Sneeze Fetish Forum

Allergic to Love (F) - 1944 movie

r

I thought this day would never come. Thanks to my thoughtful wife, I finally got to see a movie that I suspect (as the last scene looked familar) I originally saw on TV as a very young child more than 50 years ago. (Yep I'm really old).

Allergic to Love. Universal 1944 starring the gorgous, short-careered actress, Martha O'Driscoll (she married a tycoon and left movies). I can finally report that the movie has 22 or 23 sneezes from O'Driscoll (who also played Daisey May in the movie Lil Abner and was in Abbout and Costello's Meet the Co-eds) and two male sneezes from the jittery stock broker near the end.

O'Driscoll's sneezes all happen between the 28 minute mark and the movie's end (64 minutes). They are all full face view or, at worse, one or two with good face-to partial profile (NONE from behind). This director REALLY knew what he was doing!!!.

Most if not all have a great buildups and large body bending sneezes (but not really over the top). They seem really natural. There are also one or two false starts and some nose dabbing with tissues.

In the story O'Driscoll's real sneezing is caused by the groom's new shaving cream (a gift) which he first uses on their honeymoon. But, of course, everyone thinks it is the groom himself that keeps her sneezing. The real cause becomes clear when O'driscoll finally kisses Noah Berry Jr. as he is shaving, gets the cvream on her face and start a nice fit. She then smears it on a Drs. face kisses him and starts sneezing again. When she smear it on the stockbroker's face he sneezes twice (the M sneezing in the movie). After that they get back on the cruise ship for their much interrupted honeymoon and, taking no chances, Berry grow a long bread.

No clips, no capabilities. Sorry. But at least we have some idea just what sneezing is in this movie.

No clips, no capabilities. Sorry. But at least we have some idea just what sneezing is in this movie.

Thanks for the tip anyways! :balloon: Sounds like a real beauty lol.

Archive.org has a radio adaptation that's free to download. With Barbara Stanwyck portraying O'Driscoll's character.

Yes, Pluto is correct. It was offered on Ebay and I assume that it is quite feasible it will be offered again at some point.

- the sneezing is all in part two with a very little in the first minute of part 3. This one's really a classic, I definitely wish we could get our hands on the acted version...

R,

I second the question asked a couple posts above....how/where were YOU able to see the acted movie? Just curious.....

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived