Sneeze Fetish Forum

Seen Better Days - BTVS

Miss.A.Tishoo

A/N: I've been trying in vain to write a Vampire Diaries fic (Elena/Damon) but I've ended up with my old favourites - Buffy/Faith. I think I'll still be writing these two when I'm 80 lol. Uhh, season wise I sort of imagine 3 but it's totally AU of course. They're not together (yet..... :wacko:) and it's from Faith's POV. I'll try and write more if people like it!

Part 1

I slam the motel door shut behind me, my body shivering uncontrollably. Outside the rain is bordering on torrential and I’m soaked from head to toe. My leather jacket is so waterlogged and heavy that I waste no time in shrugging it off, eager to rid myself of the deep ache that’s taken up residence in my limbs.

Teeth chattering I search the floor for something warm to change into; but all my shirts are backless or strapless, and none of my skirts go past my thighs. I settle on a pair thin jogging pants and a cropped t-shirt that’s certainly seen better days, if not weeks.

Stumbling over a pile of empty coke cans and pizza boxes I finally throw myself onto my bed, my hands sluggishly grasping for a corner of bed linen that I can surrounded myself with. The woollen comforter in question is anything but comforting; but it provides a little warmth, and I kid myself it’s enough. I’m good at that.

Hut-cheiwsh!“ I sneeze messily, caught off guard by its urgency. I haven’t been sick in years, I guess that‘s a perk of being a slayer. Bad side is, I sort of forgot how much it sucks.

The pounding starts moments later, kind of quiet at first, but it gets louder and louder; so loud it seems to make the whole room shake. It takes all my strength to get out of bed again; I stagger towards the source of the noise, the comforter bunched over my trembling shoulders.

I throw the door open without even looking through the peephole; I already know who it is. She storms into my motel room, dry as a bone and toting a gigantic pink umbrella that nearly knocks me over.

“You stood me up!” On any other day I’d have a witty reply, but right now all I can do is stand here, slumped and exhausted. “I’ve waited for you for over an hour, and if you hadn’t noticed, it’s raining!” Buffy flings her umbrella to floor for emphasis. “You’re just lucky Giles got the date of that ritual thingy wrong! Imagine if I had to take out six of those Teok demons by myself!”

“Sorry.” I offer quietly, cringing at the husky weakness in my voice.

“Don’t you dare -” Buffy stops herself. “Wait, what?”

“I said, sorry.” She finally looks at me, emotions playing across her face so fast I can barely catch them. “I was gonna meet you but…” I gesture emptily, too tired and way too proud to finish my explanation.

Buffy’s frown deepens, her gaze shifting repeatedly between my fevered brow and glassy eyes.

“You’re sick?” She wonders aloud; I shrug.

“Dunno.”

“You’re sick!” Buffy repeats with more certainty. “Why didn’t you just say so?”

“Because it’s not a big deal.” I respond instinctively. “I‘ll shake it off in a couple of days.”

“Faith, you can’t just ‘shake off’ the flu! You sound awful!”

I groan, my body sagging against a nearby wall for support. “Why did I let you in?”

“Because you need me! Just look at you, you’re drenched!” She fixes me with a stern stare. “Tell me you didn’t go out in that rain?” My body shudders in response. “God, you’re so stupid!”

“You‘re really helping, B.” I sniffle and bury my nose into my shoulder; only to realise that rubbing my itchy nose against itchy wool is not such a great idea. “Hi'Etsssh!”

“Bless you!” Buffy exclaims with a sympathetic shake of her head. “What you need is a hot shower and a nice comfy bed to climb into!” She takes a brief look at my motel room before adding: “I guess you’ll have to stay at mine.”

“What?” I croak in legitimate panic; she’s already picking up her umbrella. “B, this really ain’t necessary! I‘d much rather be by myself, yunno? Gotta tough it out and all that jazz. Besides, it’s still raining and I don’t wanna get any sicker!”

Buffy looks momentarily thoughtful. “You know what? You’re right.” She puts her umbrella down and I breathe a sigh of relief. “I’ll call us a taxi instead! Don‘t worry, Faith, I‘ll have you feeling better in no time!”

