hope everyone enjoys.

“What is wrong?”

“Pardon?”

“Did you not hear me?! Are your ears so clogged that I need to raise the volume of my voice?!”

“No, I wish you would be quieter. I do not have a problem hearing you. What is wrong? Can you blame me for requesting clarification to such a vague question?”

“You know perfectly well what I meant.”

“I am afraid I do not. Should I attempt to verbalize the correct meaning because, the truth is I do not want to talk more than I have to.”

“Why is that?”

“Because-”

“Ugh you are impossible!”

“Wait, you did not give me a chance to speak.”

“Only because I knew you would make up some pathetic excuse!”

“Please do not shout.”

“I demand you tell me what is wrong with you this instant.”

“Nothing is wrong with me.”

“If you lie to me again I will attack you. I could probably damage you in this state as well.”

“Are you insinuating to fight me?”

“Like you are up for it.”

“Why are you acting so strange?”

“Me? It is you who are strange and being difficult. Just admit what we all know is true.”

“I do not understand.”

“This is not achieving the results we wanted. When I suggested you confront him, I hoped you would be more tactful.”

“Okay then, you try. Good luck.”

“Vexen?”

“You cannot blame his indiscretion I suppose. We were attempting to communicate with you before however you remained unresponsive.”

“Maybe my ears are clogged.”

“Do they seem that way?”

“Well… I do not know.”

“It is not important. Let me explain. We were discussing the recent happenings of Castle Oblivion although he noticed you were not contributing in your usual manner. It is understandable you do not have much to say except you always listen in a very clear receptive way instead of merely staring off in the distance. You would not answer when addressed and it was concerning. Therefore he chose to take that unique approach. Perhaps if I rephrase the question you will be more capable to comprehend. How are you?”

“Fine.”

“He is lying to us again.”

“Shush, let me handle it. I will ask you a series of general questions and all you must do is respond with a yes or a no. Do you agree?”

“Vexen I-”

“From your comments, the obvious conclusion of sensitivity to noise can be reached which is an indicator of a headache. Does your head hurt?”

“A bit.”

“In addition you mentioned a desire to avoid speaking, suggesting discomfort of the throat. Is that true as well?”

“Yes.”

“It is like pulling teeth which I am willing to do.”

“That will not be necessary because he is cooperating with us now.”

“Is that all the questions? Since you discovered I have a headache and sore throat you can leave me alone.”

“One more thing, as you may be unaware of, because of my ability to manipulate ice I am inclined to sense any rise in temperature no matter how small although, from what I can determine you are currently running a very high fever.”

“No I am not.”

“If you refuse believe that, perhaps the physical indicators of you perspiring and the flushed complexion to your face will be of more proof. Can you not sense the increase in your temperature?”

“Stop questioning me. It is impossible. I cannot… oh my head. Why will it not stop spinning?”

“Lexaeus are you alright?”

He barely heard the younger nobody’s comment but everything after that didn’t get through despite looking at the two and seeing them try to talk to him. The sense of hearing was first to go before his vision and the last thing he saw until his eyes couldn’t stay open any longer was both of his colleagues advancing towards him with expressions of overwhelming concern. With his body in an unconscious state, he began to fall and in a panic Zexion reacted instinctively to catch him although he only got as far as to hold his arms out upon realizing he could never support his weight.

It seemed he was about to be trapped under him when suddenly the large man’s body came to a stop with Vexen holding him up. He couldn’t believe the chilly academic would be strong enough but obviously he was and more so since he managed to completely lift him up then move the short distance to set him down on the couch. Once he was settled, appearing to be in pain judging by his labored breathing he backed away and turned to the cloaked schemer to notice the incredulous stare he was giving him. However, observing his concern, the sentiment quickly passed onto him and before he could start the conversation on how to help him, the older nobody teleported away without a word.

The time he was unconscious was indeterminable and left him confused but when he came back there were a few things he became aware of, first was this cold sensation on his forehead he eventually realized was an icepack. In spite of that his body still felt very hot then as a result the ice was beginning to melt and create water that dripped all over his head, even got in his eyes. The second was soreness in his chest that caused him discomfort to breathe so the only comfortable way was to take short, erratic breaths and breathing through his nose wasn’t an option since it was too stuffed up. Finally once he opened his eyes, the third was his colleague sitting on the other couch across from him, staring at the ground with a distracted impression until he noticed Lexaeus had woken up and was focusing on him. He immediately got up and walked over to his side, merely standing there in silence until he took a deep breath to calm down and talk to him without agitation.

