Sneeze Fetish Forum

Foxes get sick, too! - (5 Parts)

cheetah

Yay! First fanfic up here! Also, sorry for the lack of sneezing in this chapter. Please be patient!

DISCLAIMER:

I do not own Tails, Sonic, Eggman, or any other characters. They all belong to SEGA!

You may notice some SonAmy references, as well as a slight SonTails theme. As there are a lot of 'How Tails and Sonic met' theories, well, putting a long story short, the tale behind that is Tails was kicked out of his Clan and adopted by Sonic as a little brother. Sonic and Amy are still a (kind of) couple.

CHAPTER ONE

When Falling In Frozen Lakes, Make Sure Your Tails Have Coats

Foxes, as a rule, do not like cold. As you (should) know, even Earth foxes hibernate. Of coure, Mobius foxes didn't. But that wasn't to say they liked cold.

Tails, despite being raised by a hedgehog, hadn't gone off this theory. However, due his longer fur, he didn't feel it much. That was why he was flying up to Sonic's room, yelling "SONIC! SONIC! EGGMAN IS ATTACKING THE LAKE DISTRICT!" and not minding it was snowing outside.

"Whoa, Tails! What?" Sonic hopped off his bed and looked at the fox.

"I was watching the News. There's a Eggman attack by the Lake! Appearantly he's just smashing up the place for no reason."

"No reason?" Sonic frowned.

"I know. This stinks of a trap."

A grin stretched its way across the hedgehog's face. A familiar gleam returned in his eyes.

"Oh, it's a trap all right. What are we waiting for?"

Sonic passed Tails in a blur and reappered in the same second wearing a coat.

"You're wearing clothes?" Tails said in surprise.

"What? It's snowin' outside, in case you haven't noticed! Come on!"

Zooooooom! Sonic dashed past Tails and paused outside the house, staring up at him. Tails flew out of the window, then dropped down to land next to Sonic.

"Whohohoho! Well, Sonic, what a surprise!"

"Hey, Santa, why are you out? It's not Chrismas yet!" said Sonic mockingly.

"Hmph! Well, then! Why not have some presents, now that you're here?" Eggman fiddled with controls a little.

Several bombs shot out of his machine. Both Mobians dived away.

"You forgot your cookies!" Yelled Tails and threw a couple of Ring Bombs. Eggman swerved to avoid them.

"ROBOTS! ATTACK!"

Several robots seemed to appear from nowhere.

"Bring it on, Omelette Butt!" laughed Sonic. He winked at Tails and disapeared in a blur. Tails jumped up and flew in pursuit of Eggman, leaving Sonic to deal with the robots. He landed on the window and curled into a ball in a sonic-like fashion.

"Oh ho...so, it'll be you, then, young Miles..." Tails froze at the menacing tone of Eggman's voice. "Wh-what...?"

"How do you feel about snow?" the doctor enquired with a grin.

Two metal cords wrapped around Tails' legs and he realised he walked...or flew right into a trap. Two nozzles were at the end of the cords. Tails felt them begin vibrate as he realised the cords weren't going to tie him up. They were going shoot something.

"Soni-!"

And the tubes fired.

For a moment Tails couldn't feel anything from the odd mist around him. He had time to realise they were shooting some strange icy-cold mist before pain set in.

"AAAAAAAAAAH!"

Sonic's head tipped up as a robot, the only one left, tried whipping him with a metalic arm. He kicked it away, still looking up, before turning to face it. It paused and he curled into a ball and went through it, then pulled off it's long, whip-like arm.

He saw the mist covering up his friends' figure, then a scream.

"Hey, Egghead!" he yelled angrily. "Let him go."

Eggman laughed.

"Oh, if you insist, old friend..."

That was when Sonic realised Eggman was hovering right above the frozen lake. And if he dropped Tails, that's where he would go. Sonic couldn't swim, and if he could, the water would still endanger his health, as it would Tails.

Oops.

Eggman's face appeared as the mist faded. His machine's visor dropped so he could clearly look at his fox prisoner. "Tell me, little fox, can you swim?"

Tails, in an act of desperation, moved his head to bite Eggman and used his sharp teeth to bite off half of his mustache. He wanted to pull it off, but his arms refused to move.

Tears filled Eggman's face.

"You'll pay for that..." He hissed. "So badly..."

He pushed a button and released Tails. The kitsune tried to whip around his tails...

...but he found they were too numb to move. They twitched uselessly. He glanced down at the lake, covered by a thick ice sheet.

"Oh..." he hit the ice, with a small grunt. For a moment, he thought he was safe.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

"Sonic?" he whimpered, shivering, half from cold, half from fear.

.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

"Tails!" a distant voice called.

Crk-crk-crk-crrrk...

"Don't go on the lake!" he yelled in alarm, hearing the creaking and cracking of the ice breaking. He tried to get up, but once again, his limbs refused to move.

CRK!

And the ice gave way.

Cold! That one word filled Tails' head. It's so cold! This water is like soft ice...it is soft ice!

"Tails!" Sonic crouched down, and spun. Faster and faster till he was a blur, then dashed across the liquid too fast to sink in. He only had time to hook on a large, whip-like robotic arm onto Tails before he almost began to sink. In alarm, he dropped the arm and dashed back before realising what he'd done. The arm began rapidly dispearing from view as Sonic cursed his instincts. He looked up at Eggman's small ship, and suddely seemed to appear on it.

Two in one! he thought.

"Hey, what happened to your mustache?"

"Your-"

Sonic punched Eggman's head and he fainted. "You look even more stupid."

He sat at the controls (on Eggman's lap, which he refused to think about) and random pressed buttons. One of them made the cords come out of the front. He tried another one, and a tinny Barbie Girl song began playing out of the speakers. Sonic paused before making the machine go down and pushing the cord into the water.

To be continued...

Sorry for the lack of sneezing, I'll make up for it in the next chapter!

So, please tell me what you thought and if I should continue!

This is a picture that this fanfic was based on. Yes, I was inspired by own art. XD

Thanks! ^^

'NUTHER DISCLAIMER: I don't own the song Barbie Girl, or the brand Kleenex (people, remember to make your disclaimers next time you use Kleenex. They need more credits!) I do own the other mysterious foxes in Tails' images, they're not real. Mkay?

Chapter Two

Momma Sonic

Tails was fading. Drowning. He knew it. Images were flashing through his head.

A yellow fox like him, with nine tails.

A lightning bolt.

Three more foxes, beating him up in the rain.

The yellow fox again, smiling and whispering "Son..."

Sonic grabbing his wrist and running. Random images and memories. He became vaguely aware of something hitting him, and held it. Then the images were just...black. The only thing he could feel was cold all around him, then nothing...

Sonic pulled Tails out, dragging him onto the machine. Eggman snored and Sonic, at the sight of his younger brother uncouncious and hurt, pulled off the other half of his mustache. Eggman woke up again, just in time to yell "NO! MY BABY!" before Sonic punched him again. Sonic grabbed Tails and jumped off the mini-ship, leaving a now mustacheless Eggman, with Barbie Girl still playing on the speakers.

Tails could see the yellow fox again. He was with a vixen. She had one tail. And blue eyes. Just like his.

They were facing something. Lightning seemed to strike the vixen, filling Tails with terror of his phobia. She dropped to the floor as the Ninetail turned towards Tails. Lightning seemed to be shooting at him, too...Tails saw his eyes fill with sadness and fear. He looked at Tails directly and calm suddenly seemed to overcome him. He smiled.

"Miles..." He seemed to about to say more, then stopped. His eyes glazed over and he collapsed.

Sonic stared at Tails as he lay unconcious by the fire, twitching and mumbling. Sonic would never admit it, but he was worried sick. He lay back on the sofa, deciding not to wake up Tails. On cue, Tails yelled "NO!" and jolted up as Sonic fell off the sofa in surprise.

Tails sat up, panting heavily, before he noticed Sonic. "Hm?"

"Ow," said Sonic. He sat up, rubbing his head, before his eyes rested on Tails. "Tails...?"

The kitsune looked terrible. He shivered, staring at Sonic with puffy eyes. What caught Sonic's attention was Tails' feverish blush and red nose. (Having a red nose is very impressive if your nose is usually black.)

"Are you OK, little buddy?"

Tails tilted his head. "Fide." And winced. His voice was congested and hoarse. Sonic raised an eyebrow.

"Hm." Sonic shook his head. "How do you feel?"

"I'be fide, Sonig."

"Oh, really." he placed a gloved hand on Tails' forehead.

"Sonig! Stob it! I said I'b fide!"

Sonic shook his head. "We need to get you in bed."

"But I- Hk'isch!"

