Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Voice Within - (3 Parts)

LetMeBe

Decided to write. let me know what you think. I've abandoned my other story about Jason. It was super lame. lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell me what's on your mind...and you aren't allowed to say nothing." He said.

Silence was the worst. Allina hated it more than nonstop chatter. The problem with silence was that while everything is being left unsaid people are thinking of everything they wish they could say but won't. Being that Allina was neither direct nor confrontational, the silence was usually a result of her inability to think of anything good to say. Fortunately, she grew up in among 5 very gregarious individuals, which usually meant Allina didn't have to say anything if she didn't want too. She'd just wait for someone else to fill the silence and rescue her from her insecurities. It's the way it had been her entire life...until she met Dane.

Fidgeting in the passenger's seat, Allina tried to think of something to say. Her love for Dane was overwhelming, in the most debilitating way. She'd had plans to be a doctor. In fact, she met Dane in her first year of medical school. After staring into his deep green eyes the entire night on their first date, she knew that he would be the best thing that would ever happen to her. Today, with every mile they drove closer to the ski lodge where her family awaited them, Allina could feel herself growing uncertain of everything she had believed to be true. I'm nervous, and I shouldn't be.

"Am I talking to the wind?" Dane asked, with a warm smile spread across his lips.

"No," Allina smiled reassuringly. "I'm just...thinking."

"As always. And yet I never know what you're thinking about."

"That's not true, Dane. I just..."

Allina waited couldn't find the words, and Dane wasn't one to bail her out. After having been together for a little over a year, he still refused to put words in her mouth. He always waited for her to find her own. Sometimes it took her five minutes to really figure out what it was she wanted to say. Dane always waited, with a warm smile.

"I'm nervous." Allina confessed a few moments later.

Dane readjusted his rear view mirror and glanced over at her. "Me too babe. How do yo-" Dane inhaled abruptly while bringing his left hand up to cover his nose and mouth. "Huh-hiptch-ew!" Dane rubbed the tip of his nose with his index and middle finger, before sniffling gently.

He began to try and finish his sentence but Allina could tell by the way his eyes fluttered and his nostrils flared that he was going to sneeze again. "Huh-Aptchu!"

"Bless you. You alright? You've been blowing out my ear drums with your sneezing all morning." Allina teased, reaching over to rub the back of his head.

"First of all, I've only sneezed like 4 times. Second of all, I don't sneeze that loud. Third of all, back to what I was saying before I was rudely interrupted."

"Interrupted by who? Your nose?!!" Allina giggled thinking she was so clever. Dane couldn't help but crack a smile and shake his head in amusement.

"But I want to be serious for a moment Lina. I've never met your family. All I know is you're the second to last child of 4. Everyone is very outgoing and talkative except for you. Your father can be judgmental but he's a nice guy and your mother's mouth has no filter. Am I right so far?"

Knots formed in Allina's stomach just thinking about what they were about to walk into. When she didn't reply right away, Dane reached over and placed his hand gently on her stomach. His eyes never left the road. Allina loved how careful of a driver he had become since he found out she was pregnant three months ago.

"So far." Allina confirmed nodding her head.

"Okay. And none of them know about the baby?"

"No one." Allina could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She tried to hold them back but she couldn't and she knew as soon as she saw her family she was going to begin sobbing as well. Apart of her was already mad at herself for crimes that had yet to be committed.

"Lina? Baby?" When Allina didn't respond, Dane got off the highway and pulled into the gas station. By this time, Allina began to sob profusely and her hands began to tremble. She was being a baby. She was being a baby because she was having a baby to the man she loved more than any other human being in the world. Why? Because she was afraid. Always so afraid.

Dane turned off the engine and turned towards her. Knowing his subtle gestures better than she knew her own, she anticipated his hand being brought up to her face. He did so without fail. Then, she awaited for him to wipe away her tears with his thumb, barely brushing her cheek. Lastly, she waited for him to dip his head trying to find her gaze before sending over a sweet smile and kissing her forehead for at least 5 seconds. Sometimes longer. Allina had never felt so loved and so conflicted.

"I need to know that we're going in there as a team Lina," Dane stated quietly after she had regained some composure. "They are gonna have lots of questions and they might even be a little upset because you've kept them in the dark for so long. It's the first time they are meeting me and now I'm going to be the father of the baby they didn't even know you were having. Not to mention...I'm not a doctor."

"And i want to drop out of med school, which is going to piss everyone off even more."

"Maybe you should save that one for a rainy day, yeah?" Dane said through a nonchalant grin. "It's not like we want them to throw us on the street or anything."

"They are going to want to know if-"

"Hip-Tch-u! Huh-Aptchu!" Dane sneezed violently into his left hand again. He sniffled trying to regain his composure but it only made the tickle in the back of his nose worse. Sucking in a sharp breath, Dane hung in ambivalence for ten seconds before sneezing a third time.

"I'm sorry babe, say that again." He said trying to conceal his increasing congestion. It was unlike Dane to sneeze so much, and when he did it could only mean one thing...he was catching a cold. Believing in the big bang over Christ didn't stop Allina from praying against the possible cold Dane was brewing.

"Sure you're feeling okay?" Allina asked just as a wet sneeze escaped Dane's nose. "I'm going to take that as a no." She said handing him a kleenex.

Dane blew his nose before responding. He couldn't deny he was becoming more and more full of mucus as the morning progressed.

"What color is it?"

"What?" Dane asked bewildered.

"Your mucus. Is it a yellow tint? If it is it means you have a cold."

Dane opened his kleenex to take a look and shrugged. "A little yellow, mostly clear. I'll be ITCH-EW (sniffle) fine."

Allina released an exasperated sigh while looking out the window. Dane didn't make any effort to re-start the conversation. They both sat there looking devoid of any certainty of what was ahead.

"Listen Lina, none of this is a mistake and we love each other, and most importantly we are adults. Responsible adults. I'm not a doctor but last I checked making $80,000 base salary in Pharmaceutical Sales isn't too shabby."

"They hate sales people Dane," Allina replied wearily staring out the window.

Silence settled in once more. She'd gotten to know silence pretty well since she'd met Dane. It didn't exist much in other relationships she'd had, including friendships. Everyone had enabled her from day one...except Dane. So there she sat in the passengers seat. Unsure of what awaited her at the ski lodge. Unsure of what she might say. And absolutely terrified because she knew she'd have to say something.

Dane started up the car again. The couple continued to drive in silence until the reached the ski lodge 30 minutes later. When they pulled into the parking lot, they both sat in the car, waiting for something to be said.

"I love you more than anything, Lina." Dane whispered. "Please remember that."

Reaching out to grab his face, Allina brought his lips to hers after whispering breathlessly, "I will."

Passionate kisses were interrupted by Dane pulling away and sneezing three times in succession. "HuhItchu! Uh-huptchu! IHitchu!" Pinching at his nose in desperation, Dane couldn't find any relief as he threw his head back to sneeze into his cupped hand once more. "IH-ITCHU!" Dane wiped the water that was seeping from his eyes and nose.

"When you sneeze Dane, use your arm. It's more sanitary that way." Allina suggested. "My family will pick up on it and say something."

Dane looked over at her sharply. "Bless you, would have been nice Lina. But thanks for the tip, I'll remember that."

The ever so present sarcasm came out of left field. She was trying to help and he was offended.

"Bless you, baby." She said as Dane got out of the car, slamming the door shut.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do ya'll think? If it's lame, SAY SO! And I'll try something else. lol.

Mmmm contaigon :wacko::D I really like the plot thus far, it sounds like something that would actually happen ;)

Part 2

Feet glued to the floor, heart beat racing, Allina could barely force her lungs to breathe. The second Dane had shut...more like slammed...the car door shut, all 5 of her family members raced out into the parking lot ready scrutinize. It was as if they had a radar that alerted them that She and Dane had arrived. Allina watched as the expression on Dane's face changed from annoyance to surprise.

It was her Dad that greeted him first, extending his hand and giving Dane a pat on the back. Her mother worked her way between them and gave him a huge hug as if they had been family since forever. They are faking this like no other, Allina thought to her self still unable to get out of the car. Before she could give herself a pep talk her younger sister Addie swung up the door and gave her a big smile.

"You can't hide, Ally!" Addie said pulling her into a big embrace and then backing away in surprise. The grin from Addie's porcelain like face dwindled. She brought her hand up to her razor cut, dark brown hair and squinted her light brown eyes in confusion. Faces. Addie always made faces. It was a running joke in the family that she should be a mime, but today Allina wished she would have some discretion.