TBC?

Thank you all so much for replying - means a lot as I am a bit of a shy writer :jump:. Hope you enjoy this next part; it's not overloaded with sneezing - tell me if you think I need to amp it up a bit in that department (or any other haha) xx

Part 2

Buffy’s house always makes me want to vomit. Not because it smells bad or anything like that, but because it smells nice, too nice. Like flowers, and freshly baked cookies, and Christmas morning all rolled into one. It’s wicked nauseating.

Oblivious to my discomfort Buffy ushers me into her living room; I need no encouragement to sit down, my legs are so achy and shivery. Before I can blink a fleecy blanket is wrapped around me, and I overhear Buffy muttering to herself about ‘crop tops’ and ‘hypothermia’. I have no idea what the second word even means, but in my experience long words never mean anything good.

“How long have you been feeling like this?” Buffy asks, her question tripping through my brain and taking way too long to process. “Faith?”

I frown up at her, thinking all sorts of pointless things, like why is her house so damn perfect? And why do her eyes keep changing from blue to green to blue to green…

I shake my head, attempting to clear it. “I dunno. Since this morning, I guess.”

“Hmm.” Buffy considers seriously. “I think it’s flu. It hits you like a truck doesn‘t it?” I’m not really sure if she’s asking me a question or just throwing it out there, but I nod anyway. “I’m going to run you a hot bath, okay? You just sit here and relax.”

She’s gone before I can tell her not to bother; I don’t want a bath. All I want to do is go back to my motel room, where I can curl up on my rickety old bed and be by myself. It’s not that I can’t see what she’s trying to do - I’m not a complete idiot after all - but I’m just not used to it. Being all gross in front of Buffy isn’t exactly appealing either; she’s even more perfect than her stupid house.

Wincing at the exertion, I haul myself off the sofa and shuffle as silently as possible towards the foyer. I can hear Buffy upstairs, bustling about in the bathroom and singing like she’s Julie flaming Andrews (see above re: nauseating). I know right there and then that I need to get out of here, or I’m gonna go nuts.

Escaping isn’t going to be easy; I feel like I’ve been in the worst fight of my life. My head’s all woozy, and I feel far from stealthy as I half-tiptoe, half-wobble my way towards her front door. I’m millimetres away when it happens; a sharp pinprick in my left nostril that’s rapidly escalating. I want to sneeze, I need to sneeze, but I know I can’t. She’d know my location in an instant; damn her heightened slayer hearing.

I grasp the doorknob and steady myself, pulling all kinds of weird faces to ward off this impertinent tickle. Having little success I resort to plan B; pinching my nose and praying. So I stand there, eyes squeezed shut and mouth lax in anticipation, when all of a sudden it’s gone. Just like that.

I give my nose a relieved rub, my attention flitting back to door, which I tease open little by little. It doesn’t make a sound. Freedom is within my reach, and it brings with it a rush of cold night air that I unwittingly inhale. It tingles a little, but I urge myself forward; completely unaware of the overhead porch light until it snaps on, blinding me in a full flash of white. And that’s it, it’s game over.

Hehh-TTSHhiew!”

“Faith!” Buffy yells, immediately appearing at the top of the stairs. “What on earth are you doing!?”

Hutt-chht!” I smother a second, smaller sneeze into my palm, sniffling pathetically. “Uh… going for a smoke?”

“You most certainly are not!” Buffy exclaims, rushing down the stairs in a blur of speed. “Smoking is strictly off the itinerary until you’re better! Hand them over!”

I groan miserably, pulling the smuggled carton from the waistband of my pants. “You suck, B.”

“And you‘re sick, F!” She admonishes, confiscating my cigarettes and pulling me back inside all in one fell swoop. “God, you’re unbelievable.”

I snuffle and shrug my shoulders. “What now?”

“You go upstairs and soak in the bath,” Buffy wags her index finger, “and don‘t even think about getting out until I tell you to!”

“Ugh…”

TBC? :D

LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!please please please please please please please please please please please write more?!

please please please please please please please please please please please write more?!

Seconded! I've really enjoyed the first two parts, would love it if you'd write more!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived