Sneeze Fetish Forum

Converting wma files to wav files

Wishing

Ok, so I bought myself a mic, and this afternoon I recorded myself sneezing a triple, using the Sound Recorder (found under the Accessories section of my computer). I saved it, but it saved as a wma file, and I have no idea how to convert this to a wav or how to upload it so I can share it if I wanted to.

Can someone offer advice please? I'm not very technical in these areas and could use some help B)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Can someone offer advice please? I'm not very technical in these areas and could use some help :D

Thanks a lot in advance.

If I were you, I'd get audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ and use that to

record, post-process and export your audio. Get version 1.3 if you want the latest and greatest,

or version 1.2 if you prefer something that has been tested more thoroughly.

It is free software (both free as in "free beer" and free as in "free speech") and it is not too difficult to use.

It can also do more advanced stuff with your audio if you ever find a need for it.

Best regards,

Haeeshoo.

Audacity is very good, and will also allow you to edit your files. If all you're interested in is converting them, another good application is Smart Audio Converter:

Smart Audio Converter

Good luck; I hope this means we'll be hearing some yummy wavs soon!

If i'm allowed to ask, why would you want to convert it into a wav file in the first place ? :D

- It's not like people would have trouble playing wma files if you uploaded it somewhere.

- On Bondi's Wav Page are quite some wma files for example.

- If you wanted to upload it on youtube or something you would have to "convert" (or just add a picture in Windows Movie Maker) it into a video file anyway.

So ... why WAV ? :D

I use Beethink Audio Converter to convert wma files to wavs (it will convert to other file types too). It's free to download from that link.

So ... why WAV ? :D

My audio editor Reaper won't import wma files... but it works well in all other ways, and it's free. I find it easier to just convert my recorded wma files with BeeThink than to look for another editor that takes wma's directly.

.mp3 is more space-efficient, as well as better quality... just saying.

.mp3 is more space-efficient, as well as better quality... just saying.

Actually only the space-efficient part is true.

The quality is worse, because to save significant amounts of space (more space than you

could save by just zipping the .wav file), information is thrown away.

maybe the disparity I've noticed is the fact that people who record .wav files have crappier equipment? LOL

Anyway, Audacity is a good one, and so is Adobe Audition (that's my favorite).

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will give some of those and try and let you know how I get on :P

• 3 years later...

Hi,

This is probably not much help now, but you could also try doing it online for now.

I use Mediaconverter . org for converting formats. It also helped when my computer wouldnt run movie maker for some reason, just so I could turn video clips into audio only.

Hope this helped :3

Archived