“You idiot, he made me promise not to yell at you but how can you be so stupid?”

“For your information, it is very unpleasant to be insulted the moment you wake up. I think you would be nicer to me when I… wait what happened?”

“All of the sudden, you passed out. I wanted to help but couldn’t. It was a good thing he was here otherwise I would have been crushed.”

“What do you mean?”

“It seemed to be that he is stronger than he has been letting on. I admit judging by his appearance, I thought he was weak but that is not true. When you were falling I tried to catch you but obviously I was unable except he not only managed to do that but completely lift up to set you down on the couch. It was… impressive.”

“Where is he now?”

“I do not know. He said he would be right back and you have not been out that long. He will be here soon.”

“How did I-”

“Stop asking so many questions. It is your own fault if you do not know the answers to them.”

“Just one more, how did I pass out?”

“Because of your fever, it was higher than we realized. He said it was normal for someone to abruptly lose consciousness with such a high fever. How could you not think there was not a problem?”

“This is all my fault. You are right. I should have said something but I did not believe it was a big deal. What is going to happen now? You must be-”

“Calm down, it will be alright. We cannot change what has already occurred. Give me one answer, how is your stomach?”

“Well I have a loss of appetite but other than that it is fine. I am uncomfortably hot at the moment.”

“That makes sense. Here, I will unzip your coat… oh you have a t-shirt underneath.”

“Let me sit up so I can take it off.”

“No, you will continue to lie down. I do not want you to move.”

“May I remove this icepack? It is melting and has become ineffective.”

“It stays, this is the way he left you and it is how you shall remain until he comes back. He gave me a towel for this situation. Now hold still and close your eyes so I can dry you off.”

“Thank you… that is much better.”

“Do not thank me yet. I have to discover what is wrong with you. It is clear you are ill but with what. Nausea is a positive indicator of influenza however you said you were not experiencing that.”

“I think it is just a cold. Of course fevers are not a typical symptom so I am unsure.”

“Perhaps you can tell me your symptoms and we will determine if they correlate to that of a cold.”

“My head hurts and my throat is sore just as I already told you but now my chest hurts as well and… and I…”

“Tell me what it is.”

“I do not know I… have this strange sensation… in the back of my throat. It is m-making me… wait, I think I have to- ACHOO! Sneeze.”

“Wow I am pretty sure my eardrums have popped. If you do that again, I will tape your mouth shut.”

“A bless you would be nice.”

“Fine, bless you.”

“Thank you. Do not be mad at me, I am unable to control how I sneeze. I owe you an apology because it will probably happen again.”

“It is alright. I know. I guess this means I do not have to ask you how your nose is. That symptom is generally a sign of a cold rather than influenza. Still fevers are rarely exhibited with colds. Ugh I am no good at this diagnosis stuff. That is his expertise.”

“Well I suppose we must wait for him.”

“No, this cannot work. I have to leave because you need sleep and my presence here is preventing that.”

“Please stay, I do not need sleep. I want you,” he pleaded in an uncharacteristically imploring tone which he was entitled to because of being sick then he extended out his hand for him to take and he grabbed it, gazing into his eyes with concern to create a peaceful mood until a sneeze, that came out too unexpected for him to cover, ruined it but didn’t seem to annoy the neurotic teenager, “Oh… excuse me.”

“Do not worry. Bless you. There, satisfied?”

“Very much so, thank you.”

“You are welcome. Still I wish there was something I can do for you besides just being here. Certainly you must want something to make your throat better, a cup of hot tea or some soup. My cooking skills are not as good as yours however I can open a can and heat it up.”

“I appreciate the offer however it is unnecessary. I already told you I am not hungry. My throat hurts and I could use some water to clear it except I can wait. Right now I do not want you to leave me.”

“Fine, I will not leave for any reason. If your throat hurts so much, perhaps you should not speak.”

“Are you suggesting I stop talking?”

“Lexaeus, I want you to become well and straining your voice will not help.”

“For once I am not compelled to live up to the obligation of being silent.”

“In that case, maybe you can talk about how you would keep the fact you were unwell from us. For you to be in this condition, you must have experienced discomfort for a few days.”

“Yes I-”

“Did you think we would not care or we are not important enough to be aware of your problems?”