"There's my baby sister!" Giles said grabbing Allina's arm. He too pulled her into a hug but seemed to not notice a thing. Allina looked over at Addie's perfectly made up face, which was still frozen in the "no you didn't" countenance.

"Where have you been hiding?" Her eldest brother asked incredulously.

"Where do you think she's been Giles? She's been busy studying, isn't that right Ally?" Addie chimed in quickly, covering for her.

"Glad to know 'the boyfriend' isn't a distraction." Giles looked over at Dane incredulously, as he rubbed the bottom of his chin. A habit he'd had since childhood.

"Oh I wouldn't go that far." Allina dug her hands in her pockets and forced a smile, as she locked eyes with the sibling that knew her best. Gabe.

He was older by 6 months. They had been a fluke accident where her mother became pregnant again with another child during her pregnancy with Gabe. They had done more than shared a womb. Allina and Gabe had been childhood playmates, following each other around. They even attended the same undergraduate program and recently separated for med school. Allina chose to stay in Washinton, DC while Gabe went to Connecticut in pursuit of Harvard. Gabe had always been her biggest fan and her worse critic. She knew out of everyone, it would be him that would be the most disappointed. Seeing him now, standing erect in his Harvard hoodie, peering over at her through his glasses as his dark curls obstructed his vision every time the wind blew.

"Did you miss me?" He asked Allina as he reached in to embrace her. Feeling the panic, Allina was prepared to give an awkward hug, when Addie cut in between them and roped her arm through Allina's.

"Of course not! No one ever misses you Gabe! Come on everyone! It's cold out here!" Addie shouted rounding up the troops.

"Giles! Gabe! Help Dane with the bags," Allina's mother said in her sing song voice that Allina hated so much. Dutifully, Allina placed a kiss on her mothers cheek and linked her arm through hers as they gave each other a sideways hug.

"His adorable honey," Amy said kissing her daughter's forehead.

Allina should have breathed a sigh of relief...but she knew first impressions were not always lasting impressions.

"My sister knows!" Allina whispered in a panicked voice the moment they were alone in their hotel room.

"Good! Maybe she'll tell everyone and we won't have to do anything," Dane joked checking out their accommodations. "this is a nice room"

"Maybe I'm not quitting med school. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do." She said pacing back and forth.

"What were your reasons for wanting to quit anyway Lina?"

Allina shrugged. Folding her arms across her chest, she sat on the bed staring out of the window. In the window's reflection, she could see Dane bring his hand up to his face and shut his eyes in preparation for a sneeze that seemed to linger in the back of his nose.

"Shit, it won't come!" His breath hitched and he pinched at his nose trying to encourage it to make a decision. "Huh Huh Hhih ITCHU! HuITCHU!"

Dane rubbed his nose vigorously and began hitching again as their door opened. Allina jumped out of her skin as she saw her little sister walk in authoritatively, closing the door shut behind her.

"I need to talk to you." Addie said sternly.

"Huh- ATCHU!" Dane's wet sneeze was of little importance to Addie. She glanced over at him while grabbing Allina's arm and dragging her into the bathroom.

"I'm borrowing her." Addie announced. Dane waved her off as he sneezed a fourth, more restrained sneeze. "And use your arm not your hands Dane! You're spreading your germs around!" Addie spat out before slamming the bathroom door shut.

"What are we five?" Allina asked in a hushed voice. "Don't slam doors and be mean to him. You haven't said-"

"Tell me what is going on!" Addie interrupted. Addie's fiery was overwhelming, and Allina could feel herself grow tired. "You're pregnant aren't you?"

Allina opened her mouth to say something, but Addie took the liberty of lifting her sweater and exposing her baby bump. Jaw dropped, hands to her head, tears in her eyes Addie looked as though she saw a ghost. Be tough, Allina told herself, but already she was falling apart.

"Gabe doesn't know does he? Of course he doesn't, he'd kill you! I might kill you! Mom and dad will for sure kill you!"

Allina blocked out Addie's rampage and listened to Dane's continuous sneezing in the background. She heard him sneeze three more times, each sounding wet and agitated. He was definitely coming down with something. Dane was a lot of things, but he was not a sneezer. She only wished his immune system would have picked a different weekend to fail him.

