Sneeze Fetish Forum

Then You're Going My Way

Nova

I think I said once that "I don't do pollen" - this is a lie. While allergies really doesn't do it for me like a (preferably messy) cold does, they sure present some interesting prospects. In the end, there are similarities between the two (no, shit, Sherlock?) *snicker* Also, if I can toss in some other weaknesses of mine (like white tie dress codes), I can do pollen for you! I mean, I have one character who works there (One character with allergies. I am a bad fetishist...), who also wears tail coats sometimes. Tail coats make my knees weak. *shiver* Haaaah...

I am a lazy non-background artist. Or. I am lazy, point, but at least there is no copy-paste in there! Photoshop makes things far to easy sometimes.

Anyway, here's for the lols.

Punch lines are God's gift to humanity. Hurhurhur...

Springball for goodness!

Your Jonathan? Is a ridiculously good-looking man. And ridiculously well-dressed. (ImmaEATthewhitegloveskthnxbye.)

I... Nh. Let's just say that I'm very glad he's the one Mother Nature's out to get.

Seriously. If my grin widened any more my face would split in half.

Psst: when Nova does pollen, it does it for me. <3

Handsome... in a tail coat... and gloves.... AND a bow tie :drool:. (There's just something about a man in a suit...) :yes:

And and and... his pre-sneeze and post-sneeze posture are just awesome. :innocent:

I'm going to guess he keeps an impossibly straight face when he mentions he want to burn down the garden. :laugh:

Truly fab drawings. :twisted: And a magnificent punch-line. *smiles*

Sartorially exquisite! I wonder if your subject has ever considered wearing a double-breasted straight-bottomed white waistcoat [with four buttons] or even a fully backed plain cloth double breasted waistcoat with a rounded, lapelled opening for the boiled shirt-front?

Nice sneeze, too.....

Of course, when the Duke of Dorset sneezes in Zuleika Dobson, his shirt studs, which have turned black and pink, revert to their normal pearly hue. Must write that one up some time......

Handsome men.

Handsome men in suits.

Handsome men in suits.. with Allergies?

:laugh:

I loved the pre- and post- sneeze expressions! And all the jokes... how cute :3 [Although, I had to re-read it to catch all of them >.>]

Ahhhhhhh! :hug:

This is delicious, Nova! I love how he's sneezing into his fisssssstt. :laugh: That's wonderful! And his lady friend has the same name as my sister. Hah!

:hug: Spoo~

^_^ Oooh. I'm not normally as big a fan of allergies but I loved this! :wub:

She said it :lol: I looove the way he's dressed; but (epic blonde dunce) I don't get the punch line :blushing:

^_^ GAHHHH! It's wonderful! He's such a babe! This is so, so sexy. You're turning me into an allergy whore.

Gawd, what dirty things this does to my brain! :lol:

Your Jonathan? Is a ridiculously good-looking man. And ridiculously well-dressed. (ImmaEATthewhitegloveskthnxbye.)

I... Nh. Let's just say that I'm very glad he's the one Mother Nature's out to get.

Oh, you know it's partly your fault (Du vidgar mina vyer! *fnitter*). I suppose I felt I needed someone, and why not the tall one? Rawr *nibbles on*

Ciuty80: Cuteness alert? Might as well ring the bells, we might have a garden burning pretty soon. (No, he wouldn't actually do that, but still!) *coughbadhumourcough*

I'm going to guess he keeps an impossibly straight face when he mentions he want to burn down the garden.
Of course he does! I don't know if he's capable of joking while not keeping straight face *ponders the possibility* Maaybe... but it wouldn't happen often. And thank you for saying that about my punch-line. I'm glad I'm not the only one liking it. *laugh*
[...] or even a fully backed plain cloth double breasted waistcoat with a rounded, lapelled opening for the boiled shirt-front?
Hm, like this you mean? If so, my subject evidently considered it. Lucky me, finding that picture, for even if I often find inspiration in the 1920/30s, I don't draw boiled shirts that often. As for the a double-breasted straight-bottomed white waistcoat [with four buttons] (why four buttons?), I'll see what I can do. Thank you for suggesting. ; )

Moo: Handsomemeninsuits *dances with* Handsomemeninsuits *dances* Handsomemeninsuits *dances with* I like them too, they should be around more often, even if their jokes are hard to get *wink* Thank you. <3

obsessed: Neither am I (as stated), but I can quote you on what you said for myself. Because I could've said it. Had I not done the picture myself... Yeah. Hrm. *does so*

Oooh. I'm not normally as big a fan of allergies but I loved this!
Harhar. Thank you!
This is delicious, Nova! I love how he's sneezing into his fisssssstt. That's wonderful! And his lady friend has the same name as my sister. Hah!
Really? Schweetness. And fists... you know what it's like when you're in nice clothes? "I really need to. But I'm far too well-mannered and far to well-dressed to... urgh. I can sacrifice the gloves butonlyaverysmallpartofoneofthem! *sadface*"

Kiwifruit: *Lets her join the rank of not normally fans* Hm. You didn't? Well. let me explain it to you, then! HERE you go. I'm such a nerd. <3 I hope that helps.

GAHHHH! It's wonderful! He's such a babe! This is so, so sexy. You're turning me into an allergy whore.

Gawd, what dirty things this does to my brain!

My bad. I think you should stay with me in the cold whore corner and be bi-curious (lol) instead. My babe wanders in to cold quarters at times to *nod* Harhar, enough silly from me! SO! I'm glad you like it. Whenever I can do dirty things to a brain, it satisfies big parts of me. *contentsigh* Mission accomplished. Over and out.

Yes, that's it! Except the waistcoat is white of course; I get the impression that this generally went out of fashion after the WWI, amongst the young. For some reason the norm became the so-called marcella cloth and the V-shaped opening [though some double breasted marcella waistcoats continued with V shapes]

As an old ball hand, may I add that your hero's appearance might be even better were he in some manner a service officer, and wearin some sort of mess dress, whether a complete scarlet jacket or just a bit of coloured revers. And of course we have ignored the David Cameron/ Boris Johnson look; the dining club tailcoat with coloured revers, or the cheapo version of that, the committee sash worn by the ball organizers. Of course, anyone with a top decoration or order would wear a sash or at least an order at the neck. Or as it it used to say on posh invitations; White tie; decorations; doctors wear scarlet.

PS and the lady would wear a tiara......

Arrg, this comic is so lovely I'm melting. Men. In suits. Men in suits! I can die happily.

Yes, that's it! Except the waistcoat is white of course; I get the impression that this generally went out of fashion after the WWI, amongst the young. For some reason the norm became the so-called marcella cloth and the V-shaped opening [though some double breasted marcella waistcoats continued with V shapes]

As an old ball hand, may I add that your hero's appearance might be even better were he in some manner a service officer, and wearin some sort of mess dress, whether a complete scarlet jacket or just a bit of coloured revers. And of course we have ignored the David Cameron/ Boris Johnson look; the dining club tailcoat with coloured revers, or the cheapo version of that, the committee sash worn by the ball organizers. Of course, anyone with a top decoration or order would wear a sash or at least an order at the neck. Or as it it used to say on posh invitations; White tie; decorations; doctors wear scarlet.

PS and the lady would wear a tiara......

Yes, of course it should be white. My bad. The bow tie probably should be too (or black). I think I just wanted more weight to the picture without black blobs.

I believe the U-shaped waistcoats started disappearing prior to the war, as the V-shaped ones got more popular with younger men, and went completely out of fashion after it. To me, it seems everything loosened up after WWI. Perhaps style gave in to comfort. Military clothing is rather comfortable. A shame on the tailcoats, heavy or not, I really like them.

Apparently, I donā€™t mind a single-breasted Marcella waistcoat, considering it was what I dressed my hero (wow, I said it.) in here. My taste for monochrome simplicity draws a line at scarlet at this juncture, though. While mess dresses are very nice on some men, the thought of a loud red combined with others of them makes me titter hysterically to the brink of suffocationā€¦ No, no service officer here, no. But a dining club tailcoat with coloured revers I can heartily approve of. My tastes evidently intervene with what is appropriate at times (Often, this effectively eliminates sashes). As a woman, I shouldnā€™t even have opinions, seeing we stepped back to the 10s. Wear the tiara and be quiet?

But then again, I get giddy in a good way when people start explaining the reasons behind the different ways of dressing, and start putting sashes on my imaginary people just to feel the satisfaction of meaningā€¦fullness.

Sigh. I speak as if I know something.

Off topic is a good thing.

-------------------

LYK: Melt all you please, but don't ruin the dress! *laugh* Also, I would appreciate if you made your own topic to die in... (KIDDING!) Thank you very much!

Spoider: I've this odd tendency to not be satisfied with just one "ACTION!" picture. I want story, I want relationships, I want a sequence. Also, I have considered doing a web comic many times. Alas, I am not a writer. I should kick my boyfriend who is and make him help me. Thank you. <3

Wow... This is awesome! Such cool art. I can't get over your talent. Thank you!!

OH DEAR ME, NOVA! I think I just exploded! THat was totally amazing! You are so talented, and the whole coat and tails thing? Just, WOW!!! Thank you for sharing that! I am in awe, seriously!

I assume you have seen the Cameron/Johnson pic; if you google Bullingdon photo, it is there under the website iconicphotos. Incidentally isn't our PM-in-waiting a dish! St Boris is still spot the loony of course.

It seems the Buller has a uniform of beige [eurgh] revers, waistcoat and tie, which in fact looks ok. Various waistcoat styles are on view. bUt it's pretty good.

Of course, naval mess dress is not scarlet! Or, some cavalry mess dress actually involves wearing spurs! I now feel that the order at the neck is the most distinguished thing missing from your hero. Am I right in thinking you get one with certain medals. like MC, DFC etc.

Isn't there a story about how the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire arrived somewhere and found she was the only person wearing a tiara; so took it off. Shame .reallly.....

And another thing; when Dorset sets out for dinner at the Junta in his full dining club gear, Beerbohm remarks something like " And imagine, many of the passers-by may have mistaken his garb for that of a servant!"

Thank you so much for sharing this, I love your Jonathan! His gestrues, his posture, the way he sneezes.... :P :P

This is really a beautiful piece of work. Who needs background, when the actual thing is so unbelievable delicioius and well drawn? :P

I assume you have seen the Cameron/Johnson pic; if you google Bullingdon photo, it is there under the website iconicphotos. Incidentally isn't our PM-in-waiting a dish! St Boris is still spot the loony of course.

It seems the Buller has a uniform of beige [eurgh] revers, waistcoat and tie, which in fact looks ok. Various waistcoat styles are on view. bUt it's pretty good.

Of course, naval mess dress is not scarlet! Or, some cavalry mess dress actually involves wearing spurs! I now feel that the order at the neck is the most distinguished thing missing from your hero. Am I right in thinking you get one with certain medals. like MC, DFC etc.

Isn't there a story about how the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire arrived somewhere and found she was the only person wearing a tiara; so took it off. Shame .reallly.....

I found beige ugly until about a year ago, when I started buying "Gentleman's dress guides" (I like to be a woman who can tie a bow tie and fold a handkerchief in five different ways - very self-satisfying). Nowadays, I like it - occasionally. Bullingdon's colour scheme... yes, it looks okay. But from the photos I get the impression it's sometimes white not washed right. I guess it looks better in real life. Now I've this odd urge to find something with emerald green revers. It's almost vulgar. Thought not as much so as the scarlet, perhaps? Red was always dangerous.

Well, naval, yes... Wikipedia Mess Dress page, here I come. And spurs? Fantastic. I hear my hero protest, loudly. I like that you've turned the ultra formal "white tie" to something very festive by just adding some colours and, hahah, spurs! In my "A Well Dressed Gentleman's Pocket Guide" the author stresses that the midnight blue is the only alternate option to black on tails, as it appears pitch black in artificial light. Monochrome effect against the colours of your lady's gown, and all that. I admit I never considered the mess dresses until you mentioned it. And sadly, I know so little about orders. First studies, some aging, then orders on the neck in my pictures.

I am sure there is such a story, if you remember it. Group pressure isn't always a good thing. Which makes me realise - I have never actually seen a real tiara.

And another thing; when Dorset sets out for dinner at the Junta in his full dining club gear, Beerbohm remarks something like " And imagine, many of the passers-by may have mistaken his garb for that of a servant!"
The indecency! There are many remarks like those in the Jeeves and Wooster books. So... that what it reminded me of. Hrm.

---------------

a red nine: Then you get under it! (There's no other way, really. For my talent, not even the sky is the limit!) *cough* No, I'm actually a humble person. Sorry. And thank you very much!

Sneesee: Tails for glory. I hope you exploded in a pleasurable way. I mean, it's so messy otherwise... Thanks!

schnulle: Mmm, I'm glad you like him. And pointing out his gestures as likable is rubbing me the right way. *coo* I thought the backgrounds were superfluous too. Thank yooou...

Just to drag this obsession to a sort of end, I discover that large chunks of Zuleika Dobson, by Max Beerbohm, are available on Googlebooks; and the Duke of Dorset's sneezes begin on page 122. Sadly, having had a bucketful of water thrown over him, he is in his dressing-gown rather than any of his splendid outfits, and mysteriously all the descriptions of dandified dress seem to be missing......

Midnight blue, eh? The only trouble is that when carriages arrive at 4.00, in the summer you can see that it's not black; oh dear......

Not to interrupt the discussion about... well I'm not sure what, but I'd just like to say that this is gorgeous. Nova, I really enjoy your artistic style (and of course the subject. A handsome sneezy man in fancy dress? Delicious.) and I was wondering if there is anywhere else I can see some of your art? Regardless of subject, it's very niceĀ  :drool:

Not to interrupt the discussion about... well I'm not sure what, but I'd just like to say that this is gorgeous. Nova, I really enjoy your artistic style (and of course the subject. A handsome sneezy man in fancy dress? Delicious.) and I was wondering if there is anywhere else I can see some of your art? Regardless of subject, it's very niceĀ  :yes:

I think that discussion went a bit...well. Never mind. It was nice.

First off, thank you for your kind words! Now, I would like to send you a PM regarding this, but then you're still pending so I suppose I can't. So! If you look at my profile, you'll see a link after "Home Page" under "Information". That's my deviantART page (What a classy name I have there... *sarcasmsarcasm*). I upload far from everything to it, but there's still plenty of pictures to look at. Then if you drop me a PM when you can, I might be able to give you more. Cheers!

Handsome men.

Handsome men in suits.

Handsome men in suits.. with Allergies?

:yes:

Agreed. Oh my lord, I love absolutely everything about this. How did I not see it before?? I obviously don't spend enough time on the artwork board.

I would love to be that lucky lady.

Fabulous work, Nova! :lol:

Archived