“That is not it. You do not understand. How could I admit I was sick? I have a responsibility to Organization XIII and I cannot become so weakened to fail my tasks. No one catches colds around here and I am supposed to be stronger than that. Think about it, defeated by a microscopic organism. It is pathetic. What would you do if it was you who fell ill, knowing you were taken down by something that insignificant and could not contribute anything to our mission?”

“Alright, I get your point but you must realize when you are with us you do not have to think we are in Organization XIII. We have known each other for a while and our friendships remained after we lost our hearts. You should trust us more and know that we only are concerned for you just as you are for us. Well that is enough of the sentimental talk. Unless you still want to speak I suggest-”

“Oh I see our patient has woken up.”

“Where did you go?”

“To collect supplies: a thermometer, tissues, and medication. It was difficult finding a proper remedy because simple potions and elixirs are ineffective in combating fevers along with any other ailments. Tell me, how is he?”

“Sick.”

“Well that is obvious,” he stated and was about to inquire for more information when he suddenly teleported away, leaving the two of them alone, “How rude, to depart so abruptly.”

“I think he went to get me a glass of water since I told him I needed it to ease the soreness in my throat but I did not want to stay by myself. Now that you are here, he could go.”

“Ah that makes sense. Then I will ask you this. How are you?”

“He described it fairly accurately, sick. We were debating what exactly, am I sick with though. I believe it is a cold based on nasal and throat symptoms however the fever is a sign of influenza except I do not have nausea.”

“Are you experiencing body aches, in any area? Often pain is concentrated in strange places. There have been cases of influenza where a subject’s teeth have hurt. Take a moment to access whether you have any discomfort other than your nose and throat.”

“No… my head hurts which is probably a result of the fever. That is the only contradicting symptom.”

“A fever is the result of the body increasing its temperature to kill harmful organisms. It is not the result of influenza specifically. I assume you have been unwell for an extended period of time, which created the need for your body to build up its temperature as a means of eliminating the virus.”

“Are you about to lecture me on how I was stupid for not saying anything sooner?”

“I am not pleased you let your illness progress this long however I understand your reasons. If that is the case, he must have already scolded you?”

“Yes, he was concerned however I tried to explain I cannot get sick. It is insulting, demeaning and-”

“Please, I already said I empathize with your rationale. As a youth he cannot possibly comprehend the importance of maintaining stability. In our maturity appearances are crucial. The demeanor we display each day is-”

“Hold on, you are at least 10 years older than me if not older.”

“That is not the point. There is an age discrepancy between you two and whereas he is in a very healthy stage, you and to a greater extent myself can become weakened easier. That is why we must be careful. Still I would suggest you had come to me in private when you began to have symptoms. If you did, then you would not be lying here with such a high fever.”

“Can you please fix my icepack? It has lost its coldness.”

“In a minute, I must take your temperature.”

He put his supplies down on the table and removed the dripping icepack, quickly having to use the towel to collect the water. It wasn’t a good sign to have the ice melt in such a short time but the results of his temperature would prove his suspicions and after waiting the few minutes for an accurate number to show up, he checked how far the mercury had risen. He didn’t want to announce how high his fever was in order to prevent any unnecessary stress although the message came across since he used his powers to refreeze the icepack and return it back to his forehead.

The cooling sensation was effective since it not only counteracted the heat in his head but moved to the rest of his body and it felt good until he started to shiver, feeling its full affects. He tried to warn him but couldn’t fight the tickling sensation long enough and broke into a series of loud sneezes. Once he recovered and opened his eyes to look at him again, he was surprised to see the chilly academic unfazed by the outburst, holding out the box of tissues. He briefly smiled before grabbing a few to blow his nose and felt him readjust the icepack since it slipped.

“Bless you. I apologize. I suppose that was too cold.”

“Thank you. No, it is wonderful. I just have been sneezing a lot.”

“A downside to your illness, at any rate now you must-”

“Have you heard him sneeze yet?”

“Yes, he just did however were you expecting any less? For a man that size, it makes sense to be very loud.”

“Well I guess you are right. Here is your water,” he offered and both of them helped him sit up slowly to drink the liquid only to panic when he started coughing from it, “Are you okay?!”

“I… I am fine. Perhaps water was not as good for my throat as I believed.”

“That is because you consumed it as you normally would have. You must take it in slowly, only drinking small sips at a time. As I was saying, you must take a dose of the medication now.”

“How do you know it will help?”

“Because that is what it is designed to do; this will eliminate your sneezing, coughing and fever within a few hours and help you recover.”