"So are you telling everyone at dinner or not? Are ya'll getting married? You have to get married, you know that right? Grandma will have a heart attack and Mom will die of embarrassment and Dad will give you that "you failed me after all I've done for you" look! And you don't want that!"

Allina stared at her reflection in the mirror and watched as her younger sister continued to patronize her. Addie had always been the cute girl with the big personality. Many people said they often looked alike, but Allina was much more subdued in her appearance while Addie was fearless with fashion. It was natural for her to be brash and somewhat defiant. It was always Allina that did as she was told. If Addie were in her situation, she'd accept her fate and tell everyone that she was making the rules, but Allina was different, in what felt like the worse ways.

"So we've decided! At dinner you are going to announce to everyone that you are pregnant and engaged! Sound like a plan? By the way, what's his specialty?"

Allina dropped her head as the tears flooded out.

Addie sighed dramatically. "He's not a doctor is he? Does he even have a job?!"

"He has a job Addie!" Allina fired back in annoyance. "He's a pharmaceuticals rep."

Addie shrieked in horror. "NOT a legal drug dealer. Anything but a legal drug dealer!"

"Don't call it that," Allina begged. "And I'm going to need your support out there Addie."

Addie wiped wisps of her hair from her face and shook her head. "You need Jesus Ally, because I can't save you!"

Addie thrust open the door and threw Dane a repugnant glare as he abruptly sneezed violently into his left fist. "Huh-APTChu!"

"Your arm Dane! Use your arm!" Addie said before exiting the room and slamming the door shut.

Allina sauntered out of the bathroom reluctantly. Dane's nose was pink, his face was flushed, and he wore the expression of an impending sneeze that he managed to ward off as he blew his nose into a kleenex.

"Bless you," Allina whispered drinking him in. Even when ill, Dane was indubitably handsome. His olive toned skin, kept him from over looking too pale. He had a roman nose that was strong and straight, although when his nostrils flared it seemed his entire nose became magnified. His deep green eyes and dark brown hair were the perfect contrast. Allina often found herself getting lost into him. His full lips, his brawny build, his even 6 ft stature, she wondered how he'd ever managed to pick her, when he could've had anyone.

"Thank you," Dane sniffled without looking at her and continued to blow his nose. From the sound of his endless congestion, his cold was sinking in rather quickly. Her prayers had fallen on deaf ears.

"Should I call the concierge and ask for medicine? Decongestants? Thermaflu? Dayquil?"

"I'm fine Allina," Dane said wearily taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"We're going to tell them at dinner. Is that okay?" She asked her voice barely audible. "The sooner they know the better."

"I'm not worried about telling them. I'm worried about what is going to happen when they start ragging on my profession, blaming me for your pregnancy, and blaming me for your decision to quit med school, a decision I still don't understand by the way, because you've stopped communicating with me."

Allina said nothing, as Dane expected.

"I give you an opportunity to talk and you don't. I heard what went on in that bathroom, you hardly said anything."

"That's not true."

Dane threw up his hands as if he surrendered. "i don't want to fight with you. Dinner is in 20 minutes, let's get dressed and just go get it over with."

Allina pressed her body to his back and began rubbing her fingers on the back of his neck. She could feel his body tense up, so she backed away figuring he was upset. When he shuttered impetuously and brought his hands to his face, Allina watched as he took several deep breaths before releasing a single "Huh-ERATCh-Ah"

"Are you going to be okay through dinner?"

"No, because I keep forgetting to use my arm." He snickered rolling his eyes.

"I think it's sexy when you sneeze." Allina confessed matter of factly. "Just not in front of my family."

" We're down to 15 minutes. Get dressed and get prepared mentally."

"Kiss me first?" Allina begged.

"No. I'm not going to have them blaming me for getting you sick too."

Allina wanted to fling herself off the balcony. Dane was one edge, Addie was on edge, and she wanted to evaporate. Her life didn't use to be so eventful, what scares her most, is that the climax is right around the corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, Are the scenes too prolonged? Am I spending too much time on details instead of getting on with the story line? Lemme know!

I'm enjoying the story, including the level of detail. Although I'm fairly sure that this:

her mother became pregnant again with another child during her pregnancy with Gabe

is impossible. Which kind of has me waiting for the revelation that Allina's adopted, and would fit in with the fact that she's so unlike the rest of her family... am I overthinking this? :wub:

The relationship dynamic between Allina and Dane is quite sad to watch, though. I hope things improve for them...

I'm enjoying the story, including the level of detail. Although I'm fairly sure that this:
her mother became pregnant again with another child during her pregnancy with Gabe

is impossible. Which kind of has me waiting for the revelation that Allina's adopted, and would fit in with the fact that she's so unlike the rest of her family... am I overthinking this? :wub:

The relationship dynamic between Allina and Dane is quite sad to watch, though. I hope things improve for them...

Thanks for commenting! Unfortunately, allina is not adopted although I'm sure she wishes she was. And as for the being pregnant while pregnant thing. it is actually EXTREMELY RARE but it is possible. It's called Superfetation. Don't ask why I know this, (I'm a nerd?) lol.

I. LOVE. IT! Iloveit! It's impossible not to! You most definitely are not taking too long in scenes, and it doesn't drag on at all! I really like how you make me feel their tension and poor Dane's misery...of course, I'm definitely more like Addie then Allina, but still, I really like where this is going! Thanks for the update :laugh:

Thank you for the encouragement/feedback! I'm trying write more before the busy week comes.

Part Three

The food was delicious. According to everyone else that is. In spite of her turkey burger being half way gone, she couldn't remember if she liked it or not. Confusion seemed to be glued to her as she tried to create certainty within her mind. Saying something to her family without conviction was just like not saying anything at all. To make matters worse, Dane's cold didn't seem to be taking it easy on him at all. While he had yet to sneeze during dinner, she often saw him rubbing at his nose and sniffling discreetly. By now, the ends of his nostrils were pink from his incessant rubbing and pinching. It didn't help that everyone had been watching him intently from the moment he walked into the room. Her family took note of his every move, while formulating their mental reviews. Allina found herself disgusted by how obvious they were being about it.

For some reason, she didn't remember anyone else going through this much scrutiny when they brought their significant other home. Giles was known to have a different girl every 6 months, and no one ever seemed to have a problem with it. They must know something is up, Allina rationalized.

"So Ally, how's school going sweetheart?" Her father asked over his wiry glasses.

"Ally's always been brilliant. She's probably kicking butt and taking names." Gabe said.

"Have the class rankings come out?" Her father asked.

Allina made no attempt to respond. Without fail, Giles chimed in. "Those usually don't come out until around February Dad."

"Well make sure you keep us in the loop Allina." Before Allina could say something her father turned his attention to Dane. "What was your specialty again Dane? It's seemed to slip my mind."

Vomit was on the verge of spewing everywhere if Allina couldn't keep herself together. She reached for her sprite and took a long sip, rubbing her right temple simultaneously.

"I'm a specialty pharmaceuticals sales rep for GlaxoSmithKline." Dane said nonchalantly, as if there would be no repercussions. Allina kept her eyes glued to her plate. Rubbing her temple even harder to keep her brain from exploding. "Endocrinology and Cardiology are my main focuses-"

"I fuckin hate reps," Giles said shaking his head in disdain. "As if we don't have enough to do during the day, they want to come in and tell us a sales pitch about things we already know. It's insulting to my intelligence."

Allina had heard Dane complain often about the arrogance of doctors. "We know how the medicine works, we can tell them how it will help the patient and they won't listen because they "think" they know every damn thing. They might know medicine, but there's no way in hell they can keep up on new information about brand new drugs. They need us!" Dane had often ranted after a long day at work. While Allina agreed with him, now was not the time to say that.

"So you manage to stay abreast of all the new information about the different drugs that come out each year?" Dane asked casually.

"Yeah, I do," Giles asked laying down his fork as if to intensify the situation.

"That's very admirable then Giles. Most of the doctors I know are too busy with all of their patients and managing their various practices to stay abreast ont he material. The smart doctors don't try to stay abreast, they just allow reps to come in and keep them informed."

"I don't trust reps. They'll say anything to get you to write a script!"

"I don't trust doctors. They are painfully negligent when it comes to doing what's best for the patient. They typically do what's best for their pockets."

"How would you know? You aren't one." Giles continued, obviously angered.

"Boys, settle down." Allina's mother chimed in. "Giles there is no reason to argue with a rep."

