Sneeze Fetish Forum

Suspicious?

Blah!?

I just did a random YouTube search for sneeze videos and I came across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydknFHuOeo

I can't help but feel I've heard this wav somewhere before. I'm almost positive it was from a member of this very site. Now, unless they gave permission for the studio to use it, that effectively means they've taken it for the purprose of advertising themselves even though they didn't have a hand in producing it at all.

Am I just being paranoid? If I am, I'll shut up, but I can't help but feel there's some theft going on.

It was certainly on chez Bondi some years ago, and I suspect it was one of those which Blushing Butterfly took down some time ago; was it called "The Challenge"? Presumably someone has already complained. The question is, could one enforce a complaint of copyright infringement over such a performance [YouTube seems to think so], or since this is "advertising" a Yahoo group, should the author allow it to be retained to spread its undoubted glory through the community...?

That would be a decision for the author himself/herself to make, and I'm pleased that Youtube was willing to listen to the complaint that was made. Quoting Bondi's page from where I assume this recording was obtained (I've never seen it anywhere else):

Wavs belong to their respective authors, who retain any and all rights to the wavs in question, including the right to have them removed with or without reason.

The Staff are very keen to protect the rights of .wav authors, many of whom are also members here (sometimes under different names), particularly from their use in advertising commercial products/services or being passed off by someone else as their own work. While Youtube itself is outside our jurisdiction, members who have any concerns about the origins of a recording they find there are welcome to contact us for help in attempting to get in touch with the author to make sure they are aware their work is being used in this way.

Archived