“Why should I take it? I am only to blame for my illness so I must be responsible for my own recovery.”

“Are you refusing to consume the medication?”

“I do not think I need it. Besides I really do not like medicine. I never took the stuff before I became a nobody and I was fine then.”

“You have got to be kidding me. Why would you not drink a small dose of something that would improve your condition?”

“It is my decision and I do not want it.”

“Take it!”

“No, I am strong enough to heal on my own.”

“Do not make me force it down your throat!”

“No!”

“Lexaeus I swear, if you do not take this medication I will-”

“ACHOO!”

“That is it! Enough of this childish behavior! You will take it like a man now,” he demanded, giving the impression despite his small size, he was very intimidating when he wanted to be and since there was no arguing with him anymore the reluctant nobody caved in to swallow a single teaspoon of the medicine which made the cloaked schemer content with his accomplishment, “There now that was not so bad. Certainly you could have done without all that fuss.”

“Disgusting, I will never be able to get such a vile taste out of my mouth.”

“Then drink the water slowly. If I am going to have to do this until he gets well, I am not sure how I can survive.”

“Oh you will, I can assure you. He cannot be blamed for his behavior. Often when the body is in discomfort, it can affect and be reflected in mood. I suggest you show a little sympathy.”

“Why would I be sympathetic when he is so difficult?”

“For your information, there are moments you can be just as if not possibly more difficult.”

“What, how can you say that?!”

“It is true.”

“You are pushing my limits.”

“Oh really, what will you do about it?”

“Please guys do not argue. I should get my way since I am sick and I want you to get along.”

“Fine, I will get along with him.”

“I agree as well. We certainly would not want to exacerbate your condition. As a matter of fact, you should be resting right now.”

“Do not bother. He wants us to stay and will not rest because he is in a talkative mood.”

“In spite of that, the medication will make him drowsy and he will not have a choice.”

“Until that happens just do not leave and make me better by talking about something nice.”

Vexen frowned, thinking how strange it was to hear him be so needy but kept that thought to himself since he could tell Zexion was under the same impression and they stayed to keep the sick Lexaeus company. The three of them talked for several hours about all sorts of topics and it was a very pleasant way to spend the rest of the day despite his coughing, sneezing and nose blowing because neither of them could remember the last time they simply enjoyed being with each other without worrying about the affairs of Castle Oblivion. Eventually he fell asleep which was a relief for the young nobody and he was about to ask his older colleague if they should leave when he noticed he was asleep on the other couch. He realized it was exhausting to take care of their sick teammate and would have judged him poorly for not being able to stay awake if he wasn’t so tired himself.

It seemed to be such an effort to teleport back to his room so he decided to follow suit and go to sleep on the couch with Vexen for two reasons. The first was he didn’t want to be that close to his germs and the second was, regardless of the fact he would have enjoyed laying on top of the giant man, there appeared to be more room with him, making for a more comfortable setup. Of course it didn’t matter because by the time he woke up, he already knew it was too late and he had fallen susceptible to the harmful micro-invaders. His symptoms started out just the way his did: a headache, possible fever, sore throat, trouble breathing and this awful tickling sensation in his nose, which was both clogged and running at the same time, that was driving him crazy. He wanted to moan in an act which would accurately reflect his discomfort but he wasn’t sure if the sound would come out and he didn’t want to wake him up from his much needed rest.

However, he thought he might not have a choice in the matter due to the sudden quickening of his breath with the impending sneeze and he really didn’t want it to happen, trying his hardest to stop it although before he could feel the burst of air erupt from his nose and mouth, the typical sound took place prematurely. Along with the vibrations he realized it couldn’t have been him and looked up to the source where he thought it came from to discover Vexen rubbing his nose, looking just as sick, in a very close proximity to his space. He jolted which got his attention and tried to move away though his body felt so heavy he had no choice except stay pressed up against him looking confused in addition to the most hostile glare he could muster despite of his cold, that didn’t have the impact he would have hoped.

“What are you doing so close to me?”

“I was about to ask you the same question. The last I remember, I lied down here by myself. Perhaps you can solve the mystery.”

“Oh that is right… I saw you had fallen asleep after he did and I was tired too. I slept next to you rather than him so I would not… catch his cold. Well it is too late for that. Are you sick as well?”

“Unfortunately yes, I had to sneeze a moment ago.”

“Why is it that both your and his sneezes are so loud? I do not have such a tremendous volume to mine.”