Tails sneezed into his elbow in a very...vulpine way. Sonic laughed. "Even your nose thinks you should be in bed..."

"Shut u- Hk'sch! Heh...KSCHH!"

"Bed." said Sonic, firmly this time.

"But...H'KESCH! H'ksch!"

Sonic stared as Tails sniffling in an attempt to stop his nose running.

"Tails."

"What?"

"If you don't go to bed, I'm not giving you any tissues."

Tails stared at Sonic angrily. "H'kisch! HK'IsCH!"

"Well?"

"H'KiCH! Heh...CHOO!"

Sonic stared patiently. Tails glared at him.

"I knew you'd see it my way."

Tails sulkily blew his nose, still standing at the foot of his bed, being supported by Sonic. Sonic was amazed that his nose was dry on the outside when he was sneezing so much. Although he was acting smug, he actually just felt terribly guilty seeing what he'd done.

"Cad I ged up?"

"Tell you what, if you can walk and say 'N' properly, I'll let you get up." Tails' stared at him. His ears drooped in defeat.

"Thad's dot-H'KiSCH! -fair..."

"I'm not letting you walk around when you're sick."

"But Sonic, the Tornado-"

"No buts, Tails. The Tornado can wait." (Thanks Daisoku!~)

Tails' ears managed to drop even lower. He shivered.

"Sorry, little bro, but I already got you sick. I don't wanna get you worse." he paused. "C'mon. You look terrible. Please just rest." he added gently.

"H'KisCH! Heh...H'Keschoo!" Tails' nose seemed to agree. He sighed and slipped under the duvet.

"Now let me get the thermometer." he dashed out of the room.

Tails thought of the two foxes in his dreams. He knew who they were, but he didn't want to. He led a normal life, but Tails thought, as he closed his eyes, he was still an orphan.

His family had been killed by something. Electricity. Every time lightning struck, it brought painful memories and fear to him, too.

His family had been killed. Tails had no family, except a blue hedgehog who wasn't even related to him.

"H'KESCH!" a sneeze brought him out of his trance.

Tails moaned. It felt like there was a tap attatched to his muzzle, his throat was scratchy and he felt, as Sonic had guessed, terrible.

"Hk'isch! Hk'isch! Heh, H'KESCH!"

He sighed and stared out of the window, adding misery onto the list of symtoms.

"H'kISCH!"

Sonic could hear Tails sneezing. He made a mental note to buy more Kleenex.

"Uh, Sonig?" Tails called weakly, then, "Dever bide..."

Sonic figured what Tails needed anyway. His voice was so hoarse, it obvious he would want something to soothe it. And that he would never admit that to Sonic. He sighed. He knew being sick was high on Tails' hate list, near Lightning. He took a saucepan, and using his small culinary expierence, began an attempt at soup.

Tails whimpered and curled up in his duvet. Symptom list- Chills? Check.

"Hey, uh, little guy..."

Sonic opened the door holding the thermometer.

"Say ah."

Tails took it from him and put it in his mouth grumpily. Sonic looked at it for a while, concern growing on his face. "103." he said. "Oh, jeez."

"H'kisch! Wh- H'KISCH! What?!"

"I know. That's pretty high..."

Tails groaned miserably. Sonic sighed and got up, wishing he could do more.

To be continued...

Yay. We get to hear him sneeze at last. I know this probably isn't the most action-filled chapter, but there will be. Some. At some point.

Also, did you know that when a dog or fox has a dry nose, it usually means they're sick?

Why doesn't Tails get /chicken/ soup? This is mobius. Eating chicken is like, canibalism.

You used my liiine~ <3

^^ Happy happy~

He's so cuuute, and I love the way you've spelt the sneezes <3

Edit: Also I ADORE the OVA references. (The movie)

"AAAH! I'M AFRAID OF LIGHTENING!"

Daisoku. Gathering from what I've read, you're a SonicXamy fan. So. Every SonAmy moment in this will be dedicated you you. Why? Because. You're awesome.

Chapter 3

Tails-kuu!

Sonic stared glumly at the large, green goop that was supposed to resemble soup in a saucepan, his zillionth failed attempt. Tails' hoarse voice was fresh on his mind.

Brrrrng! Sonic dropped the saucepan as the phone rang and he jumped. He picked it up, placed it in the sink lazily and picked up the phone.

"Hellooo...?"

"Oh! Heya, Soniku!"

He checked the caller ID. Amy. Typical.

"Sonic, why haven' you called?" she said chattily.

"I wonder," muttered Sonic under his breath.

"So! Seeing as it's so snowy and romantic-"

"Amy, you said it was romantic in Autumn too."

"Exactly! Autumn and Winter are the most romantic seasons."

"You said the same about Spring too. And Summer."

"That's how perfect you make my life!"

Despite himself, Sonic blushed.

"Sooo...I was wondering if you would want to go on a date? Tomorrow?"

"Uhh..." Oh, god, she'll kill me if I reject her again. "Well, uh, I can't."

"Can't?!" her voice was suddenly hard and angry. "Why?!"

"Uh, because, Tails is sick and-"

"Oh! Tails is sick? Is he OK?"

"Uh, yeah, but-"

"What's wrong with him? Are you sick too?"

"No! I'm just taking care of him..."

"Oh, Soniku, I knew you were sweet and caring at heart!"

Sonic sighed. "Look, Ames, sorry, but I'm just not avaliable right now."

"OK! What's wrong with him? How's he get sick?"

"I think he has a cold or something, and, uh...he...got wet."

"Oh...Oh! Wait there! Bye!" and she hung up, leaving Sonic bewildered.

"What...?" and with another sigh, he shook his head.

"Heh, H'Kisch!"

"Uh, Tails?"

"H'kisch!"

"Eh, bless you."

"Dod't say thad- H'kisch! -every tibe I sdeeze..."

"I probably lose my voice if I did."

Tails smiled weakly. "H'kisch!" he grabbed a tissue. The bin was almost overflowing with them. He made a mental note to get more tissue.

"How's the nose?"

"Id's a tap dow. A sdeezing tap." and broke into another sneezing fit.

"Tails...look, I'm sorry..."

"H'kisch! Do...H'kisch! HEH-SCHi! Dod't be. Id's by fault for fallig for Eggbad's trap."

"It's...still my fault."

"Hhhhh-Kisch! Id's Eggbad's fault, Sonig, we did't do id."

"Eggbad? Suits him. Eggbad. Bad egg."

"Whad, he's bad and ad egg?"

"No, he smells like a rotton broken one."

Tails tried to laugh and instead broke into a chesty coughing fit.

"I'll get you some water." Sonic got up and walked out.

The yellow fox and vixen memories were still fresh in Tails' mind. He shut his eyes, thinking about them....it was so long ago.

Who was he, really, a Prower?

He wondered, if he'd had a family, what would they be like?

If he'd had a family. he sighed. It seemed, since this sickness had come on, all he could think about was them...who would be taking care of him, now, if they'd been there?

He sighed and turned over, a wave of misery washing over him.

Sonic rumaged around in the cuboards and the doorbell rang. His ear flicked. "Who could that be..." the last hour's Amy conversation had been forgotten, and he forgot to check. He just opened the door.

"Sonic!" Amy smiled. Sonic almost expected a tackle-hug, which he was relieved not to recieve. Amy thrust something into his hands, saying "Hold that!" and then strolling over to his stairs. "So! Where's our little best man gone? Ta-iiils?"

A muffled sneeze answered her question.

Sonic went to follow her.

"No!" she called down. "Stay there and heat that up!"

He glanced down at what he had pressed into her hands and realised it was soup.

"We're not even married yet and she's already in my house and making me do housework." Sonic sighed.

Tails was surprised to see Amy barge into his room. Her eyes grew big with worry when she saw him.

"Aw, Tails, are you okay?"

"H'kischoo!"

She was suddenly there, over him.

"Well, it's nice to know Sonic's trying to take care of you..." she murmured, eying his small red nose and feverish flush. Even his bangs seemed to be drooping over his pale face.

"Wait, how is your nose like that?"

"Like...what?"

"Red. You must be really sick if it's gotten like that..."

His flush darkened. "I-it's nothing..." he shivered.

Amy was already fussing over him. "That's one helluva fever there, Tails. How on Mobius did you do that to yourself?"

"More like how did I do that to yourself." Sonic said, appearing with the soup. "You want anything else, little bro?"

"Sigh..." Amy twirled around. "Big brother puts off his action and love life to take care of little brother...isn't that..."

"Romatic?" guessed Sonic.

"How'd you know?"

"Yeah, and you know what else is romantic? Girl is so lovestruck she insists on coming to join big brother." Sonic said before he could stop himself.