The table grew quiet. The comment was meant to be insulting. Allina knew it was. She didn't have to see anyone's face to know they were looking at her. To her left she could feel Gabe's eyes burning a hole through the side of her face. Would now be a good time? She wondered.

"Huh-MMpxt-ew. Huh-INXGT-u." Dane managed to stifle two sneezes into his napkins. Allina could hear his congestion as he sniffed trying to regain his composure. However, the sniffle seemed only to unravel him more as he hitched his breath, turned away from the table and sneezed a third time "ETchu!"

"Sounds like a cold," Her mother responded.

"Should have used your arm, it's more sanitary. Now you can't use that napkin!" Addie spat out.

"I haven't had a cold in like 5 years," Giles snickered looking over at Gabe who was busy staring at Allina, who's eyes were still glued to her plate.

"Yeah, you should have used your arm," Allina's dad chimed in.

The apprehension inside of Allina was intensifying. She could feel her anger and humiliation begin to rise exponentially. Her family was doing what they always did, pick. They picked at each other, they picked at others. It's how they always had been, but why was Allina just now realizing how rude and superficial they could be? Because they are doing it to Dane, and I love him.

Dane turned away from the table gearing up to sneeze again. Allina could hear his desperation as he hitched his breath and inhaled deeply before stifling "HUH- NGXT-U! Itchu!" Every sneeze was barely controlled. A few more of those and Dane wouldn't be able to control it anymore. She hated the way everyone kept staring at him as he tried to recover.

"Excuse me," he muttered his voice full of congestion.

"Perhaps you should excuse yourself and go lie down. We don't want to be near all of that." Allina's mother said dismissively, thrusting Allina into complete embarrassment. She could feel Dane tense up obviously offended by the suggestion, when Allina didn't jump in at his defense. Dane through his napkin on his plate and got up to leave.

"I'll be up in a minute," Allina whispered grabbing his hand. Dane shook his head and left without saying a word.

The moment he was out of ear shot everyone came at her with a million questions. If ever she was going to get a backbone, now would be the time to have one.

"Shut up!" She screamed already feeling the tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm pregnant. I'm four months pregnant. I found out three months ago and I've been keeping it a secret because I knew that NONE of you would approve, and I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I love Dane! He is not a doctor and I don't care. I really don't, and I don't understand why any of that matters anyway."

"You're pregnant?" Giles repeated in utter disgust. "I knew something was up. I could taste it. That guy is a weasel Ally you can't trust him."

"Ally, he got you pregnant on purpose. If you're in a bad situation and want to get out of it-"

"Addie, what are you talking about? A bad situation? seriously, what are you talking about?"

"What she means honey, is that you have options if you don't want to be with him. Don't feel stuck in this relationship we are all here to support you." Her mother said.

"I think everyone missed the part where Ally said she loved him." Gabe said clearly, confidently, authoritatively. "I'm not any happier about this than anyone else, but let's give her a break. I'm not pissed you're pregnant Ally," he turned his attention to her. "I'm pissed you waited three months to tell me. Them?" He pointed to the rest of the family. "I completely understand why you waited three months to tell them. But this is me, we're talking about."

Gabe did little to mask the hurt in his eyes. In all of her distress she never once thought that Gabe could have been on her side the entire time. He had always been critical of the guys she dated so she naturally assumed he wouldn't be a fan of Dane. Dane. Who any of them hardly knew.

"I'm thinking of dropping out of med school," Allina whispered.

"WHAT?!" everyone shouted in unison, including Gabe.

"Why would you do that?"

"No!"

"We are doctors in this family Ally!"

"Is he pressuring you to do this?! I'll punch his punk ass in the face!"

"Giles watch your language!"

"Honey don't be irrational."

"Too late for that. Everything she's done since she's met the guy has been irrational up to this point!"

"Are you sure Ally?" Addie asked.

"She's not sure!" Her mother responded.

"I can't believe you're doing all of this and you never once told me. I thought we were closer than that." Gabe said staring into her eyes.

"It's that guy, I'm telling you." Giles concluded.

"Who doesn't know the proper way to cover your mouth? Grade school stuff." Addie said more to herself than anyone else.

They were all so caught up in their comments, their criticisms, their conversation about Allina that never included her. It was then that she really began to appreciate Dane. Dane, who was upstairs by himself. Sick.

Allina stood up from the table and walked out of the restaurant without saying a word. She rushed up to her room and breathed a sigh of relief to see that Dane hadn't abandoned her. He lied in bed next to a box of tissue as he watched tv. Some basketball game.

"Just so you know. I was going to leave, but it's a fuckin blizzard outside." Dane stated dryly in a nasal tone. Allina glanced out the window. It was snowing pretty bad.

She closed and locked the door, before climbing in the bed next to him.

"I told them," Allina whispered brushing his arm with her fingers.

Dane remained expressionless.

"They reacted just the way I thought they would." She commented, hoping he'd say something. "They were firing all of these questions at me, and no one was listening and they were saying how you were a bad influence on me-"

"And what did you say?" Dane fired at her now staring her in the eyes, his anger painfully evident.

"I said that I loved you."

"Are you sure you didn't cower with your head down and your eyes covered?!" Burn. His words burned, but she knew that she deserved it. "You left me out there by myself. You know that right?"

Allina nodded. The sound of her cell phone distracted them both. It was Gabe calling her.

"Hello?"

"Ally, come back to dinner."

"No."

"Is he going to marry you? He's not going to leave you is he?" she could hear the panic in his voice. He was worried about her, legitimately worried about her. As long as she would be taken care of, Gabe didn't care. The way that Dane was staring at her, she really couldn't tell if they'd even be together after this weekend.

"I'll have to call you back." Allina whispered before hanging up the phone.

Silence made it's self at home again. Dane had turned off the tv and was just lying there, with only the sound of his obstructed breathing filling the room. Allina moved her hand from his arm to his head, rubbing it in circular motions not overusing her nails, but scratching enough to make him close his eyes and relax a little. Ten minutes had passed and nothing had been said. Allina thought Dane had fallen asleep until his eyes fluttered open, his forehead creased and his nostrils flared.

"HII- ATCHu! HUPTCHU!" Dane sniffed in an effort to find some relief but it was to no avail. He sneezed a third and fourth time, each one growing more desperate than the last, his entire body shaking with each blast.

"Ih-huh-HI-APTCHU!" Dane blew his nose into a kleenex after the fifth sneeze, and then sneezed a tired "Huh-ERAptchu."

Allina leaned in to kiss his forehead, and then made a phone call to room service for medicine.

"I'll be okay Lina." He said closing his eyes. Curling up close to him, Allina continued to stroke him tenderly. She felt his masculine hands rest on her thigh.

"I'm sorry," Allina whispered to him.

A small smile spread across Dane's face. "You know I'll fight for us Lina. I just can't be the only one."

Allina cuddled up as close as she possible could to her man. Dane's hand moved from her thigh to resting on her only slightly protruding stomach.

He started to say something when he was overcome with an unexpected sneeze. He just barely managed to turn away from her.

"Bless you. You aren't still upset are you?"

Dane rubbed at his nose and manage to catch another sneeze in between his thumb and index finger. "With all of this sneezing, I really don't have the energy to be mad. I just want us to be okay. You and me. I don't care what they say, but I know you do and that's the hard part."

"I do care what they say, but not more than I care about being with you." Allina confessed.

The grin that spread across Dane's face couldn't be contained if he tried.

"Kiss me?" Allina said leaning in.

"I don't-"

"Kiss me?" She said again moving in closer.

"I'm serious babe I don't want you to-"

"Kiss me!" this time Allina didn't ask. She demanded as she leaned in closer brushing her lips against his and then pressing them together as if in an effort to taste him. Dane held her closely and rested as the love of his life placed kisses all over him.

"You still mad?" Allina asked seductively once she'd returned to his lips.

Scrunching up his nose, Dane brought his fist to his face as he sneezed violently three times in a row. Allina rubbed at his nose for him and kissed the tip of it.

" A 'bless you' would be nice," he whispered smiling up at her.

"Bless you baby." She said stealing one last kiss, before he drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope ya'll like it! I'm thinking I could end it here, although there are a few ways I could go with it. i think this ending is a good spot. Thoughts?

WOW! :boom: That was absolutely spectacular! You characterized the family perfectly in my opinion, I'm really glad you continued it! It is a good place to end if you wish it, but it's such a great story that it can be just as easily continued :biggrinsmiley: Thanks for sharing! :laugh:

Archived