“Perhaps it is a matter of age or simply everyone is different, with the statement applying so profoundly to aspects such as sternutation. In any case how are you fairing?”

“Ugh, this is terrible. I am going to destroy him once I recover. Where is he?”

“Right where you left me, it was really boring waiting while you two slept together.”

“Lexaeus you useless fool. Why would you not be more careful and prevent us from getting sick?”

“I cannot be blamed. You were too close to me when I sneezed. I tried to be careful-”

“You were insanely persistent on having us stay with you. Come on Vexen, back me up.”

“He is correct about the first statement. I do not know about you however my immune system has always been weak.”

“That is true. You did frequently come down with colds as a result of your affinity towards freezing temperatures.”

“It still does not explain why I would catch it. I am so upset with you I… I will…” he tried to finish his threat but was disrupted by the return of that familiar tingling and realizing he couldn’t stop it, chose the offensive method of tightly clamping his nose and mouth shut to reduce the explosion then afterwards slowly releasing the built up air, giving up on what he was just saying, “You can use your imagination to fill in the rest.”

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.”

“Is that really the way you sneeze? You were right. It is very quiet.”

“For your information I purposely made it that way by stifling it.”

“Why would you do that? It cannot be particularly comfortable.”

“Because it is disgusting and annoying, I rather not deal with it.”

“Zexion, you act as though you can control it. The fact of the matter is we all have fallen ill. Nothing can change that. Therefore for the time being we must accept that fact and move on to try recuperating. Do not fight your illness.”

“I am not fi-fighting it… j-just… oh no.”

“There, you are about to sneeze again. Do not hold it back.”

“Leave m-me alone. I can… h-handle this- achoo! Myself.”

“Bless you.”

“Thanks. Was that not an improvement?”

“A little bit better I suppose.”

“It is still rather quiet.”

“In comparison you mean.”

“Well yes… wait you haven’t moved from your spot up against me. Did you sneeze on my coat?”

“Actually it was your shirt. I had to unzip your coat because the zipper was very uncomfortable digging into my face. You better give me some tissues before I blow my nose in your shirt too.”

“Here take them you repulsive boy. Since you are awake why do you not move to a different spot or at least sit up so I can move? This is very bothersome,” he declared but was surprised his harsh tone didn’t get through and instead had the opposite effect of drawing him in close since after he finished thoroughly going through several tissues he wrapped his arms around his body to hold tight, suggesting he was distressed, “Zexion?”

“I do not like this, not at all. I am glad we do not typically get sick otherwise we would have to deal with this more often and I am incapable of that. Of course if we had gotten sick more often, we would know what to expect and be better at handling it. What are we going to do?”

“We shall rest and allow our bodies to recover from our colds. You are putting too much concern into this matter. It is a very minor disease and does not last for very long.”

This time his endeavor to communicate with him was much more effective since he lifted his head to look up into his eyes although that fear still remained and the better part of his judgment took over after seeing his vulnerable expression. He allowed the younger nobody to stay close to him and went as far as rubbing his head in an attempt to calm him down which worked after a while because he decided to speak in his usual, levelheaded tone despite still being pressed up against him to have his words muffled.

“Yes I believe you are right. Thank you for rationalizing that. Perhaps I am overreacting. I really should be worried about you, Lexaeus. How are you doing today?”

“Better than yesterday although I have not recovered completely. I am anxious that I get to take care of you now.”

“What do you mean?”

“Both of you took such good care of me and since I have improved but you have become ill, the roles are reversed.”

“Hey I do not need to be taken care of and neither does he.”

“Oh really?”

“That is right.”

“Truthfully I only require having the tissues near me.”

“How about something to reduce your temperature?”

“Please, you should know it is impossible for him to have a fever and as far as that aspect, I am very comfortable by being close to him.”

“Still there is one thing I can do for you, give you medicine.”

“No!”

“You are so quick to refuse when you were losing your temper at me for doing the same thing.”

“It is because I realize now that being sick is incredibly awful and you do not need anything to make it worse.”

“But the medicine will make you better. In a day from now you will be as improved as I am currently. Besides what was it you told me, take it like a man?”

“When compared to you I am still a child and children are notorious for refusing to take medicine.”

“Come on Zexion, do not be difficult. You will be rid of your cold which is what you want. I have to take it as well therefore we can do it together.”

For whatever reason, perhaps falling ill at the same time, he was more inclined to listen to Vexen and take his advice rather than Lexaeus which is usually the other way around but he agreed and they took a spoonful of the medicine, exchanging the same disgusted look once they had finished. After the two of them settled back down, with the cloaked schemer remaining in the same position of lying next to him and the chilly academic possibly enjoying his pleasant yet temporary change in attitude the silence was too much for the silent hero, compelling him to offer a suggestion.

“There is nothing else I can do for you?”

“I would not want to cause you the trouble.”

“We are fine. In fact I have not decided yet whether I can forgive you for spreading your cold to me.”

“Perhaps we could talk about something, anything.”

“Damn it I am miserable and just want to sleep! We can talk once we all are rid of this disease.”

“He has a point. Sleep is the only true method of recovery. I recommend you rest as well.”

“Fine.”

“Hey Lexy?”

“What?”

“I am really glad you are getting better.”

“Goodnight Zexy.”

Vexen watched as he laid back down to rest and the other nobody curled up into him to fall asleep then finally he closed his eyes, unable to stay awake any longer either. Despite the awkwardness and unpleasantness of the situation it was a peaceful session of rest; regardless of being certain he had sneezed a few times on his clothing while sleeping. However, there was this annoying sound that kept ringing in his ears and the feeling he was being watched, which forced him to open his eyes to meet the image of a pair of blue ones along with the pink tresses of hair dangling down on him from above. The intrusive nobody was at a very close proximity although moved once he realized he was about to yell at him then continued addressing him in that sing-song way to purposely be annoying.

“Oh Vexen.”

“Marluxia this is the worst possible time.”

“Yes I would say it is. You are lucky I am not the jealous type or else I would be pretty upset right now to have seen you sleeping with him.”

“Will you shut up and keep your voice down. He is resting and so was I until you rudely disturbed me. Besides I do not see any reason for you to be jealous of the things I do since you have no attachment to me.”

“When will you accept my adorations?”

“Just leave.”

“Why?”

“Because I told you to.”

“No, I want to know what is wrong. Why are you two sleeping together and why is he asleep? You do not look very productive. Perhaps I should visit down here more often to make sure you are working.”

“It is not our fault. We are sick.”

“All of you?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

“How in the worlds did that happen?”

“Lexaeus had it first and we attempted to treat him yesterday then we were exhibiting symptoms today.”

“Is it serious?”

“No, it is a case of the common cold which may not be life threatening, however obviously it is highly contagious and I suggest you get out of here before you catch it as well. Now I would not mind if you sent Number VIII down because I would delight in spreading my germs to him. He needs to be shown up and this would simply irritate him to no end.”

“Yeah that would be nice… but still how can you ask me to leave you when you are sick?”

“I already told you I do not want you to catch it.”

“Aww you care about my wellbeing? You are so thoughtful Vexy.”

“Marluxia, I do not care about you. Think about it, if you were incapacitated for a week what do you believe would happen to this mission? You are the leader of Castle Oblivion and are in charge of the affairs that go on here. You cannot afford to lose your authority or respect. I myself am far beyond that point.”

“Do not talk like that. You did not lose your authority or respect just because you caught a cold. Now come on, what can I do to make you better? I can rub your shoulders or stroke your hair back or… get you a tissue.”

“ACHOO!”

“Bless you.”

“Thank you… for that.”

“You are welcome. Now go ahead and blow.”

“I can do it myself.”

“No I do not think you can,” he playfully contradicted to purposefully annoy him but since he did have the foresight to block the sneeze he didn’t see coming then refused to take the tissue away from his nose and mouth, he had no choice except join into his ridiculous babying attitude and follow his instructions, “There, better now?”

“It would have been better if I handled it. I am serious; you should take off those gloves and wash them before you touch your face.”

“Alright do not worry about that. I will let you rest now. When can I see you again, in a week?”

“Well I should have recovered by then however; you are not obligated to visit me down here.”

“I know but I want to. How about tomorrow?”

“How about never?”

“Aww do not reject me. Oh well, I shall see you soon we should just say. In the meantime please get better. Here, I have a gift for you: a beautiful flower in bloom. Do you like it?”

“You realize I have lost my sense of smell.”

“Oh… no I did not… either way it is still thoughtful. Goodbye Vexen.”

“Goodbye Marluxia,” he replied as a gesture of politeness with a neutral tone to hide his displeasure with the overbearing attitude and behaviors although couldn’t help smiling as he looked at the flower, believing he wasn’t so bad to endure, “It is rather thoughtful.”

Archived