"Oh, Soniku, maybe you're actually getting the hang of this!"

"Uhhh..."

"H'kisch! Cad you kiss sobewhere else?" Tails sniffled.

"Oh! Sorry, Tails, do you need anything?"

"I'b fide."

"You keep saying that, but you know, you're going to have to accept you're pretty sick at some point."

"Cxch!" came the reply.

"Your sneezes are kinda small and squeaky. It's almost cute." laughed Amy.

"Thags." grunted Tails. "H'kesch!"

"Thanks for the soup anyway, Amy. I tried making some, but it kinda got ruined."

"H'kisch! I dod't thigk Sonig's cooking will bake be feel ady better." commented Tails.

"Got it sorted already!" chirped Amy.

"What?"

"I called Vanilla and told her you were sick. That's where I got the soup."

"You called Va..." Sonic tilted his head.

"Not just her. I think Knuckles was concerned. Uh, I think."

"You called him? Who else?"

"Not too many people. Vector tells you 'not to overwork the kid'."

"You told Vector too? Does Shadow send his love?"

"No, but he bets his chaos emerald you had something to do with it."

"My god, why is it so vital you tell everyone?"

"You're usually all over the place fighting Eggman. People are already wondering why you're not fighting him."

"Already? It's been two days!"

"You're that hardworking."

"H'kisch! H-hey, is ady- H'KISCH! Is adyode else comig?"

"Just Vanilla. I think."

"What if you end up getting what I've got?"

"We couldn't. We're a different species, silly! How'd you get sick, anyway?"

"Uh."

"That would be my fault." said Sonic sheepishly. "I kinda let Eggman drop him in a frozen lake."

"Sonic!" Amy looked up suddenly. "How could you?"

"Id was by fauld, Amby, dot Sonig's."

"We shouldn't be talking while Tails needs taking care of!" Amy said suddenly.

"Hypocrite." Sonic muttered.

"I bet Sonic hasn't been too attentive, huh?"

"Hey! I left Eggman alone, didn't I?"

"Only because we stopped you from knowing."

"Anyway..."

Amy was back to Tails. "Hmm, you see, I want to get used to taking care of kids, because, when Sonic and I are married, if we have kids..."

"Don't even think about it..." said Sonic darkly.

"...and because I'm worried about Tails."

"H'kisch! I'be..."

"Fide? You were going to say, 'fibe', right?" Sonic said teasingly.

Tails glared at him, before turning aside. "Cxch!"

"So, anyway, Sonic, are we going to do this or not?"

"Do what?" both boys chorused.

Amy shook her head and sighed. "You know what? I'm coming back later."

"Can you ask Vanilla for more soup?"

"Sure."

"Also?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks for coming." Sonic shot her a rare, genuine smile, and for once, she blushed in response.

Tails laid his head back.

Vanilla and Cream...He slapped the thoughts out of his head, but the familiar words were still coming.

You're family's dead now, Miles, and I killed them. There's nobody to help you now.

"Shut up." he mumbled to nobody in particular.

They're dead, just like you'll be when I'm finished with you...

He tried to stop remembering. But this illness just brought it on so much.

A tear gently crept out of his eye.

Sonic sat back on the sofa. He was pretty sure Tails was asleep, Amy had been gone for half an hour, and he guessed he could relax a little now...

Somebody knocked on the door and for the second time that week, he fell off the sofa.

"Hello?" he rubbed the back of his head in pain as he opened the door.

"Hello, Mister Sonic!" Cream smiled.

"Cream? Uh, hi, Cream, why are you here?"

"Mother sent me round here with this!" said Cream, handing him a container.

"More soup?" Sonic asked.

"Yep! She said she hopes Tails gets better..." Cream paused.

"Hm?"

"Can I see him? I mean...if it's no trouble..."

Sonic shrugged. "I dunno if he's awaaa..."

"H'KESCH!" Sonic's ear flicked.

"Okay, go on."

Tails heard a high voice pierce his sensitive eardrums. "Tails?"

"Oh, hey, Creab..."

"Are you OK?"

"Yeah..."

"I'be fide?" guessed Sonic.

Tails frowned. "...yeah."

"I...hope you get better real soon." Cream blurted, her eyes clearly worried at the sight of her sick friend.

"Chao chao chao!" Cheese wailed.

"Thangs..."

Sonic sat back.

"Okay. Let's bet. How many minutes till somebody else knocks?"

