Sneeze Fetish Forum

Within the Silence

Scion

Ciuty80: Awwwwwwwwwww!!! Thank you so, so, so, so much!! That's the nicest thing ever and it makes me so happy!! :) I'm am beyond thrilled that you like my stories so much! As for Wes sneezing--he doesn't in this update, but I PROMISE he will sneeze again!! And I promise not to go anywhere! You're stuck with me!

Aprilcot: LOL! Haven't you figured out how evil I am by now?? Make you sweat in anticipation is a talent of mine...haha, okay maybe not but I like cliffhangers--only when I'M writing them, of course. :) Muahahaha! Matt! Matt is a bit crazy-wazy...but hey, I can't stay away from tortured characters! Anyway, thank you for the comment!!!!!!! :D Well, I've heard of the band, but they don't play on the radio in Florida as far as I know lol. It's a lot of country music and stuff here. ^_^

Sen Beret: YOU like when I respond to YOUR comments?? I LOVE WHEN YOU RESPOND TO MY UPDATES! I've only ever really been fond of one cat, but I haven't met very many. This cat, Lucky, acted like a dog and he used to follow me around even though I wasn't even his owner. Aww, I miss that cat! ANYWAY, thank you for your comment! You of course know how gleeful and joyous it made me, as always!

I promise you all Wes will sneeze again soon, probably in the next update!

Part Six:

Behind him, Wes heard Trevor gasp in a horrified breath, one that Wes seconded. The sight that had greeted him upon opening the door was…gruesome.

Matt was on the ground, sitting serenely up against the wall, his expression one of bliss. One would have thought him completely healthy…until one saw the knife-handle protruding from his left thigh…

Not wasting time with “what the hells?” or “oh my gods,” Wes snatched his cell phone from his pocket and dialed 911. After demanding an ambulance, Wes rattled off the address before pounding on the END button and rushing to Matt’s side.

“What--what happened?” Wes stammered, crouching beside his friend. Thankfully, he didn’t appear to have hit an artery, as the blood was merely trickling as opposed to gushing forth in a steady, pumping stream. “Did you…?” Accidentally stab yourself?

Gurgling laughter frothed up from Matt’s throat, his eyes nearly rolling back in his head as if he were in ecstasy. “I stabbed myself,” he guffawed feverishly. “God, it feels good, Wes. It feels so good.”

Wes tried not to let his shock show. Matt was clearly having some…issues. “All right, just…stay still. The ambulance will be here in a few minutes and they’ll fix you right up. Don’t you worry. You’re going to be fine.”

Another burbling laugh from Matt as tears tracked down his bruised face. “I’m not going to pretend anymore,” he wheezed. “I want it, Wes. I want more of it.” He gripped the knife and made to twist the blade.

Wes clasped his wrist, stopping him. “That’s…not really a good idea, bud. You’re already losing enough blood as it is, and you’re staining the carpet. You know I’m not going to clean this mess up for you, right? When you get out of the hospital, it’ll still be here waiting, so you look forward to that, okay?” he babbled, nervous tension igniting his loose tongue.

Trevor stood in the doorway, his gaze fixed on the scarlet liquid pooling beneath an outstretched leg, noting how it seemed to darken the longer he stared at it. Red filled his vision, his mind, spreading, growing, becoming a live thing, becoming a solid construct of fear, of guilt, of regret.

All he could see was Marissa, spread-eagle in that tub, drowned in her own lifeblood. Marissa and the child he would never know, the child who would never get the chance to live…because of him.

He felt sick.

The urgent wail of sirens snapped Trevor out of his trance, and his gaze searched out Wes, who was looking at him with worried brown eyes--but even through the worry, he could see the kindness, the genuine niceness shining through, and it eased him like nothing or no one else could have. Wes always seemed to have that effect on him, always seemed to be able to reach him, to make him feel…better.

Minutes later, the paramedics invaded the apartment, and Trevor stood motionless, watching them, feeling oddly bereft as Wes accompanied Matt and the navy-coated men out into the hall. Wes had left him…he knew it was selfish, heartless even to want Wes to stay with him instead of joining his injured friend, but…he needed Wes, needed him more than he’d ever needed anything, and that scared him.

What if Wes were to be hurt? What if he--died? The thought made Trevor’s stomach clench with anticipatory agony. He curved his arms around his midriff, bent forward, clamped his eyes shut as images of Wes, bloody and lifeless, soared through his sadistic mind. “Ennnn…NOOO!” he moaned. “Wes! My Wes! My Wes!” Dizziness rained through him, and he wavered, falling--straight into Wes’s strong, comforting arms.

“I’m right here, muirnin,” Wes cooed, his body huddled protectively around Trevor’s. “I haven’t left you. I wouldn’t leave you. I made a promise, remember? Besides, I called Matt’s mom, and she’s heading straight over to meet him at the hospital. Not that I’m not worried about him, because I am, but…I’m more worried about you.”

The admission brought tears of exhausted relief to Trevor’s eyes. He shaped himself to Wes’s slightly taller form, wondering how in the hell he’d become attached to the guy so fast. His attraction to Wes had been almost instantaneous. The moment he’d opened up that busy mouth of his and said, “Hey…I’m Wes. What’s your name?” Trevor had been enthralled by him. He was a moth and Wes his light.

“S…sorry,” Trevor rasped into Wes’s collar bone. “Not usually…such a…pansy.”

“Sometimes it’s okay to be a pansy,” Wes assured him. “Not that you’re a pansy, but it would be okay if you were--not that I think you’re lying, but--”

Trevor had started laughing again, laughing and crying all at once. God, he was so confused, adrift in a winding river, Wes his only tie to solid ground.

HheehihITCH!” Trevor bit down hard on his tongue, nearly drawing blood. Wincing, he rubbed his jaw against Wes’s chest.

“Bless you. God, let’s go sit down. You’re probably exhausted--I mean, you don’t look exhausted or anything--you look perfect, but I assume you’re exhausted because…well, I don’t actually know. For no reason I suppose. Anyway, let’s go sit down.” Instead of returning to the couch, Wes led Trevor to his closet-sized bedroom.

Trevor plopped down onto the bed with a grunted exhale, worming up against Wes’s side, wishing Wes would continue blabbering on about nothing. “Hih…Hhit’ChhESHOO!” he sneezed, tapping Wes’s elbow and muttering a hoarse command. “Talk.”

"Bless you,” Wes said, sounding moderately amused. “Talk, huh? That’s something I can definitely do. What would you like me to talk about? Is there a specific category you’d like me to start with? I could give you my lecture on why the avocado should be a vegetable and not a fruit, or the lecture on why trick-or-treating should be banned--hey, don’t look at me like that! It’s for the safety of the children! There was this one time--I was dressed up as a baked potato (don’t ask)--and--hey, what?”

Trevor had curled in on himself, spluttering with incontrollable bursts of laughter. His ribs ached in protest, but he couldn’t stop. It was like a switch inside him had been turned on and now he was stuck, imprisoned in a perpetual state of hilarity.

Wes started chuckling too, then, their body’s vibrating against each other as each of them let spill the tension that had been mounting within them since Matt had…done whatever it was he’d done--Trevor still wasn’t entirely sure he knew what that was as of yet.

“H--hey,” Wes panted through his laughter. “I never…finished…my story!”

“Hehh then…finish it! Heht’uuISHuunk!” Trevor replied breathlessly, as another imaginary feather bloomed inside his nostrils and he smooshed his face into Wes’s side to contain an explosive “HrrrrTCHiiSH!” followed by a meek “Huhisshh!”

Wes patted his back affectionately. “Bless you times two. No, wait. That was three, wasn't it? Bless you times three then. Okay, so, where was I? Oh, right. There was this one time I went trick-or-treating dressed like a baked potato, and this big, scary-ass poodle comes out of nowhere and starts trying to eat me! Almost succeeded, too! That was the day I vowed never to go near another baked potato. Nope. It would forever be ‘tatoes of the mashed variety for me. Safer that way.”

“Hehhh…’tatoes?” Trevor gasped, feeling as if he might explode from the storm of emotions twisting inside him in a volatile tornado. “Ih’chhuh! Mmff.”

“Bless you. You want some toilet paper or something to blow your nose? I can go get some. Or would you prefer napkins? Or I might have some paper towels. OR, you could just use this.” He stretched out the lower half of his shirt, waggling his brows invitingly, and Trevor erupted in another torrent of chuckles.

“S-stop making me…laugh! Can’t…breathe!” Trevor grasped Wes’s shirt as his chest pitched in and out in painful pulls of laughter that refused to let up. He was beginning to be starved of oxygen, black shadows colliding in his vision.

Wes sobered immediately, helping to flip Trevor onto his back and rubbing at Trev’s chest to try to soothe away the ache. “I’m so sorry,” he jabbered. “I didn’t mean to hurt you! Just…try to relax. Think sad thoughts---err, wait, never mind. Don’t do that. Think about…uhh….an empty room with white walls and…err…yeah, that’s all I got. You okay? Can you breathe?”

Trevor managed a small nod, still wrestling to draw in air. He closed his eyes and blocked out every sensation other than that of Wes caressing his chest. In a few seconds, he was able to breathe again, and his frown relaxed.

“Better, muirnin?” Wes murmured caringly.

Trevor gave another nod. Yeah. He was better. And as long as Wes remained by his side, he thought he would stay that way forever.

-------

Back soon with sneezy Wes!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scion - WONDERFUL.. finally caught up on your story and your updates.. love Wes, poor Trevor, and Matt..interesting that Matt just stabbed himself! Wow. I can't wait to read more. If I could just quote ALL of Wes' random musings.. you'd know which parts I like the most. :P

Keep up the great work!

Ciuty80: Thank you! You're wonderful, too! I'm so happy to see your comments every day! :drool: I've got some sneezy Wes for you as promised!!!

Mims: Ohhh, yay! Glad your back. I know, I love Wes! I think he's my favorite character ever haha. And yes, Matt stabbing himself...ha...I shouldn't be amused by that...I'm a bad person. I'll be sure to have more random Wes musing for you in the future--as well as right now! THANK YOU!!!!!

So, since people don't seem to like this one as much as my others, I've not been inspired, and so I've slacked off on this update. Sorry.

Part Seven:

“Oh! I was supposed to call Lena,” Wes suddenly exclaimed, whipping out his cell and punching in a few numbers, his tongue poking out from between his teeth. “That stupid cat--I mean, that really nice cat needs someone to look after it.” He glanced at Trevor as if for confirmation.

Trevor nodded. “She’s…not my cat.” She had been Marissa’s cat.

“She?” Wes’s brows winged up. “That awful--I mean, that handsome specimen is of the female persuasion?”

Trevor smirked despite his souring mood. “Yeah. Her name’s Izzy.”

“Izzy, huh? I knew an Izzy once. I asked her out in the first grade, and she turned me down by laughing in my face and throwing a crayon at my head.”

“That was truly cruel,” Trevor conciliated. Then added more softly, “But she was a fool.”

Wes smiled solemnly. “Trevor, when you say things like that…God, it makes me so guilty! I shouldn’t feel this…good, while Matt’s off in the hospital, seriously injured! I’m a terrible person, aren’t I? Come on, you can admit it. I’m the lowest of the low. Complete scum. It’s a wonder I have any friends at all.”

“Um, Wes?” Trevor said, lips quivering. When Wes passed him a questioning look, Trevor pointed to the cell still in the other boy’s hand.

Wes stared down at it. “Oops. Guess I should probably put the phone to my ear next time I make a call, huh?”

“It might me helpful,” Trevor conceded, massaging his itchy nose with a palm. “Heh’PMMK! Oh…ow. HechSHUHH!”

“Bless you,” Wes mouthed, then said into the mouthpiece, “Hey, Lena. It’s Wes. Yeah, fine. You?” Pause. “Good. I’m glad Cade’s feeling better. Listen, I have this cat that’s in need of a home. His--her name is Izzy. Do you think--” Wes nodded, listened, nodded. “Great! We’ll be by in around twenty then, okay? Or do you want me to come later--? Okay, now it is. See you soon, Lena. Uh-huh. Bye.”

EeeIPSHU!” Trevor grunted, blinking the dampness from his eyes as he and Wes locked gazes. He wanted to stare into those dark eyes forever, but knew he couldn’t. He wanted to throw himself at Wes and beg him never to leave, but knew he wouldn’t. He wanted to grab Wes by the hair and mash their lips together, but knew he shouldn’t.

“Oh, muirnin. We really have to pick up some tissues while we’re out, huh?” Wes said kindly, touching Trevor’s knee. “Do you feel okay, though? I mean, other than the itchy nose? You don’t hurt anywhere, do you? ‘Cause if you do--”

“No,” Trevor replied huskily. “I’m okay.” It wasn’t strictly true, but what Wes didn’t know couldn’t hurt him.

“Good,” Wes told him sincerely. “I’m glad.” His hand skimmed down the back of Trevor’s head. “You ready? I mean, you want to come with me right? It won’t take long and I…oh, screw it! I don’t want to go without you. Say you’ll come with me. If you don’t, I don’t think I’ll go. We can go some other time and--”

Trevor put his hand over Wes’s mouth, silencing him. “I’ll come,” he whispered.

Wes nipped one of Trevor’s fingers playfully. “Great. It’s settled then.”

-------

HrrrETCSHOO!” Wes sneezed for the sixth time since entering the apartment that housed the illustrious Izzy the Cat. “And all these 21 years I thought was void of allergies! This is so unfair. The world is so unfair! Why must we live in such a just-less universe!?”

From behind him, he heard Trevor smother a chuckle.

“Here, kitty, kitty. Here, Izzy, Izzy,” Wes crooned, beckoning to the feline, who immediately charged him, batting at his feet with its dagger-sharp claws. “Hey, that hurts,” Wes protested. “I’m trying to save your life, you ingrate! HedSHISHHuuuh! Man! I’m not sure I like all this allergy business. In fact, I’m quite certain I detest it. Passionately.” Scooping the cat up, Wes clomped back out into the hall, sending Trevor a mock-glare. “All right, boy, we’re outta here! UrrTCHSKahh! Uh, that was a weird one. Why do all my sneezes sound so different?”

Trevor gave him a “what the fuck” look, but elected not to say anything, simply following along behind Wes as he cruised down the hall.

Trevor was feeling totally fine…until he suddenly wasn’t. It happened so fast, he didn’t realizing what was happening until it had already happened. One second he was walking along, trying to hold back a smile at Wes’s ridiculous comments, and the next he was on the floor, his face pressed into the rank carpet, waves of dizziness pounding into him.

Distantly, he heard Wes calling his name, the syllables blending together into a nearly unrecognizable blur. He tried to stay conscious, because unconsciousness meant leaving Wes, and he could not, would not leave Wes.

But then his mind began to slip on him, dimming, fading, waning. All he knew now was that he was supposed to stay awake…but why? There was someone he needed to stay for…but who? His mind danced further out of his reach, wreathed in a thick mist. Now all he knew was that there was something he needed to do, though he didn’t know what. He didn’t even know…who he was…he knew…

…nothing…

-------

I'll try to write more soon, but I'm busy trying to work with a cover artist for my novel at the moment, and I'm honestly not sure if people like this anymore.

I'll try to write more soon, but I'm busy trying to work with a cover artist for my novel at the moment, and I'm honestly not sure if people like this anymore.

I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH!!!! :unsure:

*begs on her knees for even MOAR*

I´LL BE HERE TO READ WHATEVER YOU´LL WRITE!!! :D

:)-_- THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR SNEEZY WES!!! :drool:

:) lena x matt sounds interesting..GO FOR IT! :laugh:

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so first of all, life got WAAAAAYYYY too busy over the past couple of days and that is why I didn't comment on your FABULOUS STORY!!!!!!!!

Second, down to business haha; AWWW POOR MATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hug Trevor more, but... POOR MATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he finds someone to care for him and someone who understands him, so for this reason, I think that Matt X Lena would be a very good idea! Let's find out what skeletons he has in his closet, and of COURSE I know you are 100% evil, but it doesn't hurt to reitterate things lol. And I know exactly how attractive tortured characters are! :twisted::twisted::twisted::laugh::innocent:

I love the halloween story! :laugh: I can truly say, that that is a work of art. How did you even come UP with that??!!! I hope it didn't actually happen.... But still LOL!

Part Seven: I love Trevor's sense of humor - "It might be helpful." Sarcasm... the defense of the weary but... hey... I love it! I don't think I'd say half as much as I do now if I wasn't allowed to be sarcastic! And it always makes people laugh so... It's good!

And by the way...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CANNOT HURT TREVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE CANNOT FORGET WHO WES IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I have to literally push people out of the way tomorrow, I will get home to read this story, and I DON'T THINK I CAN WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY MUST YOU INSIST ON TORTURING US WITH CLIFFHANGERS??????!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so they do add a BRILLIANT level of suspense to the story, but EVEN SO... PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem :innocent::laugh: : OHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Country Music???????? Thank God I'm A Country Girl! My dad is actually a farmer, and I personally think country music is some of the best music you will ever hear. Sugar Land'S 'It Happens'? What a song. I love country music, and am destined to settle down in the country at some point in my life... Bliss. Camp fires, acoustic guitar. I'm there baby lol.

No spending too long listening to the music of the brilliant peoples though, we need an update lol. :laugh:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:blushing::drool::bday:

Scion - :bday: I'm glad to be back.. and I don't know about everyone else here, but I LOVE this story as much as your other ones.. sorry I haven't commented lately. I notice other people love your story.. they're hanging on your every word! :P

Matt and Lena for the next couple is going to be VERY interesting, yes. I definitely think you should write that story soon.

Wes and Trevor are great..and I want to know what happens to them..the cat allergies and the sneezing is yet again, the icing on the VERY GOOD cake. Wes's random musings remind me of people who process their thoughts outwardly, and again, that hits VERY close to home, which is probably why I love his character so much. :blushing:

I feel so bad for Trevor.. what a horrible situation for him to be in.. he deserves to be with Wes now, but I hope we find out more. Or rather, I hope Wes finds out how Trevor is REALLY doing.

As for Matt.. and Lena.. yeah.. I wait with baited breath for that story. I hope you post another update soon! :drool:

Matt and Lena? YES YES YES. You are so good at pairing up characters! You're so good at like, all of this stuff! You should just quit whatever else you do with your life and write more of these. Your characters and stories all connect and the chemistry you draw up is so real and so PERFECT. What you write is like... absolutely magnificent. The interactions are so, so lovely. Like... it's like they came out of my dreams. The way Wes talks to Trevor is just so... it's so endearing and adorable. I keep re-reading all of this because like... wow, it's amazing. :zippy:

Ciuty80: Haha, I'm back!! And I'm so happy you still like this! It's very important to me. Thanks so much!

Aprilcot: HA! I never thought I'd see the day you felt sorry for Matt! You're even calling him "Matty" now, lol! And don't worry, Trevor will be okay! I'm evil, but not that evil! Haha, I have no idea how I came up with the halloween story. I just thought about what Wes would dress up like and a potato came to mind. I LOVE SARCASM. Just saying. ANYWAY, sorry for making you wait, especially after you wrote the best comment of all time lol! Oh, really? I don't really listen to country music, which is why I only have about one radio station that I listen to hahaha, but even then they still play some country I think.

Mims: Aww, what a lovely comment. You made me so, so happy! Yeah, I agree, Wes pretty much says everything that's on his mind, but I'm glad you're able to relate to him. As for Trevor, things will work out for the sweetie in the end! :zippy: Thank you tons for your comment. I appreciate it so much.

Quite Contray: I like that particular comment from Wes, too, lol. Thanks for the comment! I needed it today.

Sen Beret: Ha! The only other things I do are attend class and work on my novels...and sometimes talk with friends, but I usually do that while writing. Oh, wow! I love the comment about the chemistry! Sometimes I can write it really well, others I just bomb. But you're all so awesome I have to try my hardest. :blushsad: I don't know, though, you're really pushing me closer and closer toward the edge by saying stuff like this! Happiness will kill me one of these days!

Sorry for missing a day, everyone, but I do have several good excuses. 1. My grandma died so I had to comfort my mom. 2. My first novel is getting published so I've been working on revisions and with the cover artist. In case anyone's interested, this is what the cover looks like so far:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/wavy3/Art.jpg

AND I am TOTALLY not promoting myself, because there is not title or author, lol. But it's pretty, soo...yeah. It's going to eventually have color, obviously.

Sorry, I know that was off topic, but I am here because I wrote a bit more of this.

Part Eight:

Wes ran to Trevor, crouching beside him and pulling the limp body into his arms. Trevor’s faint breaths kissed the side of his throat, and he let out a relieved sigh. Alive. For an awful, heart-stopping moment, he’d thought Trevor had…gone.

“Muirnin,” Wes murmured into Trevor’s dark hair. “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have made you come out with me. I was selfish. I wasn’t thinking. I’m an idiot. I don’t think you should ever forgive me!”

Izzy chose that second to trot up and nuzzle Wes’s knee with a pink nose. Wes glanced at her briefly before gathering Trevor into his arms and thumping back into the apartment, the cat on his heels. He gently lay the unconscious boy down on the bed, giving his hair a soft stroke and cuddling up close to him.

“I bet if you were awake right now,” Wes mused aloud, “you’d tell me to talk, so I will. I prefer soft-shell tacos over hard-shell, because soft-shells don’t break apart all over you when you’re on a date--not that I ever ordered hard-shell tacos while on a date, obviously, but…I’m just saying. Don’t do it. If you go to a taco joint then, well…I’d scour the menu before resorting to anything with onions, garlic, or peppers in it, if you know what I mean--not that you’re going to be going out on any dates, because you’re not. And if you do, it’ll be with me. And if you’re with me, I definitely won’t take you to a taco joint, because, frankly, it’s as unsafe as trick-or-treating.”

He stared down into Trevor’s lax face, his heart plummeting with worry. “Come back to me, muirnin. Please. I need you.”

Trevor was drowning, trapped beneath a layer of darkness so thick and cloying he could hardly breathe. He tried to see past the blackness, but couldn’t. Terror shot through him in spurts of ice, making him shiver. Just as the fear was about to consume him, he heard a voice seeping through the awful fog.

“Come back to me, muirnin. Please. I need you.”

Trevor struggled against the spider web of invisible ropes holding him back, suffocating him. He knew that voice…it was so familiar, yet…he couldn’t quite place who it belonged to. For some reason, this fact made his stomach churn with pain, and he knew he’d do anything to get his memories back, to return to the owner of that smooth, kind voice. Let go of me! he mentally shouted, struggling harder than ever now. Wes! Help me, please! Trevor paused…Wes? He’d just called out for someone named “Wes.” Was he the voice? Wes? Yes, that sounded right.

WES! he shouted. PLEASE, WES! DON’T LEAVE ME HERE! HELP! I’m…scared.

“WES!”

Wes jumped, startled by Trevor’s sudden outburst. Frantically, he clasped the boy’s face in his hands and brought his lips down to cover Trevor’s. “I’m right here, muirnin,” he whispered. “All you have to do is wake up, and I’ll be right here. I’ll hold you and I’ll never let you go again. Just open those pretty eyes of yours, okay?”

“Hehhh…” Trevor’s lashes flickered. “Heh’ixgSHOO!”

Wes leaned over him, trailed his lips down Trevor’s sloped nose. “Bless you. Now wake up. Wake up and look at me and talk to me and just…don’t leave me.”

Izzy hopped up onto the bed, and Wes immediately shrank away from her, cringing as his nose burned almost painfully. Burying his nose in his sleeve, he sneezed explosively. “HEYCH’USH! UsshhISH! HishhSHEW! Ugh, not now, kitty. Go find someone else to torture. I’m busy here.”

Izzy yowled irritably, bouncing of the bed and slinking from the room in a feline huff. Trevor rolled his eyes and returned his attention to Trevor. His heart skipped about thirty beats.

Trevor’s eyelids were twitching, clearly wanting to part. Wes brushed a finger over each of Trevor’s brows, waiting with feigned patience.

Then it happened.

Trevor groaned softly, and his eyes opened. His lips moved, forming a word.

Wes recognized that word.

It was his name.

-------

I'm sorry that was so short, but I have to go back to my novel now. Ugh. Not that I don't love my novel, but....ugh. I'll try to be back tomorrow!

OH, and it's settled. Matt and Lena will be the next couple. Thanks for the input, guys! ;)

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay first of all I want o forget how FANTASTIC this chapter is and say, Oh my gosh Scion, I'm so sorry about your Gramdma. I know how hard it is on the family, and I offer you every condolence - if that's how you spell it haha - possible.

Secondly - OH MY GOSH YOU'RE PUBLISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cover looks GREAT!

And finally, down to business!

GAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm bouncing upa nd down as I write this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor is soooo cute, and the way that Wes knows him so well already! The talking? Excellent. First class. Can't beat it lol.

I adore the way that you built up the tension, and it's just so right that the first thing he says is 'Wes.' And that they both need each other. ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'll forgive you for the shortness, as you are working hard, and you managed to update today :bleh: and Thank you for updating, It made my day lol. It's okay, the best things in life you have to wait for... :bleh:

The one really annoying thing is I know that you are busy, but I'm sorry, I think I speak for everyone hear when I say...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED IT, WE LOVE IT, WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha :hug:

I know, utterly weird how I feel sorry for Matt... but, hey... I seem to have WAYY too soft a spot for torured characters :twisted: Hmm... I wonder who else likes torured characters...??? :laugh:

My taste in music is anything from opera to death metal really, lol. A lot of my friends listen to screamo - REALLY LOUD! That HURTS! Lol, I've got to be honest, I think my main weakness is Mowtown and 60's music... lol, I sound so old, I'm only 15! Good parenting lol.

Anyway... THANK YOU FOR UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you could find the time, and I hope that you will be back tomorrow!!!!!!

Whenever you are, I'll be commenting lol!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted::jawdrop::blushing::hug::laugh::)

thank you for the short update!

and don´t ever excuse yourself if you are not able to update!

there is no need to!

you have my sincere condolences! it´s always hard to loose a special person! :(

thanks for sneezy wes :drool::drool: sooo cute! :blushing:

congratulations for your novel which will be published!! :twisted:

will there be any way that we can also read it?

the cover is really cool! :D

Loving this story! Scion, you are truly a genius. I think these two are my favourite characters of yours so far (although I loved Ty and Connor)! Also, where do you get your pictures? They are so beautiful!

Aprilcot: :laugh: Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!! I like the cover, too, hehheeee. Baahh, you're comment made me so happy when I saw it this morning. Really. I was hoping it would be there, and it was and THANK YOU!!!!!! Who, me? Like tortured characters? :omg: Nah! You must be thinking of someone else. :lol: I'm kinda excited for Matt/Lena's story now! Haha, I like a lot of diff music, too, but not quite as much as you! I WILL ALWAYS COME BACK! :laugh:

Ciuty80: No, thank YOU. I really, really appreciate it. :razz: As for my novel, I'm not 100% sure yet. Probably! I hope so! Here's some more sneezy Wes just for you, LOL.

princessontheporch: Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you like Trev and Wes so much! I think they're my fave couple, tied with Connor and Ty haha. You're so nice! :D Wellll, I get most of them from modelmayhem.com LOL! So lots of hotties. :heart:

Okay, I'm back for a small part. Hope you like it. :blushing:

Part Nine:

Trevor felt something wet drip onto his cheek, then slide down into the cup of his ear. He blinked to clear his vision, and saw Wes leaning over him, his dark eyes overflowing with tears, each of which plopped straight down onto Trevor’s face, warm and sticky and welcome.

But wait…why was Wes crying? He didn’t want Wes to cry, didn’t want Wes to be sad. “Wes?” he breathed, wondering why his head felt so heavy and light at the same time.

“Hey, muirnin.” More tears spilled over Wes’s chin, while others collected in the net of his lashes like glittering diamonds. “How are you feeling? Are you okay? Is your head okay? Do you feel any pain at all? Are you dizzy, nauseated--?”

Trevor smiled. This is what he’d wanted to come back for. To hear Wes talk. “More,” he instructed imperiously, his eyelids drifting shut.

“More?” Wes sounded confused. “Oh, right! You want me to talk! Is that it? But you haven’t answered any of my questions, and I want them answered.”

Trevor sighed wearily, though he really didn’t mind Wes’s attention. It felt good to have someone so worried over him. He didn’t know that he’d ever had such an opportunity before, and he wasn’t about to take it for granted. So he told the truth. “I feel a little strange. My head hurts. Throat hurts. Nose itches. I think my chest kind of aches, too. Now it’s your turn.”

“What? Me? No, no, no.” Wes settled stern eyes upon him. “First, we’re going to make sure you’re okay. One more scare like the one you gave me a few minutes ago, and I’m a goner--for real, this time. I’ll be going to baked-potato heaven. Okay, so, you said your throat, head, and chest all hurt?”

Trevor nodded reluctantly, initiating a twinge in his nose. He released a frail “eeeSHISh!” into the air, but relief didn’t come until the second “UTCHhhESH!”

Wes frowned. “Bless you. Okay, so Tylenol for your head and chest, and hot water for your throat? We’re out of coffee--unless you want me to go out and pick some stuff up. Or we might have some milk left--but I’m not sure how fresh it is…”

“Hot water sounds fine, Wes. Thanks.” Trevor managed a feeble smile. God, his head had started spinning again, and it caused him actual, physical pain to hold his eyes open.

“Okay. I’ll be right back, then. Don’t move an inch. I’ll know if you do,” he demanded.

Trevor quirked one brow. “Since when were you so autocratic?”

Wes snorted. “Since never. I’m just…I’m worried about you, okay!? There. I said it. Now I’m leaving--well, not leaving…well, technically I am leaving, but I’ll be right back so it doesn’t really even count as leaving, you know?”

“Uh-huh,” Trevor mumbled sleepily. “HuPPHhishu! Unn.” Sneezing really hurt his head, so he vowed not to do it ever again. “Kuhn’Choo!” Okay, that was the last time. “HeshhooO! Ishhu! UhhehISHTttahh!” He couldn't help groaning as fire lanced through his skull and down his neck. Tears filtered his eyes.

Wes was by his side in an instant, hovering, touching him all over, frowning in concern. “Trev, you okay? What’s wrong? Where does it hurt? Tell me where it hurts and I’ll fix it for you, okay? All you have to do is tell me. I’ll make it all better, I promise.”

“Wes, I’m okay, really,” Trevor tried to reassure him, hating the anguish he saw pinching Wes’s features. He just wanted Wes to be happy. “I’ll be fine after some Tylenol.”

Wes nodded reluctantly and went off to fetch the supplies. From the bed, Trevor could here Wes muffling sneezes from somewhere in the kitchen. It was Izzy, he realized. Poor Wes. He shouldn’t have brought the cat back with them if it made him so uncomfortable. Guilt slashed a hole through Trevor’s frail contentment.

HUHUSHUNKK!” Wes burst out. Then with another “HurrrISHAH!” as he returned to the bedroom. He nearly spilled steaming water all over himself, but managed not to. “He-here--HETCHShhNU!”

Trevor took the mug just as Wes bent over with the sneeze. He brought the cup to his lips and took a greedy sip. The warm liquid soothed his raw throat, but also made his nose run. “I…think I need…” Trevor hid his face in his shirtsleeve as “IPPSHH!” The sneeze was so wet it actually soaked through his shirt and dampened the skin beneath.

“Oh, you need a napkin? Be right back!” Wes hurried off, returning seconds later with a mountainous heap of white squares.

“Thh--haankkssSHOO! ISHOO! HETSHOO! Huhehh…” Trevor grabbed one of the napkins and smashed it over his nose. “MMPSHUUH! UMPFF! HiiTCHnnk!”

“Bless you times…uh…how many was that, six? Bless you times six.” Wes sat next to him and rubbed his back. “You okay? Is there anything else you need? I’ll get anything, even if we don’t have it here. I can just run out for a minute and get whatever you want.”

Trevor rested his head on Wes’s shoulder. “No, I’m fine. Really. This helped.” He held up the mug of hot water.

“Oh, almost forgot! Here.” Wes passed him two Tylenols, which Trevor swallowed back easily, then returned his head to Wes’s shoulder.

In moments, and against his will, he was asleep.

-------

We'll see if I can come back tomorrow! I'll try! :heart: :heart:

:blushing: thanks for sneezy wes again!!! :wub::wub::wub:

your story is like a DRUG!!! NO kidding^^

i LOVE how wes takes care of trevor!!!

i would might become gay...uhm if i were a boy :laugh: and if i were there instead of trevor :blushing:

*weird thoughts of a weird fan gurl* :innocent:

This is still so great, I'm loving it! Wes is absolutely just an adorable sweetheart ^_^ Good, good stuff. Btw, not to threadjack or anything but... Congrats on your novel!! :yes: If your stories here are any indication, I'm sure its fabulous!

Scion - I came back and there's TWO updates!

But aside from this, I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your grandmother. And on the other hand, excited about you being published! That's fantastic and congratulations! :nohappy:

Love this story.. and can't wait to see how this progresses... and then the Matt and Lena story? I'm excited for THAT, too. :plane:

Yes You!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

THERE'S AN UPDATE THERE'S AN UPDATE THERE'S AN UPDATE THERE'S AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :winkkiss:

I Love this story soo MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! Wes' cute ramblings, and worryings! So sweet!!!!!!!!!!

And his SNEEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!

And Trevor!!!!!!!!! I love how you made him sleepy and cute and... :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Awwww! I need to hug him!!!!! May I please borrow him for a short while???? Me wants to hug him... :bleh::kisscheek: Hehe!!!!!

And as with Wes, his sneezing was just SOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the steam sneezes!!!!! (jumps up and down happily)

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooo happy you will always come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need sooo much more of these stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These two are such a good pair, but I can't wait to see lena and Matt either. I'm REALLY looking forward to both an update from this one, AND the new story lol!

High hopes considering your busy schedule I know, but... PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP???? Lol!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please update Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

(runs off to try and hug Trevor lol) :laugh:

Ciuty80: :laugh: I feel the same way. If I were a boy I would become gay and then get with Wes haaaa! Ah, you're so sweet. I love and appreciate your comments more than you know. Thank you so much, seriously.

Quite Contrary: Yes, I love Wes, too. Aww, he is truly the sweetest guy everrrr. And about my novel. :lol: That's so nice! Thank you thank you!

Mims: Thanks--for everything you said. I appreciate it so much, and I'm so glad you like this story. I'm also looking forward to writing Matt/Lena's story! :) Hopefully it'll be good, since Lena's been around so long lol.

Aprilcot: Ahhh!!!! Muahahaa, sleepy and cute and sneezy boys are the best kind! And sweet ones like Wes, of course. :laugh: Yeah, you can give Trev a hug. He sure needs it, even with Wes to cuddle him. I promise you I WILL finish this story as WELL as Matt and Lena's. It may take a while, since I've been kind of :wacko: but I will get it done eventually! Thank you so much for being so nice and sweet and making me feel special. I :heart: you!

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. I actually got back from Boston (where the funeral was held) on Friday, but then I had to work on a bunch of school work as well as my novel. Ugh.

All right. So, I have news. First off, this is what my book cover art looks like now: http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/...arl-d39p36u.jpg

Okay. ALSO, I added a little something to the manuscript that wasn't there before, just for you guys--I'm sure you know what I mean! My boy does something just for you! It's like a shout out to you all for being the best people everrrrrr! So, if you decide to read my book when it comes out, well, you'll get something out of it. :cry:

But here I am. I have not forgotten you all and this story and Trevor and Wes or Matt and Lena. Promise. :heart:

Part Ten:

Wes caught the mug as it went to slide from Trevor’s grip, clunking it down on the bedside table. “Don’t sleep for too long,” he told the boy whose head rested on his shoulder. “Or I’ll start to miss you.”

Mere moments later, Trevor’s muted whimpers had Wes frowning and shaking him awake, apprehension pinging inside his chest.

Trevor blinked sleepily up at him, mouth gaping wide in a yawn he couldn’t fight back. “Ss’goin’ on?” he mumbled over another yawn. He pressed his cheek into Wes’s chest. “Mmm, did I fall asleep?”

Petting Trevor’s hair, Wes said, “For a minute. Then you started making these…sounds, like you were in pain, and I sort of, um, woke you up--just to make sure you were okay. I would have let you sleep otherwise, because you look so exhausted, but I didn’t know if you were having some kind of nightmare. I figured it was better to be safe and wake you just in case, but you can definitely go back to sleep now if you want to.”

“Ha’GITCHhOO!” was Trevor’s articulate response, which was followed by a soggy sniffle and a wet cough.

“So, were you having a nightmare?” Wes inquired curiously. “I mean, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but I’d like to know if you want to tell me--or you could tell me later or something. There’s no rush. I’ll be here forever.” And so will you, he added silently.

Trevor’s back muscles jumped in preparation for a sneeze, his shoulders lifting and digging into Wes’s side. “Hisshhoo! ItchSHOO!”

“Bless you, muirnin,” Wes whispered into Trevor’s hair, then felt his own nose twitch in reaction to the absent Izzy, who could apparently plague him even from the other room. He twisted his head away from Trevor, fingers clenching on Trevor’s forearms as he let his bothersome sinuses run rampant. “RusshhOOO! ARRrrTCHOO! Uh’HISHHT! Whew, my snee--heh--zes are getting stranger by the seconddtTSCHIOO! CHOO!”

ISHHEEW!” Trevor burst out just as Wes released a powerful “UTSCHUUH!” into the open air.

Chuckling under his breath, Wes spread his hand over Trevor’s back. “We’re a sorry pair, huh, Trev? Oh, yeah, we were talking about something, weren’t we? Ah! So, was it a nightmare or…?”

Trevor tensed, but didn’t draw away. “Sort of,” he admitted reluctantly. “More like…a memory. But I guess memories and nightmares can be the same thing sometimes.”

Wes’s heart squeezed painfully. He did NOT like the idea of his Trevor having any kind of upsetting memories. Then again, what with the way they’d met, it only made sense that Trevor would be troubled, so he’d have to learn to work with it--not accept it, but…

“You know,” Trevor said, breaking into Wes’s unpleasant thoughts. “You didn’t have to bring Izzy back here with us. You could have left her…where you found her.”

“I know,” Wes replied, blinking away the tears prickling his sensitive eyes. “But I wanted to. I know you said she isn’t yours, but you seem to care for her some, so I figured what the heck. It couldn’t hurt--”

“Much,” Trevor finished for him, smiling despite himself.

“Exactly.” Wes grinned, then his expression dimmed. He traced a finger down the line of Trevor’s jaw. “Are you really okay?” His eyes searched Trevor’s, seeking the truth.

Trevor wanted to lie, to say he was fine and dandy and prevent Wes from worrying, but suddenly he was too tired, to drained, too frightened to keep himself at bay any longer. He wanted to be a part of Wes, to share his skin, his breath, his heart. The biting ache in his head intensified until his eyes felt compressed, like they’d pop out of his skull any minute and go rolling away across the floor. His mind slowed, stopped, congealed.

“Wes…my head,” Trevor gasped, gripping handfuls of Wes’s shirt. God, how was he even still alive with this much agony rocketing through his head, as if someone was whacking him repeatedly with an ice-pick?

“What? What is it? What about your head?” Wes, sounding distressed, gently caressed Trevor’s temples.

All Trevor could manage was a hissing groan expelled through his clenched teeth.

Wes understood. He took Trevor’s head into his lap, fingers working though Trevor’s hair, scraping lightly over his scalp, massaging away the points of sharp pain. “Better?” he breathed after a few minutes, palms gliding around Trevor’s neck.

“Little,” Trevor gritted. A layer of pain was still frosted over his brain, pulsing in quick stabs, each one slightly less painful than the last.

“I’m so sorry,” Wes rushed to say. “I shouldn’t have put you on the spot like that. You don’t have to tell me anything. In fact, there is nothing to tell. What were we talking about? Nothing. Okay.”

Trevor couldn’t help but laugh, even as his head protested, sending spirals of fire down his spine, where they seemed to spread and multiply. “Just need…a minute…” he panted feebly.

“Take all the time you need,” Wes exclaimed enthusiastically. “There’s no pressure. No rush. We have all the time in the world, so just…relax and let me hold you.”

Nodding, Trevor buried his face in Wes’s belly and sighed. This was turning out to be the absolute longest day of his life.

The worst day.

But also the best.

-------

There will be more. Cross my heart. Sorry for the shortness, by the way. I'm having serious trouble concentrating for some reason. Hmm...

Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is BREAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ADORE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hope the funeral went okay... If you know what I mean... :laugh:

I think that an update from you has got to be one of the best birthday presents ever! :)

Thank you SOOO much for updating, and I am SOOOOOOOO GLAD THAT YOU WILL FINISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ADORE THE NEW FRONT COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleepy, sneezy, cute boys? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a tad hyper today lol... :laugh: BUT STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your story deserves it lol!

Take all the time you need, it will help us appreciate them more!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME CUDDLE TREVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart::lol::wacko: Lol.

I will give him back eventually lol, but me thinks he needs a long, long cuddle... haha

The first sentence was just SOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adore how the mug falls out of his grip and the quiet little, 'Or I'll start to miss you.'

This just gets better and better! Honest!

I love them sneezing together, and the way that you can tell Wes is nervous because he rambles on and on... SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Trevor's headache gets better!!

Can't wait for the next update, I hope it isn't too far away!

It's my pleasure and I :heart: you too! :cry:

:cryhappy: OHHHH MY DEAR GOD!!!

wonderful update :drool::drool:

...sneezy wes :blushing: *grabs him and locked me, him and izzy in a small room* :twisted:

...awesome colors in your cover :lol:

even like this should end a workful day for me

...coming home :mellow:

...starting my pc :cursing: (it is SLOW...)

...AND SEE lovely Scion gave us all another GREAT update

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :D:lol: waiting for the next update^^

Scion - Funerals.. tough stuff. Glad you made it through. Cover art is wonderful.. I want to read your book, most definitely!

I loved the update.. and I love Trevor and Wes.. period. As for having trouble concentrating.. makes sense, with everything happening right now. Your avid fans aren't going anywhere, so take the time you need.

Aprilcot: AHH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're SIXTEEN!?! LOL! I'm so glad I decided to update yesterday! Yep, I know what you mean. To be honest, it was my first funeral, and kind of...weird. We had assigned seats and the people "hosting" the funeral wouldn't let any family members speak. Very odd...BUT ON TO THE GOOD, HAPPY STUFF!!! Yeah, you enjoy your cuddle, 'cause it can't last too long or Wes will have to come and kick your butt haha. AWW what is UP with your comment? You're clearly trying to kill me with awesome niceness! I love hearing about everything you liked. SO. FUN. PLUS, you're so sweet, all worried about Trevor haha, I kinda want to give YOU a hug! Did you get any birthday hugs? LOL! :kisscheek: THANK YOU!

Ciuty80: Ha! You evil person! :laugh: Hmm, I wonder who ELSE is evil. Couldn't be me... :innocent: Thank you SO MUCH for your comment. It means so, so, so, so much to me! :heart: :heart: You make me so happy!

Mims: Aw, thank you so much. You definitely made my day. Just knowing that you WANT to read my book is...such an amazing feeling. I can't tell you how much it means to me. And, of course, that you love Trev and Wes...just...It's SO important to me and I AM SO GRATEFUL! Thank YOU! :heart:

Okay, so I was in a writing mood today...I think...maybe...There are some new developments here that I'm kinda excited about, so I hope you like them as much as I do!

Part Eleven:

“She killed herself.”

Wes started; he hadn’t known Trevor was awake--and then his words sank in and Wes felt his stomach drop. His hands froze in Trevor’s hair. “What?”

Trevor’s hot breath melted over Wes’s belly. “I…she was my best friend. I didn’t know she was…in love with me…” He choked up on the last words, and had to fight to clear his throat, his arms going around Wes’s waist and squeezing. “Marissa. We…I got her…pregnant.”

Wes blinked. Pregnant?

Obviously sensing Wes’s confusion, Trevor tried again. “It was just one time. I wanted to know…what it was like.”

And? Wes wanted to say, but didn’t. If Trevor wanted to tell him, he would, and Wes would have to control his tongue long enough to let Trev speak.

“Anyway…” Tension bled through Trevor’s tenuous control. He didn’t want to talk about this, didn’t want to relive it--but he felt Wes deserved the truth. Hell, Wes deserved way more than the truth. He deserved more than Trev would probably ever be able to give him, but that wasn’t going to stop him from trying to keep Wes for himself. He was selfish that way. “…she got pregnant and expected me to…marry her.”

“Oh,” Wes muttered, seemingly at a loss for words--which Trevor hadn’t known was possible. “Um…oh.”

“Yeah.” Trevor closed his eyes and burrowed closer to Wes. “I told her I was gay and she just…snapped. I moved out for a while to…” Get away from her. “Give her some space, to sort things out, you know. Next time I saw her she was dead, her wrists slashed open…there was blood…everywhere. It took me weeks to feel like it wasn’t still caked inside my nose, all over my skin.”

The sudden buzzing of Wes’s phone interrupted them, and they both jumped, startled out of their prospective thoughts.

Wes drew his cell from his pocket, pressed it to his ear. “Hello?”

“Wes, is that you, hun?”

For a beat, Wes couldn’t place the voice--and then it came to him in a crushing rush. It was Matt’s mom. “Mrs. Sullivan? Is everything okay? How’s Matt? Have you seen him? Where are you? Are you okay?”

Puffs of ragged breathing answered him. Then, in a broken whisper, “He’s gone, Wes.”

Time slowed as Wes tried to comprehend what he’d just been told. Trevor, noticing his distress, took Wes’s hand and squeezed reassuringly. That was all Wes needed to gather his thoughts. “What do you mean he’s ‘gone?’ How can he be GONE?”

Matt’s mom choked on a withheld sob. “Oh, Wes. I don’t know what to do to help him. Not anymore. I’ve tried so hard--we all have. Mark, Parker, Macy and I…we’ve spent the past twelve years trying to heal him, to make up for…” Her voice shattered, and another sob was torn from her, harsher, more riddled with pain.

Wes’s head was spinning. The last twelve years? What had happened twelve years ago? And why did Matt need healing? “Angie,” he said with forced calm, using the woman’s given name, “what are you talking about? What’s wrong with Matt? What do you have to make up for?”

There was a long, pregnant pause. Then, finally, she spoke. “Matt was adopted, Wes. He came from…well, he’d been…severely”--her voice cracked--“abused by his birth parents. This was a few years before Parker came along, when we thought we couldn’t have our own children. We decided to adopt, but keep trying for…” She paused, cleared her throat. “Yes, well. Anyway, the moment we saw our Matty, we knew he was meant to be ours. It was instantaneous, irrefutable.”

Wes nodded, though she couldn’t see him. He felt Trevor convulse quietly against him, stifling a sneeze into silent submission. Absently, he stroked Trevor’s hair as the boy pinched his nose shut for another “Hkkt-uu!” that had his warm body jerking against Wes’s.

“He had…a brother,” Matt’s mom was saying, and Wes battled to stay focused as she went on. “A younger brother…but at the time, we really only had enough to support one child. Two would have been too much for us. We didn’t think we were ready to take on two children at once.”

“I understand,” Wes said, assuming this was what she wanted to hear. A tingle had started up in his nose, but he was trying desperately to ignore it in hopes that it would give up. He wasn’t having much luck.

“Matt was…distraught when we brought him home. We’d thought he’d be thrilled to finally have a family, a real home, but he wasn’t. He was angry and bitter and broken and he hated us so much. He saw us as the people who’d separated him from his little brother, and he’s never forgiven us for it.”

“Did you never try to find his brother?” Wes asked gently. “In all these years?”

“Oh, believe me, we’ve tried. But it’s as if he’s fallen off the planet. The adoption agency will tell us nothing at all, and…well, Matt’s never really gotten over it. He…” A long, guilty sigh. “He’s…so damaged, Wes. Sometimes I fear there’s no hope for him.”

IPTCH!” Wes locked his hand over his nose, breath wavering precariously. “Hnnk! Uh, excuse me. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt you.”

“God bless you,” Matt’s mom said sincerely. “Don’t apologize, hun. I’m just…” More wrenching sobs traveled over the line, trampling over Wes’s heart. “I’m so lost. I don’t know how to help my poor baby.”

Trevor rubbed his cheek against Wes’s knee, signaling his support. Grateful, Wes brought their clasped hands up to his mouth and brushed a kiss over Trevor’s knuckles.

“What do you know about Matt’s brother?” Wes asked, trying to think of a way to help his friend. “And--what do you mean Matt’s gone?” he repeated, his nerves jingling.

“He was in the hospital,” Angie croaked miserably. “He was fine--he’d just gotten out of surgery, and when I went in to see him…he wasn’t…there.”

Wes waited with feigned patience as Matt’s mom wept openly, then said, “And his brother? What do you know about him? Anything? A name? An age?”

“Yes,” she replied on a forlorn sigh. “He’s nineteen.”

“Hh’eeUTSChhuh!” Wes’s hand flew to his burning nose as air whooshed from his lungs in an uneven flow of “heehhs” and “uhhs.” Fingers closing over his flaring nostrils, he let out a small, breathy “Shhksh!”

“Bless you,” Matt’s mom said gravely. “Hun, are you all right?”

“Me? I’m fine. Just a little cat trouble. Um, so, about Matt’s brother. You said he was nineteen?”

“Yes.”

“And…his name?”

Angie hesitated, drew in a preparatory breath, and said, “Tyler. His name’s Tyler.”

------

HAAAAAAA! Did I have this planned all along? Wouldn't YOU like to know, LOL!!!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYGGGGOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW CAN YOU LEAVE IT THERE??????????????????????????????

YOU MEAN MEAN BUT UTTERLY BRILLIANT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ADORE Trevor's stifled sneeze, it's SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt has a BROTHER?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S ADOPTED?????????????????????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I swear you are literally inside my head, reading all my thoughts about the characters the just Make me MELT! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MUST HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. I'm so glad you could update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm now 16 lol, :heart: Thank you! I did get a few birthday hugs thanks :heart:

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST HAVE LONG HUG WITH TREVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we need a rota for Wes and I to take turns lol.

That is weird for a funeral... I know that my nan's is pre-arranged and only certain people can speak, but, they're still family... That is very strange... :heart::innocent:

ANYWAY....

PLEASE CONTINUE PLEASE CONTINUE PLEASE CONTINUE PLEASE CONTINE LOL!

I'm not trying to kill you! If I killed you there would be no more stories!

Lol, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::kisscheek:

Archived