"Five."

"You're on. Ten."

"...CONTROL!"

Tails and Sonic glanced at eachother before Sonic dashed down to see who it was. As if it could be more than one person, or hedgehog.

"Yo, Shadow? Why are you here?"

The black hedgehog spun a Chaos Emerald on his index finger expertly, hesitating.

"I hear Eggman has been here." he said. "I was lied to, I'm guessing..."

"Why were you looking for Eggman?"

"None of your buiness, faker!" snapped Shadow, almost tensely. Sonic was a little confused.

"Uh...OK...So why are you actually at this house?"

Sonic could have sworn Shadow blushed for a second.

"I, uh, figured you would know if Eggman had been here."

A grin tugged at Sonic's lips.

"What are you grinning about?"

He wiped it off. "Nothing, nothing at all."

"Hmph. So, do you know where Eggman is?"

"Nope."

"Too busy with T..."

"H'kisch!"

Shadow paused, then seemed to relax. "What's wrong with the Pup?"

"Tails? He got sick."

"And you had something to do with it."

"Possibly."

"Thought so." Shadow paused. "Uh."

"Shadow, what is up with you?"

"Nothing! Okay, look, where's Tails?"

"In his room. Duh."

"Good. Speaking with you makes me crave intelligent conversation."

Shadow walked past him into the house.

Sonic paused for a few seconds.

"Heyyy...wait! Was that an insult?!" he followed Shadow indoors.

Yet still to be continued.

Has anyone guessed why Shadow is really there? *challenge*

Not much sneezing too...I need more spellings other than "H'kisch" and "Cxch".

<33333 SHAAAADOWWWWW~ <333333

Actually, I'm not really a Sonamy fan ^^;

I prefer Sonadow, but I haven't done anything shipping it that I'm ready to post to the public yet.

Except two pictures.

On my DeviantArt. (KatuTheKat if your interested.)

ANYWAY THIS IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT AND HELLO SHADOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

*thinks*

*draws a blank*

Also Shadow blushing made me squeal like a... something that squeals. <3333

I think I'm getting it... It's been a long time since I've read my fanfics...

I was originally gonna guess if Shadow wanted Tails' advice on Omega or something... ^^;

Edit: WOAHMYGODIJUSTGOTIT. Christmas on the ARK, right? OR IT COULD EVEN BE WINTER COLD BLUES :drool:

Maaan o.o My mind is so frazzled from the exams. Oh well, they're over now~!

Also I forgot to say in my first comment after the 3rd part, I looove the use of the nickname "Faker"~ It's just so SA2-esque~ And SA2 Shadow is easily my favorite Shadow <3

Edit2: Now that I think about it, It's definitely WCB. That was Eggman's fault too.

Also I always post more about what I love about it. Shadow's witty comment about craving intelligent conversation = LOL!

Wait..

*looks back*

*finally gets the real meaning of what you said*

*is an idiot*

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

And I'm really confused, too.

First I thought you were on about why Shadow was there, then I thought it was about my shipping preferences. ^^;

I'm so lazy with this... :hypoc:

I'm listening to Believe In Myself right now...and...it's....not doing anything.

Still a good song.

I LOVE THAT SONG <33333

Writer's block, huh? I know the feelin'. After a few days I usually get a burst of inspiration out of nowhere... at school. XD

Oh for the love of...I just typed out a whole new freaking chapter and IT'S GONE.

:drool:

The chapter is coming, but first. Daisoku, in reguard to the comment I made on your deviantArt...If anyne asks, SFF is the Sonic Fan Forum. :P

Now that I get the chance to say this...I'ma go down on my knees and beg you. PWEASE PWEASE PWEASE leave me a comment. Even if it's 'that was stupid'. Seeing people respond to what I've done makes me so happy, it's sad. So if you read the following passage, you HAVE to tell me what you thought, please! And yes, Shadow now refers to Tails as "the/ pup".

Guess What?

I got some new sneeze spellings. But really. Guess what.

IMAGES! Seriously, I'm illustrating this. Why? Because. I want to and I get what I want because I are a spoiled little girl.

2en2u6f.jpg

:rolleyes: Chapter Four :unsure:

Memories, Maria and Mustache Vengance

Shadow was slightly surprised as he entered. "Huh. You really out-did yourself..."

"Whad?" Tails mumbled.

"You look like hell." Shadow said bluntly.

"Id whad way...?" Tails sniffled. He'd found that, conveniently, his nose was running heavily too and he was sniffing constantly to keep its contents at bay.

Shadow's eyes ran over the kitsune's figure. He looked exhausted. Even his bangs and ears seemed to be drooping. He'd also noticed his nose and feverish blush, as well as that he was sniffling and sneezing like a maniac. He had also seen some kind of odd sadness in his eyes, that seemed familiar to Shadow.

"You look pretty tired." Shadow shrugged as he lied.

If he'd had the ability, Tails would have sighed through his nose. He sneezed instead.

"So, pup, has Sonic been playing nursemaid?" Shadow questioned.

"I prefer the term 'concerned older brother'." said Sonic huffily as he appearantly appeared out of nowhere.

"Yes." Tails smiled, then quickly added, "Playig codcered older brother."

"I knew you could be annoying, but I never thought it would be in a motherly way, Sonic." Shadow commented.

"Concerned older brother!" corrected Sonic.

"Whatever, Mom." Shadow snickered. "Anway, what happened to Faker Junior there?"

"He got the sniffles." said Sonic lightly. "Real bad."

"Hehh-isschhht!" Tails squeaked into an elbow. "H'kisch! Hetschh! Hschiiii!"

"Tails?" Sonic held out a rapidly emptying tissue box. Managing to take one while sneezing, he contained them while Sonic and Shadow exchanged glances.

"Hehschuu! Sorry..." he sniffed again. "I...Hchischh! cad't stob sdeezig..."

Sonic noticed his nose had become redder and he suspected it was sore, too. Tails contiued 'sdeezig' uncontrollably.

"Tails, are you OK?" Shadow said, his expression surprising Sonic. He looked slightly alarmed and concerned. The look was replaced by horror in realisation of what he'd done, and replaced again by an emotionless scowl. His cheeks burned to match Tails' feverish flush.

"Whatever. Look, I have to go. Faker, don't kill the pup."

And Shadow fled.

Shadow ran away, still blushing.

You're going soft, Shadow. I mean, you actually visited Sonic and Tails...out of concern. Soon you'll be hugging.

He could almost see Maria, laughing at him teasingly. He made a mental note: Next time he did that, think up an excuse. That reminded him of the strange expression in Tails' eyes. He remembered; mourning. He frowned. Who would Tails be mourning for...?

Sonic relaxed as the sun sank down into the snowy horizon. Tails was sleeping, and hopefully he would stay peaceful...

Alone. Tails felt alone, more lonely than ever. Memories and emotions he had locked away swirled around his head, trying to escape. He felt like he was dreaming. Hallucinating. That was what he thought before the hallucinations began.

Your family is dead, Miles, and I killed them...

"Shut up." he whispered.

You're all alone now. Nobody will help you. Not till you're dead.

"My family will help me." he whispered those same words he had back then.

You have no family, Miles.

"Sonic. Sonic's my...my new..."

Is he really your family, Miles? I think not.

Tails' thinking was clouded. He struggled between reality and the nightmare of his mind.

"Hehchisch! Just....leave me alone!"

I don't have to. You already are.

Tails screamed as the old, familiar nightmares replayed.

28h0nk1.jpg

Sonic heard a scream. Falling off the sofa again, he scrambled up to see who was killing Tails. He found him clutching onto his bed tightly, mumbling and crying slightly. He gently shook Tails' shoulder.

"Tails. Relax, little bro...Come back to Mobius..."

Tails tried to jump away and collapsed weakly. Sonic knelt down to pick him up to find he was shaking. He also felt hotter. Dragging him up, he waited for Tails to calm down a little.

"Are you alright?" Sonic said softly.

Tails was quiet for a moment.

"No."

Sonic was taken aback, expecting the "I'be fide" answer.

"I feel terrible." Tails sniffled, a pre-sneeze face coming on. "I feel terrible ad I biss theb..."

"You miss who?"

Tails shook his head. "M...Hehtschuuu!" He grabbed a tissue. "Hetissch! Hkishc! Hishtuuu!" He blew his nose, to no benefit whatsoever. "Heh-tschuu! Do I look OK? *sniff* By dose won'd stob ruddig and id's still- Hehchischh! blocked, I cad't stob sdeezig, I can hardly- Hehchschh!...move or talk and I...Hehtschuuu! hate it! I'b dot alright!" Tails managed through his sneezing fit.

"Oh." Sonic said simply, and Tails hunched over and began nursing his now sore nose. He hadn't been wrong about the running thing, Sonic noted. Tails was sniffling and snuffling every few seconds, sneezing as well. He figured Tails needed to vent it out.

"Who are you talking about?" Sonic asked, curious. Tails seemed to shake his head.

"Sorry." he mumbled. "Heschuuuu! By fever was speakig thed..."

"S'okay." Sonic said awkwardly. He noticed Tails' sneezing was stronger and wetter, and seeing as the common cold didn't usually bring on hallucinations, he suspected something. It seemed fishy, or rather, eggy...

A few hours ago...

Eggman, now mustacheless, stared in through the camera at the window. Disarming Tails' security for it had been child's play, nobody had even tried to stop him. And now he figured he knew why.

"So, that's where Sonic has been? Well, well, look what I did to Tails." he said. "Poor little cub. He looks quite sick."

a grin escaped his face.

"I must upgrade the camera. Maybe I'll use it to give him some medicine. Maybe I'll do it to Sonic...tempting, but he'll get suspicious. No, I'll stick with the fox. At least I have someone to express anger on."

He turned away to type into something.

"And plus, seeing him suffer is nice too..."

Tails was breaking down, he found. Tears slipped out of his eyes as he found himself shivering violently, suddenly feeling cold.

"Heschh! Hkischt! Kchschx!" he held up the millionth tissue to his muzzle. "Hehchisch! Kscheuu!"

Sonic noticed his crying, and awkwardly he put an arm round Tails. Tails seemed to curl up, his tails wrapping around him.

Tails sniffled wetly. "Sorry, Sonig." he mumbled. "I...Hehchhsh! It's like I'b beig controlled..."

Sonic looked around as Tails sneezed.

"Hehchhhisch! Hkisch! Hehschuu! Sonig, whad are you lookig at?"

Sonic shook his head. "Nothing." Tails is right. It's like he's being controlled...but if he is, I should too. No....

He pulled his brother close, almost hugging him.

Shadow stopped in front of Eggman's base. "So, the Chaos Emeralds are here?"

He looked at the metal building. "Hmph. So, that's where Eggman has been. Getting them." He prepared to break in.

"But if what I heard was real, than Eggman is obviously interfering with Tails. Sonic might be too occupied with Tails to think about it, but there's no way water will do that."

He paused, Maria's laughing image still there, giggling. He found himself catching on to that imaginary humour and smilling once, before wiping it off and mumbling, "I don't care much for Faker or his brother, but getting the emeralds out of here is a little too easy."

"Oh, puh-lease." a voice above him said. He jumped as Rogue drifted down. He expected her to make some remark about the emeralds being hers, but instead she murmured, "You know you're just worried, Shadow, about Tails being ill and Sonic being ignorant to a trap."

"Hmph. Something tells me you're trying to cover up your own feelings."

Rogue blushed slightly behind her make-up. "I came for the emeralds. They're the ones I have feelings for. If you help me, I'll help you with your dear Sonic."

"Not if you keep talking about it, you won't." Shadow said as they began get inside.

To be continued...

My, and the plot thickens. I got 3 PoVs to write now!

It just occured to me now that I'm not sure if foxes actually can get colds...dogs can though. Hm. :lmfao:

You must comment...

:D

I wish I had put the comments thing on the first time...:rolleyes:

Thanks! Tails is also going semi-insane. =3

Soft Shadow is loooove <33 He's reminded of Maria and is all nostalgic and caring~ How adorable!

Aww, poor Tails <3 <3... and Evil mustacheless Eggman! :) I wonder who this person in Tails's hallucinations is...?

Also I'll look up if foxes can catch colds or not for ya.

Edit: After a bit of reasearching I couldn't find a direct answer, but foxes are technically dogs(or at least, part of the family) so my instinct says yes, foxes can catch colds just as dogs can.

hwwhz8.jpg

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

I just had to draw that...XD

The mysterious person in Tails nightmares/hallucinations/past or something is a character of mine. He doesn't come in to this story though, except in the dreams.

Now...

I have to find out if HEDGEHOGS get colds. *google*

I don't think they do...appearantly they can get Herpes though. 0_o

Merged posts ~ obsessed

LOL!

;D As far as I'm concerned, real life can go out of the window as long as it means hedgehogs can get colds :hug:

plz no herpes D:

Archived